Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Foxes Trust Statement on Proposed Changes to FA Cup

Good statement and sums up how important this is to fans. The only part I’d disagree with is this

Clearly, the footballing calendar has now reached breaking point and those that govern football should have made plans to give more protection to our domestic game. 

When Newcastle, Spurs and Arsenal are playing in a mini tournament in Australia starting on May 22nd - there is room for more fixtures such as cup replays if they want it.

I posted in the other thread ticket prices for these games are astronomical and the clubs are prioritising their own back pockets over the other 700 odd teams.

Prices for the games in a 100,000 seater stadium  

5D34BC63-E81C-4CA4-80C5-719FD29B35DA.jpeg

• Like 1

Two sided coin this and the other seems to be neglected when it’s being discussed.

What they haven’t considered here, is that it could work in a smaller clubs favour for the match itself. 

The higher league team fields a weaker team, gets a man sent off, loses people through injury etc, especially if the weaker team is at home. 

The lower league team have a better advantage, than getting a replay and having to potentially face a stronger team, away from home. 

Sporting wise this is potentially better.

Financially it potentially isn’t, however I think if they are doing this, then all clubs should go into the pot for round one. 

Edited by Sly