Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Preston away

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

They might be going for top 6 themselves then.

This.

If they're mid table going nowhere, we'll definitely get the whole end.

But if it looks like it could be a crucial game for them ... then maybe not.

That's why I'm hoping PNE sink gently back into mid table mediocrity!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Selling dates are on the website now, but allocation is to be confirmed.

https://tickets.lcfc.com/en-gb/categories/away%20tickets

As I said above, we need Preston to lose some games and slip down into mid table.   Otherwise, if they think their last home match will be crucial ... I don't see anyway they'll be giving us the whole end.  

(which would be really annoying, as they've given it to everyone else this season that's wanted it.)

• 2 weeks later...

What do we think about chances of TV pick for this one?  

If we do get picked is it reasonable to assume it won't be Saturday lunchtime as League One finishes that day with all games kicking off at 12:30?

It could feasibly be Friday night, Saturday teatime or early Sunday kick off I guess?  

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, shilton_fox said:

When are the last tv dates announced? Praying this doesn’t get moved 

Surely with how close it is sky will want to show us, Leeds and Ipswich for the penultimate game?  The "official" date for broadcast picks is 5th April.

As @billyn88 said above, I'm expecting us, Ipswich and Leeds to be on the Sky - presumably Friday pm, Saturday lunchtime and Monday night slots.

Ipswich are away at Cov on Tue 30/4/24, so they can't do the Monday night slot.   So in theory, there's a 50/50 chance of Monday night being us or Leeds.

Since we're playing on Tue 23/4/24, I would hope that Sky wouldn't make us play on the Friday night.  But wouldn't bet against it.

(and because Preston are still in with a chance of the playoffs, I don't think we'll get the whole end for this.   I hope I'm wrong.)

20 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

As @billyn88 said above, I'm expecting us, Ipswich and Leeds to be on the Sky - presumably Friday pm, Saturday lunchtime and Monday night slots.

Ipswich are away at Cov on Tue 30/4/24, so they can't do the Monday night slot.   So in theory, there's a 50/50 chance of Monday night being us or Leeds.

Since we're playing on Tue 23/4/24, I would hope that Sky wouldn't make us play on the Friday night.  But wouldn't bet against it.

(and because Preston are still in with a chance of the playoffs, I don't think we'll get the whole end for this.   I hope I'm wrong.)

I think Saturday lunchtime may be replaced by Sunday noon simply as Saturday is league one final day - there's the usual PL double bill Sunday from 2 so they won't want a clash with that.

I've seen they've put a PL game this Sunday at 6pm so I guess we can't rule that out as a slot either but I think Friday and Monday evening are bankers.

3 hours ago, billyn88 said:

I think Saturday lunchtime may be replaced by Sunday noon simply as Saturday is league one final day - there's the usual PL double bill Sunday from 2 so they won't want a clash with that.

I've seen they've put a PL game this Sunday at 6pm so I guess we can't rule that out as a slot either but I think Friday and Monday evening are bankers.

It would be interesting if there was a Sunday match (as well as Friday and Monday nights).  

As Ipswich have a game on the following Tuesday, it would mean they would have to have the Friday night slot.    That would help us in a way, as we don't want to have to play 3 days after Southampton home.      (although we'd miss out on a night in Preston, which is actually quite a decent place for a beer and ladies.)

1 hour ago, worth_the_wait said:

It would be interesting if there was a Sunday match (as well as Friday and Monday nights).  

As Ipswich have a game on the following Tuesday, it would mean they would have to have the Friday night slot.    That would help us in a way, as we don't want to have to play 3 days after Southampton home.      (although we'd miss out on a night in Preston, which is actually quite a decent place for a beer and ladies.)

Hull play Wednesday 24th April (against Cov). So Ipswich vs Hull cannot be the Friday. Ipswich will be Saturday night game.

Leeds and ourselves could be anything between Friday/Sunday/Monday. Unlikely to be Saturday unless they decide to clash with League One/PL games (which I don't think they will).

12 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Hull play Wednesday 24th April (against Cov). So Ipswich vs Hull cannot be the Friday. Ipswich will be Saturday night game.

Leeds and ourselves could be anything between Friday/Sunday/Monday. Unlikely to be Saturday unless they decide to clash with League One/PL games (which I don't think they will).

oh yeah.   Well spotted.    

Ipswich has to be a Saturday game unless, they re-moved the Cov v Ipswich game back a day from the Tue to Wed ... which I doubt they would do.

(and they couldn't move the Hull v Cov game forward from Wed to Tue, as they play Man Utd in the FA Cup on the Sunday.)

Mind you, in the "good old days" teams often used to play on successive days.   Not just 2 days apart!