Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Teeno

Am i the only non Levein hater?

Well, after today's performance, I think Pro-Leveiners will have it very, very difficult to survive... lol

I just wish they'd stop making up ridiculous reasons for keeping him. His record on ALL fronts is abysmal.

We are in a very difficult position with these new transfer windows.

The fact is, if Levein gets a decent striker and a good winger, we could have no problem. Again (and the Norwich commentators said this as well) we were the better team but did not take our chances. Then Norwich hit us with a sucker punch.

So the question is, do we give Levein time to get a new player or two in the transfer window? He has to get it right because you only have that month's chance.

Or do we get a new manager before the transfer window to give them time to bring in their own players?

Decision has to be made fairly quickly. Must admit, I'm sitting on the fence. Still feel that a good signing from Levein could reinvigourate the club. If we can find the confidence, I think we will be a half decent team.

The fact is, if Levein gets a decent striker and a good winger, we could have no problem. Again (and the Norwich commentators said this as well) we were the better team but did not take our chances. Then Norwich hit us with a sucker punch.

So the question is, do we give Levein time to get a new player or two in the transfer window? He has to get it right because you only have that month's chance.

Or do we get a new manager before the transfer window to give them time to bring in their own players?

Decision has to be made fairly quickly. Must admit, I'm sitting on the fence. Still feel that a good signing from Levein could reinvigourate the club. If we can find the confidence, I think we will be a half decent team.

Perhaps we ought to toss up between the Norwich and Reading commentators. What the hell would they know after 90 mins. No...this club needs a new broom.

I think the board will give him more time to see what he does in the trnsfer window, but it is all anout what players he gets and are they good enough. :ermm:

And for goodness sake dont sign someone from Scotland <_<

Perhaps we ought to toss up between the Norwich and Reading commentators. What the hell would they know after 90 mins. No...this club needs a new broom.

Well the Norwich commentators seemed to sum up our problems pretty well after just 90 mins, so that does provide a bit of guide in my eyes.

If we get a new manager in, I still think we have a fairly decent base on which to build.

Well the Norwich commentators seemed to sum up our problems pretty well after just 90 mins, so that does provide a bit of guide in my eyes.

If we get a new manager in, I still think we have a fairly decent base on which to build.

If that's what you want to believe Bread. In my eyes the League table has a lot more validity than a couple of idiotic commentators.

Yes, he could bring in a decent striker, who starts off well. But a couple of games down the line they will acclimatise to our standard of play and be as shit as the rest of them. The whole morale within the squad must be in the gutter, and it's for Levein to lift that - he's the manager after all.

Ryan Smith was a breath of fresh air when he came here but in the last 3/4 matches he's fallen into the Leicester mentality and has lost his belief, confidence, and spark. I've got the feeling that even if Levein gets a decent striker/winger/defender, they'll have a few good games and then become the same as the rest of them.

The atmosphere within the squad must be at an all time low, and I think the only way that that will improve is for a new face to come in - somebody with new ideas, new systems, who will lift the players and give them some confidence. Because Levein simply cannot do it anymore. There's only one direction we're going in at the moment and it's not up.

Yes, he could bring in a decent striker, who starts off well. But a couple of games down the line they will acclimatise to our standard of play and be as shit as the rest of them. The whole morale within the squad must be in the gutter, and it's for Levein to lift that - he's the manager after all.

Ryan Smith was a breath of fresh air when he came here but in the last 3/4 matches he's fallen into the Leicester mentality and has lost his belief, confidence, and spark. I've got the feeling that even if Levein gets a decent striker/winger/defender, they'll have a few good games and then become the same as the rest of them.

The atmosphere within the squad must be at an all time low, and I think the only way that that will improve is for a new face to come in - somebody with new ideas, new systems, who will lift the players and give them some confidence. Because Levein simply cannot do it anymore. There's only one direction we're going in at the moment and it's not up.

spot on - an excellent summary Anish

I think the board will give him more time to see what he does in the trnsfer window, but it is all anout what players he gets and are they good enough. :ermm:

And for goodness sake dont sign someone from Scotland <_<

I think that's right - we have been desperately unlucky in the last few games. I believe that Levein knows what he's doing - just need to hang on this season so we can do better next year ...

I think that's right - we have been desperately unlucky in the last few games. I believe that Levein knows what he's doing - just need to hang on this season so we can do better next year ...

The club cannot allow this man to spend another single penny. If they do it will be a repeat of the Peter Taylor debacle again. Levein will panic buy if he's allowed any money. Far better to use it to pay him off if that's what it takes to move him on.

erm - wasnt that our hope last year? it was an appointment to try and make the playoffs 04/05 and with a solid march up towards the top 6 2005/06. we are in a worse position than we were (results wise) this time last year. how long can we (or even the players for that matter) carry on hoping this farce wil improve to suddenly take us towards the play offs?

its looking harder and harder by the minute - only a few weeks ago we were talking about a push up the table if results go our way, and maybe sneaking the play offs - now its all about avoiding relegation and consolidating our position in this league.. wasnt this exactly what we had last year? No - we were better equipped to avoid relegation last year.

