Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester Lass

Emergency Board Meeting tomorrow

Yes they are

So why is it wrong for FT members to add to speculation?

It would cost the club & using that money in compo removes the ability to use it on transfers/loan players wages.

It would cost the fans more than the club...are you saying that craig will not be sacked "using that money in compo removes the ability to use it on transfers/loan players wages", that to me suggests that he wont be, maybe even if we got relegated. The meeting tomorrow is to workout the funds, when that happens, then he wont be sacked.

It seems stupid though to point out any weakness in a potential candidate when our manager at present is useless in almost every department.

Those who are pro-Levein say 'show us a list of replacements' and every suggestion is met with 'not good enough'.

Well, get this, Levein isn't good enough. Check the league table.

Give someone else a chance.

I'm neither pro- nor anti-. I ask for alternatives because I can't see a viable one. People make suggestions as to a replacement, but most seem to be plucking names out of thin air. There isn't a logical or realistic alternative, not one who would logically or realistically come to this club in its current state.

To say I'm concerned is an understatement. But I don't know what the answer is.

I'm neither pro- nor anti-. I ask for alternatives because I can't see a viable one. People make suggestions as to a replacement, but most seem to be plucking names out of thin air. There isn't a logical or realistic alternative, not one who would logically or realistically come to this club in its current state.

To say I'm concerned is an understatement. But I don't know what the answer is.

Martin Allen? Whats wrong with that suggestion or isnt it 'logical or realistic' he would jump at the chance to come to a big club like City.

Martin Allen? Whats wrong with that suggestion or isnt it 'logical or realistic' he would jump at the chance to come to a big club like City.

He's got a chance to get promoted to the Championship with Brentford. Given the choice between that and the possibility of coming here and getting relegated, I know which one I would prefer on my CV.

I think people also overestimate our position in the footballing world. We've always been a club with potential, which has never been fulfilled. Presently, we are a struggling side with no money. Blackpool were once a successful team. So were Notts County. Who are Wigan? Things change. We are not as big as we would like to be.

It's a very dark time at Leicester and it's really starting to scare me. I feel really bad because I actually had Levein down as my number one choice when Adams walked out well over a year ago. I feel bad because if you applaud an appointment as manager should you back them through thick and thin or does there come a time when you have the right to agree he has to go?

If and when Levein goes, I am not going to predict or comment on who and how well the new manager will do. I fear for the worst, for the first time yesterday I actually couldn't convince myself that we won't get relegated. We are playing and showing the classic traits we did in the relegation seasons in the premiership yet it's even worse as we are in the division below and getting beaten by damn ugly teams and it's embarassing and painful.

If Levein does go, I think Rob Kelly will be given the shin-dig for the remainder of the season and possibly longer. Whether this is a good thing or bad thing is open to debate, it certainly can't be any worse than the current situation. We've had promising managers and it's gone sour, perhaps the un-fancied man might do the business as they'll have nothing to lose and with everyone throwing in the towel we might scrape through.

This team isn't too good to go down and the way Levein has pieced it together from SPL and beyond I fear that a new manager will push the players further in to their shell and we'll scuttle our way in to the mighty league one next season.

Saddle up partners, it's only just begun. Who'd be a football fan, ****ers.

He's got a chance to get promoted to the Championship with Brentford. Given the choice between that and the possibility of coming here and getting relegated, I know which one I would prefer on my CV.

I think people also overestimate our position in the footballing world. We've always been a club with potential, which has never been fulfilled. Presently, we are a struggling side with no money. Blackpool were once a successful team. So were Notts County. Who are Wigan? Things change. We are not as big as we would like to be.

I think he would definately come here. We have a premiership ground and training facilities a bit more cash than Brentford we have also got one of the best fan bases in the league. Brentford have still got a lot of work to do to get promoted. I think he would be an ideal replacement. Also maybe the QPR manager. Their struggling a bit now but maybe he has taken them as far as he can.

It's a very dark time at Leicester and it's really starting to scare me. I feel really bad because I actually had Levein down as my number one choice when Adams walked out well over a year ago. I feel bad because if you applaud an appointment as manager should you back them through thick and thin or does there come a time when you have the right to agree he has to go?

If and when Levein goes, I am not going to predict or comment on who and how well the new manager will do. I fear for the worst, for the first time yesterday I actually couldn't convince myself that we won't get relegated. We are playing and showing the classic traits we did in the relegation seasons in the premiership yet it's even worse as we are in the division below and getting beaten by damn ugly teams and it's embarassing and painful.

