Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Preston away

Also - Don't be afraid to ask (beg) outside. I am confident some North Enders would give up their tickets, it happened last year for the Sunderland game, when they needed something to make the play offs. I believe some friendships were forged between PNE and SAFC fans that day. I think a few of them ended up on the PNE Town End, and were looked after by the North End faithful. I would ask around when outside the ground, if you're desperate.

Edited to add - maybe join PNEOnline and ask around there. I might have another spare, but I won't know until later on today.

Edited by Deepdale tonight
  • Like 1

If anyone is peckish before the match, the Potato Tram at the ground (near the Tom Finney splash statue) serve up amazing spuds, and if you fancy a proper taste of Preston, the parched peas (add plenty of vinegar to them, the bottle is there where they serve). I can't vouch for the burger vans etc. but the potato tram has been in Preston for a very very long time, and the spuds are amazing, you won't get better grub for a fiver or so. You can sit and eat next to the Tom Finney statue, or on the wall near Gentry bar, which is to the right of the Potato Tram. 

If you're in town before the game, then Bruccianis is a great cafe (on Fishergate, not too far from Railway Station). Ohannes Burgers, which is also close to Railway Station on Fishergate (just before you get to Bruccianis) is a good burger place. There's a few bars just off from Fishergate (Hartleys is a good one) and if you walk up towards the Bus Station, there's plenty more. The Orchard is small. but with great selection of ales. Black Horse is pretty good. Market Street Chippy is generally good, I think its got new owners, but it was always a good chippy, and last time I went, it was OK. If you fancy spending a couple of quid more (its not very expensive, but its not cheap cheap) then try Plau on Friargate, its got great food and great booze. Moor Brook is an obvious one for away fans, great ale, great food, and a short walk to Deepdale. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Orange seat said:

Where’s everyone headed pre match for this? The Moorbank as suggested or into the town to the ‘spoons etc?

Sometimes too much choice isn’t the best thing! 🤣

It's Moor Brook, really good ale and grub. As always, it's raining in Preston at the moment, but there's a covered outdoor bit at the back of the Brook with pizza oven. His pizzas are really good. Moor Park across the road is less sophisticated ale and food wise but I like it, it's a proper Preston pub and good value with a decent Guinness. Whetherspoons (Greyfriars) is massive, and as you'd expect, good value with a heap of ales. I think you'll be very welcome everywhere, it's not so long ago that Leicester made top level football interesting again. Will always love Ranieri for doing that.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Deepdale tonight said:

It's Moor Brook, really good ale and grub. As always, it's raining in Preston at the moment, but there's a covered outdoor bit at the back of the Brook with pizza oven. His pizzas are really good. Moor Park across the road is less sophisticated ale and food wise but I like it, it's a proper Preston pub and good value with a decent Guinness. Whetherspoons (Greyfriars) is massive, and as you'd expect, good value with a heap of ales. I think you'll be very welcome everywhere, it's not so long ago that Leicester made top level football interesting again. Will always love Ranieri for doing that.

Cheers for all the info mate, very helpful and much appreciated  👍🏻

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Deepdale tonight said:

If anyone is peckish before the match, the Potato Tram at the ground (near the Tom Finney splash statue) serve up amazing spuds, and if you fancy a proper taste of Preston, the parched peas (add plenty of vinegar to them, the bottle is there where they serve). I can't vouch for the burger vans etc. but the potato tram has been in Preston for a very very long time, and the spuds are amazing, you won't get better grub for a fiver or so. You can sit and eat next to the Tom Finney statue, or on the wall near Gentry bar, which is to the right of the Potato Tram. 

I can vouch for that, just had one, superb and thanks for the recommendation👌 

• Like 1