Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stephen85

QPR Away Match - Query

Hi all, 

Looking some advice, my son who's 10 is a Leicester City fan and we are travelling from Northern Ireland to London towards the end of October for 3/4 days, I seen Leicester are playing away to QPR on the 28th October, what would be the likelihood of me getting 2 adults and 1 child ticket for that match on general sale and when roughly would these go on sale?

I seen on the Leicester City website about becoming a Fox member and could help get tickets but am I correct in thinking if I want 3 tickets (me, wife and son) I would need us all to become Fox members as I think it's one ticket per account? 

sorry for all the questions, its just it would our first ever match and I haven't really got a clue how to go about getting tickets.

many thanks

2 minutes ago, Stephen85 said:

Hi all, 

Looking some advice, my son who's 10 is a Leicester City fan and we are travelling from Northern Ireland to London towards the end of October for 3/4 days, I seen Leicester are playing away to QPR on the 28th October, what would be the likelihood of me getting 2 adults and 1 child ticket for that match on general sale and when roughly would these go on sale?

I seen on the Leicester City website about becoming a Fox member and could help get tickets but am I correct in thinking if I want 3 tickets (me, wife and son) I would need us all to become Fox members as I think it's one ticket per account? 

sorry for all the questions, its just it would our first ever match and I haven't really got a clue how to go about getting tickets.

many thanks

In order to get home or away tickets you would need a membership per person. Away tickets won’t go to general sale so the chances of you getting these are slim even with a membership. If Leicester go on a decent run these will more than likely sell out in the priority points or all season ticket holder stage.. 

I think your best bet would be to sit in the home end, can’t imagine they would sell out although I ain’t sure what their selling arrangements are. I would keep checking their website 

I did say to him about sitting at the home end as i thought that would be the easiest option as i thought from looking online getting Leicester away tickets would be hard. He said he could not sit with fans that didn't support Leicester, but i'll have a chat with him and explain this might be the only option.

Would love to take him to a home game at some stage, but again it seems quite hard to get tickets and i would need to book flights / hotel in advance and then hope to get tickets which is why i thought a match in around London would be easier for first game.

many thanks for the info.

16 minutes ago, Stephen85 said:

I did say to him about sitting at the home end as i thought that would be the easiest option as i thought from looking online getting Leicester away tickets would be hard. He said he could not sit with fans that didn't support Leicester, but i'll have a chat with him and explain this might be the only option.

Would love to take him to a home game at some stage, but again it seems quite hard to get tickets and i would need to book flights / hotel in advance and then hope to get tickets which is why i thought a match in around London would be easier for first game.

many thanks for the info.

No home tickets would be easier although unless they go to general sale then you would need a membership.. end of October w/c 30th is the fourth round of the carabao cup which would be your best chance of general sale if they’re drawn at home? 

1 hour ago, MS0204 said:

No home tickets would be easier although unless they go to general sale then you would need a membership.. end of October w/c 30th is the fourth round of the carabao cup which would be your best chance of general sale if they’re drawn at home? 

Or someone kindly helps him on here by having as season ticket holder 'guest'. 

Another example that shows how wrong the club have got all of this stuff. This poor bloke potentially wants to come to Leicester from over the sea, spend his money on the club and in the city and yet LCFC are going to make him jump through so many obstacles. It's pathetic.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

It's sad isn't it. In this case it's not good but imagine a young lad that actually lives in Leicester, suddenly takes an interest in football and wants to go to a Leicester game - The Mum or Dad's then got to get themselves and the kid a membership to buy a home ticket each on top. Not sure what the policy for General Sale will be this season but there should be a standard time frame for tickets to come on sale if it's not sold out to members and STH's. Potentially a huge amount of people who won't have the natural progression to be a Leicester fan due to £ barriers imposed by the club.

Great point. 

The sad reality of it is, unless the club are now further unsuccessful (as in don't get promoted and spend a few years at this level), then they really don't care about situations like the one you raise. You can absolutely guarantee if that were to happen then you'd be able to walk in whenever you want and buy a season ticket and they'd be begging us to go down and buy on the gate with special offers. 

It's about exploitation. Maximising money from us in any way they can. Some might say well that's the whole point of a business. But you need to build a football club on community and the closer you get to the summit of Premier League success, the further clubs detach themselves from them communities. 

• Like 2

So say i bought 3 foxes memberships, what are the chances of being able to get tickets for a normal championship home fixture and roughly how long before the match day do the tickets go on sale? its just i would need to book flights / hotel etc.

The way I look at it,  getting my son to a match from Northern Ireland isn't going to be cheap anyway given flights / hotel etc but if I knew if we were members and I would stand a good chance of getting tickets for a game even early next year then I would sign up, just didn't want to spend towards £100 on 3 memberships and still not have a chance of getting match tickets because obviously we would be on very little points etc.  (maybe something i need to look into for a Christmas present lol)

on a different note .... say i was to get home tickets for the QPR match given its our first ever game, i assume its friendly enough if he just wasn't to roar if/when Leicester score lol?

33 minutes ago, Stephen85 said:

So say i bought 3 foxes memberships, what are the chances of being able to get tickets for a normal championship home fixture and roughly how long before the match day do the tickets go on sale? its just i would need to book flights / hotel etc.

The way I look at it,  getting my son to a match from Northern Ireland isn't going to be cheap anyway given flights / hotel etc but if I knew if we were members and I would stand a good chance of getting tickets for a game even early next year then I would sign up, just didn't want to spend towards £100 on 3 memberships and still not have a chance of getting match tickets because obviously we would be on very little points etc.  (maybe something i need to look into for a Christmas present lol)

on a different note .... say i was to get home tickets for the QPR match given its our first ever game, i assume its friendly enough if he just wasn't to roar if/when Leicester score lol?

If you bought memberships you would have a very high chance of getting too any home game. They go on sale 4-5 weeks prior to the game. If it was only one match you wanted then you have to work out whether you want to pay £96 on 3 memberships or pick a fixture and ask for help a few months prior to see if anyone can help you out

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stephen85 said:

You could look at QPR hospitality packages,

not much chance of any trouble. Be pricey though