Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester Rule!

Redknapp quits Southampton post

Is Redknapp off to pompey?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Well is he ? ?

• Yes
    • No

Harry Redknapp has left his post as manager of Southampton.

Redknapp is now expected to open talks with south coast rivals Portsmouth about a return to his former club.

In a statement on the Saints' official website, chairman Rupert Lowe revealed Redknapp told him on Friday it was now "impossible" for him to stay.

"He told me he regarded his employment with the club as being at an end. Accordingly I have placed Dave Bassett in charge against Burnley," said Lowe.

In a lengthy statement, Lowe said he made "no apologies for setting out a detailed chronology" of the "extraordinary" events of the past week.

Portsmouth asked Southampton for permission to speak to Redknapp on Thursday.

Lowe explained: "I spoke to Harry who told me he had been considering his future and that he believed Portsmouth to be his 'spiritual home'."

_41293665_redknapp203index.jpg

Idiot. Saints fans will hate him even more than they did when he was first Pompey manager, and some Pompey fans will hate him for going to Saints.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I totally agree

I think it's pretty obvious really!!!

I am sure Pompey fans have mixed feelings at the minute but if it turns out he got them Promoted kept them in the Premiership, went to the arch rivals for 6months relegated them for the first time in about 7000 years comes back to Pompey and keeps them in the premiership again it will be Mission acomplished!!! and he will probably go down as a Pompey legend for that!!!

rednapp, Lowe, mandaric plus Wise and Bassett what an unedifying collection of the venal, mendacious and stupid. They deserve each other.

lol:thumbup:

Archived