Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester Lass

Emergency Board Meeting tomorrow

There is an emergency board meeting tomorrow, confirmed by a friend of mine who works at the club. The board are making it out as if the meeting is for financial reasons but my friend has other ideas, he thinks Levein will be gone by Wednesday but he said it's not a certainty.

How many board meetings has theyre rumoured to be over CL's future recently?

Nearly as many as the number of players we're about to sign or could sign ;)

Just to confirm tomorrows board meeting is not an 'emergency' one but neither is it the normal quarterly format discussing all elements of LCFC performance.

It is to discuss playing performance & CL's solutions including potential squad changes during the transfer window

Just to confirm tomorrows board meeting is not an 'emergency' one but neither is it the normal quarterly format discussing all elements of LCFC performance.

It is to discuss playing performance & CL's solutions including potential squad changes during the transfer window

What's the general consensus at the Trust? Pro-Levein, anti-Levein or a mixed bag?

so it is possible i suppose that he could get the bullet tomorrow :whistle:

What's the general consensus at the Trust? Pro-Levein, anti-Levein or a mixed bag?

We haven't sent out a survey to members as that would just add to the speculation. Would suspect its a mixed bag based on talking to fans at games, with the anti element growing.

The Trust board members had already discussed the situation prior to the Christmas fixtures & knowing the financial implications of making a change we felt that it was not the way forward.

The anti brigade are great at wanting CL out - but the lack of an obvious replacement is clear and the logic of making a change with no clue as to who would replace is baffling. You cannot run a club like that

that's typical leicester they should've had these discussions last month, not when the window's open and the players we could get are going else where :rolleyes:

We haven't sent out a survey to members as that would just add to the speculation. Would suspect its a mixed bag based on talking to fans at games, with the anti element growing.

The Trust board members had already discussed the situation prior to the Christmas fixtures & knowing the financial implications of making a change we felt that it was not the way forward.

The anti brigade are great at wanting CL out - but the lack of an obvious replacement is clear and the logic of making a change with no clue as to who would replace is baffling. You cannot run a club like that

when taylor was sacked was bassett an "obvious" replacement ?

when adams resigned was levein then a obvious replacement ?

you talk about running a club like that but surely the boardhave been doing there homework on other managers over the past couple of weeks just incase the desision was made to replace him.

i for 1 am very worried about the continued loss of fans every week and cannot see them coming back unless changes are made

Why is it wrong for FT members to add to speculation? Arnt their views important to you?

Im in favour of craigs game plan at present, what is yours and Ft`s view in that department?

Do you mean it would cost the fans too much in compensation to get rid?

1) He won't have access to a sugardaddy or a major cash injection.

2) He's tactically inept.

True.

But so is the present incumbent and a lot of people seem to think he's the best thing since sliced bread.

He's brought this club to it's knees and still some people sing his praises.

Why is it wrong for FT members to add to speculation? Arnt their views important to you?

Yes they are, but as a Trust board we are elected to make decisions (just like the LCFC board is by its shareholders), we can't carry out a survey on every occasion. We do more surveys than many Trusts.

Im in favour of craigs game plan at present, what is yours and Ft`s view in that department?

Already answered in an earlier post

Do you mean it would cost the fans too much in compensation to get rid?

It would cost the club & using that money in compo removes the ability to use it on transfers/loan players wages.

I wish the board thought so.

Come on Levein, do the decent thing.

Walk away with a shred of dignity intact and give us a chance of survival.

You don't want a relegation marked against your name and we want you to fock off.

Let's call it Mutual Consent shall we?

True.

But so is the present incumbent and a lot of people seem to think he's the best thing since sliced bread.

Come on TPH just because people are not convinced that getting rid of Levein is the answer doesn't automatically make them believe he's the best thing since sliced bread - show some respect for their views, They are as worried about the situation we are in as you are, I've supported LCFC for more than 40 years but logic and experience tells me that there is not an easy answer - that doesn't mean I think CL is wondeful, perfect or make me an arse licker (and no I'm not saying you called me or anyone else that).

It seems stupid though to point out any weakness in a potential candidate when our manager at present is useless in almost every department.

Those who are pro-Levein say 'show us a list of replacements' and every suggestion is met with 'not good enough'.

Well, get this, Levein isn't good enough. Check the league table.

Give someone else a chance.

True.

The club has been on its knees for a long time! Having a season with a load of journeymen on their last hurrah getting a few points is NOT a step forward by any stretch of the imagination!

Archived