Right, i think these so called "Levein haters" are alloud to voice their opinions whilst at a match. This season, i have paid £350-400 for 2 of us to go and watch this. If £350-400 isnt enough to voice my opinion then what is? Only half way through the season and ive paid that much. Like alot of other fans, i didnt renew my season ticket which i have had since the walkers stadium was built, due to a poor season last term... but i knew for a fact i would be going everygame, like i have this year. And not since the Pleat years have i witnessed such a crap side.

We've brought in Ryan Smith, best thing since sliced bread a few games ago... but not the sort of player we need for a relegation battle, which this has turned out to be.

Levein says he is building a young team... Every young team needs some experience and in a way a role model. We havent got that. We need a leader. We havent got that. I dont know what some people and Craig see, when they say we are going in the right way... A bloke rang in on the phone in after the 1-1 draw with millwall and said how we are definately going in the right direction. When asked of how many games he has been to, i think he said none. We are not going the right way, as many other season ticket holders and fans would agree.

Therefore, we shall and will be aloud and i will continue to voice my opinions on Leicester. Get ready for the relegation battle. LEVEIN OUT!

Right, i think these so called "Levein haters" are alloud to voice their opinions whilst at a match. This season, i have paid £350-400 for 2 of us to go and watch this. If £350-400 isnt enough to voice my opinion then what is? Only half way through the season and ive paid that much. Like alot of other fans, i didnt renew my season ticket which i have had since the walkers stadium was built, due to a poor season last term... but i knew for a fact i would be going everygame, like i have this year. And not since the Pleat years have i witnessed such a crap side.

We've brought in Ryan Smith, best thing since sliced bread a few games ago... but not the sort of player we need for a relegation battle, which this has turned out to be.

Levein says he is building a young team... Every young team needs some experience and in a way a role model. We havent got that. We need a leader. We havent got that. I dont know what some people and Craig see, when they say we are going in the right way... A bloke rang in on the phone in after the 1-1 draw with millwall and said how we are definately going in the right direction. When asked of how many games he has been to, i think he said none. We are not going the right way, as many other season ticket holders and fans would agree.

Therefore, we shall and will be aloud and i will continue to voice my opinions on Leicester. Get ready for the relegation battle. LEVEIN OUT!

Well said.. :thumbup:

Today was not a one-off, it summed up how we've played throughout 2005.

A record of just FIFTY points (relegation form) from 46 games speaks for itself.

The manager can neither motivate nor inspire the current team.

Time to tell him "GO! IN THE NAME OF LEICESTER, GO!"

I defenatly don't hate him, i met him and he seemed very nice bloke, and he has brought in class like hume, paddy, maybury and smith (all be it short term) He has also given Stearman a real chance and developed him as a player, and turned Joey Gudjohnsson into one of the best players in the championship. I no the clubs league position is unacceptable but what else can we do It is obvious he won't resign and won't be sacked so I'm going Palace on Monday and i am determined to cheer on the team and him and i feel this is the only positive attitude to take and hopefull he can turn things around.

I defenatly don't hate him, i met him and he seemed very nice bloke, and he has brought in class like hume, paddy, maybury and smith (all be it short term) He has also given Stearman a real chance and developed him as a player, and turned Joey Gudjohnsson into one of the best players in the championship. I no the clubs league position is unacceptable but what else can we do It is obvious he won't resign and won't be sacked so I'm going Palace on Monday and i am determined to cheer on the team and him and i feel this is the only positive attitude to take and hopefull he can turn things around.

I agree with you, i cant fault him as a bloke and cant judge him because ive never met him. Although i just dont see the passion and its not just him, we need the oplayers to play for their shirts. Not the money, the shirt.

Ive not often felt like this towards a Leicester team, but im starting to wonder why i bother going week in week out and after the match i think to myself, what a waste. I could understand if it we atleast put some effiort and passion into our game. :(

I agree with you, i cant fault him as a bloke and cant judge him because ive never met him. Although i just dont see the passion and its not just him, we need the oplayers to play for their shirts. Not the money, the shirt.

Ive not often felt like this towards a Leicester team, but im starting to wonder why i bother going week in week out and after the match i think to myself, what a waste. I could understand if it we atleast put some effiort and passion into our game. :(

same here, it was nice to see Joey show some passion when he was substituted by clapping the fans and sprinting off the pitch so that the game continue, but it couldn't continue for long as they were going down like they'd been shot

same here, it was nice to see Joey show some passion when he was substituted by clapping the fans and sprinting off the pitch so that the game continue, but it couldn't continue for long as they were going down like they'd been shot

I think the year we went up in the first year of the walkers and in the prem, we had the passion. Micky had the passion... which reflects on the players. We had scrappy games, but we got points. Dickov scored because we could put the ball forward for him by muzzy. The only player I really see spreading the ball about is Williams, but still, i dont think he has the right attitude. I think the players think they are too good to be down there but theyve gotta look at the table and realise we are down the bottom and theyve got to fight and fight for a place in the team.

Archived