Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Teeno

Am i the only non Levein hater?

Just wondering.

I think we're ten times better of than what we were this time last year.

I can see where Levein is coming from. I can't think of many games this season where we haven't been on top, it's just frustrating but I think we a regular goalscorer are problems will be solved, and hopefully Wesolowski will kick out Kisnorbo.

I think he should be given a good 6 to 10 games, to chuck him out now would be to early.

Nope I deffo don't hate him either. He's got the right ideas, but he needs to materialise them and stop shooting himself and the team in the foot with his rasther poor tactical decisions. I hope he can turn it around and stear us clear of danger, but if the signs show otherwise in the next few games, he needs to go, simple as...

It would be really nice to see CL turn things around and see the team start producing the results that (some of) the recent performances have deserved. Given the many positive things he's done for the club, the foundations that he's laid, it would be great to see him succeed with what he's done for us.

That said, he infuriates me with some of his decisions. The whole left back situation is a case in point as well as his tactics when facing 'perceived' tough away games. Some of his substitutions have left me baffled as well.

I'm not massively pro or anti CL. I really, really hope results start to improve so he, the staff and the players can organise and play under less stressful comditions. It would be great to see this happen, but, if things start to get worse than they are now then the board would be left with little option but to change things at the top.

If he is given his marching orders early next year I'd be dissapointed for him in that his plans didn't quite work out how he wanted, but, at the same time I'd be relieved and excited of the prospect of another manager taking the helm and trying to steer us back in the right direction.

No, I'm not a Levein hater. He has taken on a very difficult task with limited budget and knowledge of the Championship. He has made some strange decisions this season, hopefully he has learnt from this now, and after every win at Walkers Stadium from now till season end he turns to those whistle blowing fans in the Kop and gives them the 2 fingered salute. That is my New Years wish (and I'll cheer him if he does!).

Just wondering.

I can see where Levein is coming from. I can't think of many games this season where we haven't been on top, it's just frustrating but I think we a regular goalscorer are problems will be solved, and hopefully Wesolowski will kick out Kisnorbo.

I think he should be given a good 6 to 10 games, to chuck him out now would be to early.

You're absolutely right Teano. We are on top for most of many games and that is the measure of the manager. He just cannot effect victories even from dominant situations whereas MON, for example, could conjure up a win out of anything.

I hope you are right about the goalscorer. But I look at quality players like Ryan Smith and say, why is he not improving, why is he not playing with confidence and devil?. Why does he seem less and less effective? Because teams have sussed him to some extent and make provision but our manager has to counter that, make the guy believe he is superman.

If a new guy comes in will he do well then lose confidence?. A problem with Levein is when people let him down or make mistakes he tends to get rid and try someone else instead of remotivating them and coaching any cracks out. In the end, of course, they all make mistakes and let him down so it's back to the beginning. Douglas, Kisnorbo and Sylla however seem to be well tolerated whatever they do.

Anyway, I'm no Levein hater. I just don't understand him half the time. I don't really give a fig who manages Leicester so long as they commit themselves to attack, show belief in what they're doing, prepare the team properly, don't tolerate non performers and win football matches.

Simple really. That's what good managers are well paid for. I don't see of those things at Leicester.

It's not about 'hating' Levein. Those in the anti-Levein camp like me may not think he's up to the job, but most of us don't hate him per se. I wouldn't swear or insult the bloke personally, and he seems a decent guy from interviews and stuff.

But his shortcomings have been well highlighted and outweigh any positives he's done. But that doesn't mean we hate him.

i like Levein hes a decent manager, the players at the moment are to blame imo. we have some class in Smith, Hume, Williams, McCarthy, Gerrbrand, Stearman and Maybury but when they're out on the pitch it isnt used properly. maybe its due to Levein telling them to do things they cant or struggle at but when your on the pitch its easy to do your own thing.

either way i think Levein should stay and we should plough on with him.

i like Levein hes a decent manager, the players at the moment are to blame imo. we have some class in Smith, Hume, Williams, McCarthy, Gerrbrand, Stearman and Maybury but when they're out on the pitch it isnt used properly. maybe its due to Levein telling them to do things they cant or struggle at but when your on the pitch its easy to do your own thing.

either way i think Levein should stay and we should plough on with him.

I agree with Anish , I don’t hate him personally I just don’t want him here as our manager as to put it bluntly IMO he just isn’t good enough

I don't hate Levein, either. Never did.

It's just the fact that his inability to convey the message to the players, the same old excuses and his tactical mistakes have cost him a lot of the credibility he had at the beginning of the season.

A fine man, but - as of right now - simply not up for the job.

I don't hate the guy. I'm just frustrated by results, by his all too often tactical ineptitude, and his persistence in sticking with The Untouchables.

I don't see the benefit in changing manager, but I'm losing patience. I don't want to see us playing in League 1, even if it helps me get closer to the "92", and this will be the deciding factor as far as I am concerned as to whether I still think Levein should remain as City manager.

Fickle? Quite possibly, but 99% of football fans are.

Just wondering.

Agree with almost every word Teeno. The only thing I disagree with is the timescale you give CL. I feel that things will come good and we should stick with Levein. Most of the pieces of the jigsaw are in place with the exception of a settled left back, a free scoring goal poacher and please sort out Rab Douglas. Hopefully the much heralded return of Weso will give us the new Lennon and the most important factor is the time the team/squad are given to form into a unit. Given the above I think we will turn out to be a real threat to every team we have seen in the Championship (still have not seen anyone we have been outclassed by)

Stick with CL, add a few to the squad and just watch us next season. (And this will not be in Div.1)

Stop ALL THE NEGATIVE DOOM AND GLOOM AND SUPPORT YOUR TEAM.

