Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Gilbert signs for Sheffield Wednesday

When Levein bought him he said he was 'one for the future'. He played the first few games of the season and I really rated him, Then for some reason Levein dropped him and then sent him out on loan. You could say he was unproven at this level so he did not warrant an automatic starting place, but if he plays well it makes no sense not to play him. Even when we had a leftback problem, Levein chose to play Maybury, who was far from comfortable there, instead of recalling Gilbert who was match fit, left footed left back!! I though he was probably the best left back in our squad, he certainly performed betterthan Tiatto or Sheehan have done there this season.

I believe when we signed him it was for an "undisclosed fee" the club never actually released the figures. So how can it be classed an "Unbelievable piece of business" when the figures on both transfers have never actually been released?

People can slag Levein off as much as they want when they have the facts to hand but flogging the guy when you know absolutly nothing about the deals or what may have gone on at the club is over the top.

The money can go towards a new left beck or a half decent striker. Or maybe getting rid of Levein.... i'm sure the thought of that will make you more happy with the transfer!

I agree. Plus no matter how well they regard him at Sheffield he was never any good for us. Sometimes you just have to cut your losses and when that happens, the sooner the better. It's just there's no proof there were any losses. As for the Levein situation I couldn't give a damn who's manager. I've praised Levein and criticised him over time but in the end it's only what happens to the team and therefore to the club that bothers me.

the difference is we never saw gilbert play when he was match fit, levein put him in KNOWING he was unfit, he played badly (for obvious reasons) and was never used again

I saw him in the Reserves as well. Who's fault was it he was unfit. I don't know. All I know is that he was awful in the first team and not impressive in the stiffs.

I saw him in the Reserves as well. Who's fault was it he was unfit. I don't know. All I know is that he was awful in the first team and not impressive in the stiffs.

did he not suffer an injury before we signed him

Why does Levein expect to be shown such faith, loyalty, trust and patience by the LCFC board and fans when he shows none of these things to a player whom he signed for the future!

I appreciate things may be going on behind the scenes, but it's all stacking up to be honest. Rumours of ill discipline, conflicts in the camp, players supposedly being shipped out... how many times can CL be given the benefit of the doubt.

Or all we all still buying the 'unlucky' stuff?

Cl might as well take our money and jus flush it down the fechin toilet! Poor management and a poor decision! At least get some money for him, if not some sort of agreement after a number of games or some sort of sell on clause! Eeediat!

Archived