If Levein does go, I think Rob Kelly will be given the shin-dig for the remainder of the season and possibly longer. Whether this is a good thing or bad thing is open to debate, it certainly can't be any worse than the current situation. We've had promising managers and it's gone sour, perhaps the un-fancied man might do the business as they'll have nothing to lose and with everyone throwing in the towel we might scrape through.

This team isn't too good to go down and the way Levein has pieced it together from SPL and beyond I fear that a new manager will push the players further in to their shell and we'll scuttle our way in to the mighty league one next season.

I know exactly where you are coming from, i think at Reading i finally realised that Levein hasn't got what it takes and that we aren't too good to go down.

Looking at the fixtures ahead i cannot see where the next points will come from, i did beleive that when we played the big teams(i.e palace, reading, norwich) is where we would pick up our points but now im just confused :cry:

Well said Ric.

Much as I 'love' Dion I was amazed when he said we were 'too big to go down' or words to that effect, did he not see what happened to Forest last season? They had all better wake up to the fact we are in the shit and theres no getting away from it and start playing like they mean it. I had tears in my eyes when Norwich scored on Saturday as I knew we were not going to come back.

It spoke volumes yesterday when Tim Davies couldnt back Levein and tried to turn it round on the reporter - he should be a politian!

Well said Ric.

Much as I 'love' Dion I was amazed when he said we were 'too big to go down' or words to that effect, did he not see what happened to Forest last season? They had all better wake up to the fact we are in the shit and theres no getting away from it and start playing like they mean it. I had tears in my eyes when Norwich scored on Saturday as I knew we were not going to come back.

It spoke volumes yesterday when Tim Davies couldnt back Levein and tried to turn it round on the reporter - he should be a politian!

Millwall and Sheffield Wednesday will fight for their lives now. Crewe and Brighton are probably less likely to cause us too much concern but even they know how to fight, for them this league is an achievement for them to be in. For us it's a nightmare and if we don't show some fight and passion I cannot guarantee I won't be on the pitch at some point this season receiving a nice life time ban aswell. Levein cannot take all of the blame either, this club thinks it's big time charlie when it clearly isn't. Being knocked down several pegs might be hard to stomach but might be a blessing in disguise, let's hope we realise this before we get relegated and the club finds a siege mentality (sorry to quote Micky Adams).

Millwall and Sheffield Wednesday will fight for their lives now. Crewe and Brighton are probably less likely to cause us too much concern but even they know how to fight, for them this league is an achievement for them to be in. For us it's a nightmare and if we don't show some fight and passion I cannot guarantee I won't be on the pitch at some point this season receiving a nice life time ban aswell. Levein cannot take all of the blame either, this club thinks it's big time charlie when it clearly isn't. Being knocked down several pegs might be hard to stomach but might be a blessing in disguise, let's hope we realise this before we get relegated and the club finds a siege mentality (sorry to quote Micky Adams).

Time to separate the men from the boys! Us fans have to play our part too, the atmos at the Walkers is shocking. My Norwich mate said he'd heard more noise in a library and hes right! Like I said the other day we arent down yet and its up to us to get singing and create a cracking atmosphere however depressed we are at the moment. Remember, it would be alot worse in League 1.

Time to separate the men from the boys! Us fans have to play our part too, the atmos at the Walkers is shocking. My Norwich mate said he'd heard more noise in a library and hes right! Like I said the other day we arent down yet and its up to us to get singing and create a cracking atmosphere however depressed we are at the moment. Remember, it would be alot worse in League 1.

Your not wrong, I certainly find it alot harder to get myself motivated to sing at home matches at the minute, especially when alot of fans look at you like you've just murdered someone when you start a chant off!

I fear for this club if something drastic isn't done. Millwall have picked up 2 wins and a draw in their last 3 games I think and that's a result of changing manager. 7 points would be a welcome relief to Leicester even if long term it might look misty.

Hi everyone, im a newby to this here forum

This is totally right. All you ever hear at the Walkers is moaning, apart from the two minutes of excitement after the new, and frankly ace, dance remix of the post horn gallop. Whereas the support yesterday at Palace was brilliant.

There's no doubt we're in the shit. But this is when the team needs more support than ever, not the crowd getting on their back.