Just wondering.

It's his own fault. He made his reputation as a manager by playing a tight defensive strategy whilst getting the ball forward as quickly as possible to a big front man. Call it long ball football if you like, but he achieved relative success doing this at both Cowenbeath and Hearts. For some reason he is not doing what his head tells him. Graham Taylor did the same with England. He was a great club manager that turned into a joke at International level. If you haven't got the strength to ignore supporters who know very little about the realities of winning football, you deserve all the criticism that comes your way when you fail. Better to fail doing what you believe in than what others pressure you into.

Just wondering.

I agree with you Teeno 100%. We have had quite a few bad results, but the team haven't stopped fighting and the heads haven't dropped. The January transfer window will be crucial. If Levein gets it right, we will be ok, if not, I'm afraid he will probably be on is bike.

I still think Levein has made some positive contributions to the club and on that basis think we should give him more games to see if he can start building upon his good work. One thing is for sure, if a new manager comes in, they will be happy at the work Levein has done since Micky Adams left the club.

I agree with you Teeno 100%. We have had quite a few bad results, but the team haven't stopped fighting and the heads haven't dropped. The January transfer window will be crucial. If Levein gets it right, we will be ok, if not, I'm afraid he will probably be on is bike.

I still think Levein has made some positive contributions to the club and on that basis think we should give him more games to see if he can start building upon his good work. One thing is for sure, if a new manager comes in, they will be happy at the work Levein has done since Micky Adams left the club.

Don't know which teams you're comparing City with, but they HAVE stopped fighting and HAVE dropped their heads. They are playing with fear.

I don't hate the guy. I'm just frustrated by results, by his all too often tactical ineptitude, and his persistence in sticking with The Untouchables.

I don't see the benefit in changing manager, but I'm losing patience. I don't want to see us playing in League 1, even if it helps me get closer to the "92", and this will be the deciding factor as far as I am concerned as to whether I still think Levein should remain as City manager.

Fickle? Quite possibly, but 99% of football fans are.

We have a right to be fickle.

Levein out, he's not got the stones.

It's not about 'hating' Levein. Those in the anti-Levein camp like me may not think he's up to the job, but most of us don't hate him per se. I wouldn't swear or insult the bloke personally, and he seems a decent guy from interviews and stuff.

But his shortcomings have been well highlighted and outweigh any positives he's done. But that doesn't mean we hate him.

Absolutely bang on.

Personally I no long think Levein is the right man to take us forward. His shortcomings, as Anish put have been well highlighted. For example, the formations he has employed before games, 4-5-1 against Reading. Alright they are top of the league, but it didn't work anyway, we lost 2-0 and if we would have played 4-4-2 and our normal style of football, would it really have been all that different.

Also, why is Levein playing players in positions they are not effective in. Round holes, Square pegs and all that. E.g Kisnoro's best position is definatly in defence (if he really has to play him at all that is) so why does he still satempt to play him alongside Joey, where he is totally innefective.

Another point is that why does Levein continue to field players who are playing badly and not in form. E.g Rab Douglas. He's been bloody awful and a liabilty 90% of the time. So why does he select these players, if

A) They are not playing well

B) If form continues could end up costing us the game.

I also feel Craig can't motivate our players any longer you can see that our players have no clue about what they are to do tactically, and our heads have dropped and we can see there is no element of fight in 80% of our team.

Craig has made some good contributions to our club. Smith, Hume, The form of Gudjonsson, Hughes e.t.c. Also he has made our club financially more stable. But we are looming over a bottomless pit now, sat in 20th place and I fear if Craig does not go, then we will plummet into it, not knowing what has happened to us.

He needs to go, and go now, you know it makes sense.

I think levein is a nice bloke and i dont hate him. being in a results based industry football and being in charge for 15 months and succeeding in taking us down up to 10 places is not quite ideal. and he has his own players here now and most were brought to the club by him with the exeption of joey and twatto i think.

very frustrated i dont think he is the right man for the job but if there gonna sack him they have to have someone lined up otherwise things could get worse :ermm::thumbup:

I think most of us are only concerned with the club, and how well the club are doing!! And at this moment city are not doing too well!! January sales will be crucial for CL, if things are still the same after his new additions his days could be numbered!!! IMO there is something missing or something not right with the team, hopefully CL will make thing right!!!

Very true and good post. But it upsets me a little when a lot of fans are calling him a twat and insulting him which I think is unneccessary. It's not like he is deliberately not getting results. Like you say he is a nice bloke and deserves a bit more respect. I certainly don't hate him and I really hope he starts getting results. When you look at the squad now and the old squad we had last year I know which one I'd prefer.

Playing with fear maybe, but when we have been 1-0 down to Crewe, Millwall, Leeds, etc, we have continued to fight and the heads have not dropped.

Exactly what I was going to point out. Plenty of games they've been faced with adversity (goal down or player sent off) and the team have responded well by fighting back to gain something from the match. This is not something we used to see last season.

Playing with fear maybe, but when we have been 1-0 down to Crewe, Millwall, Leeds, etc, we have continued to fight and the heads have not dropped.

Thanks for making my point better than I could have!!! It's only when the pressure is off that the team respond. In other words....they are playing with fear.

I don't hate Levein, either. Never did.

Well I bloody well do! The man just has to go.

Look at what happened to Cardiff; under Lennie Lawrence they were struggling down at this end of the table but a swift change of manager later and they're pushing for the play offs. Levine's ideas don't work. He's had plenty of time to sort it but, to be honest, the guy is out of his depth. He's not cut out for the championship.

New year, new manager.

Archived