As for Levein, I honestly think that he will sort us out within 3 years, which may not be forthcoming, but if we can stay up this season and he can carry on building the team then I think he'll turn things around. He took over a team of overpaid has beens and never weres hoofing the ball for their one last pay cheque. Adams' team didnt give a shit about Leicester City and the football was awful to watch. I know we've played some dismal stuff this season, but there have been occasions when we've been knocking the ball around nicely. Granted, some of Levein's signings have been awful - Kisnorbo, de Vries, Douglas (really want to see Henderson given a chance) - but some look like real quality (Hughes, Hume, McCarthy, Smith). Id much rather watch a hungry young team with a bit of pace than an Adams dream team of old men lumping the ball upfield as quickly as possible.

We definately need a genuine goalscorer with a bit of height and a holding midfielder. And probably someone with a bit more experience at the back to help McCarthy. And I appreciate that we don't really have time to piss around. But I do think Levein can do it with a bit of support.

Changing manager every season never works. Changing the team every season never works.

Having said all that, if we lose to Sheff Wednesday, than i really don't know...

I think he would definately come here. We have a premiership ground and training facilities a bit more cash than Brentford we have also got one of the best fan bases in the league. Brentford have still got a lot of work to do to get promoted. I think he would be an ideal replacement. Also maybe the QPR manager. Their struggling a bit now but maybe he has taken them as far as he can.

The ground and facilities count for nothing. I think we'd have been better off staying at Filbo than building the WS, not just financially, but in playing terms.

As for 'one of best fan bases in the league' - are you talking about the 5-10k missing fans, or the 20k who can be bothered to go at the minute? What are you basing this on? All credit to those of us who suffer this purgatory, whether in person or via RL or whatever, but what about the guys at my place of work, all STH's when we were in the Premiership, and yet nowhere to be seen now?

I'm not being funny, but a football club can only be judged on its current form and position, and we are not very good. If I was an ambitious young manager, I wouldn't want to come here. The City job is fastly becoming a poisoned chalice.

Does anybody know when this meeting will be finished? The sooner they announce Levein's future, the better. We should have kept Filbo, we would have had more money, not gone into administration and we could have expanded the two smaller stands. What was wrong with the Carling Stand?

Does anybody know when this meeting will be finished? The sooner they announce Levein's future, the better. We should have kept Filbo, we would have had more money, not gone into administration and we could have expanded the two smaller stands. What was wrong with the Carling Stand?

The problem was that the local residents refused to sell up and so redevelopment couldn't take place.

Well said Ric.

Too big to go down :o

Dion me old son, Manchester City and Sheffield Wednesday are much much bigger clubs then us, Forest and WBA arguably are too, and it never stopped them from being relegated to the old Third.

Maybe we have to get away from this mentality that because we've never been there we'll never go there. Being relegated to the third didn't do WBA or Manchester City any harm look where they are now! Admittedly Forest and Sheffield Wednesday are still struggling but saying we are too big to go down Dion is probably the reason for whats going on in the dressing room and on the pitch.

Too big to go down :o

Dion me old son, Manchester City and Sheffield Wednesday are much much bigger clubs then us, Forest and WBA arguably are too, and it never stopped them from being relegated to the old Third.

Maybe we have to get away from this mentality that because we've never been there we'll never go there. Being relegated to the third didn't do WBA or Manchester City any harm look where they are now! Admittedly Forest and Sheffield Wednesday are still struggling but saying we are too big to go down Dion is probably the reason for whats going on in the dressing room and on the pitch.

Its true, I heard him on LCFC World the other day.

why do these treads always start with i know someone at the club or a friend at the club...or my dad is the caretaker...we know non of this is prob true...and as much as any other leicester fan...but i know for a fact the manager gonna stay at leicester till they play league 1 football...and i heard some people talking about leon knight coming to the club when i went to buy some ciggies at the local coop :S might be good news or bad news?

this is my 1st tread :D hello everyone

why do these treads always start with i know someone at the club or a friend at the club...or my dad is the caretaker...we know non of this is prob true...and as much as any other leicester fan...but i know for a fact the manager gonna stay at leicester till they play league 1 football...and i heard some people talking about leon knight coming to the club when i went to buy some ciggies at the local coop :S might be good news or bad news?

Hi and by the way, I started this thread and they did have an emergency borad meeting today so there :P

Welcome to the boards!

welcome, whats a tread? :whistle:

Just think, levein could be being relieved of his duties as i type this :o

Archived