Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Gilbert signs for Sheffield Wednesday

.. for an undisclosed fee

http://www.swfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~762607,00.html

A few Wednesday fans opinions

"He looks a class act at left-back to me."

"Very good player"

"Agreed, i rate him very highly. Good signing"

What a waste of money. He hardly got a run in the team despite our left back problems and now he's playing week in week out for a team that is now sitting above us in the league. Crazy.

I believe when we signed him it was for an "undisclosed fee" the club never actually released the figures. So how can it be classed an "Unbelievable piece of business" when the figures on both transfers have never actually been released?

People can slag Levein off as much as they want when they have the facts to hand but flogging the guy when you know absolutly nothing about the deals or what may have gone on at the club is over the top.

The money can go towards a new left beck or a half decent striker. Or maybe getting rid of Levein.... i'm sure the thought of that will make you more happy with the transfer!

I believe when we signed him it was for an "undisclosed fee" the club never actually released the figures. So how can it be classed an "Unbelievable piece of business" when the figures on both transfers have never actually been released?

People can slag Levein off as much as they want when they have the facts to hand but flogging the guy when you know absolutly nothing about the deals or what may have gone on at the club is over the top.

The money can go towards a new left beck or a half decent striker. Or maybe getting rid of Levein.... i'm sure the thought of that will make you more happy with the transfer!

According to the OS it was a fee of £200,000 that we paid. Doubt we'll get anywhere near that for him in return.

Of course we also do not know,if Levein as been instructed to move players out before he is allowed to move new ones in.I have the feeling that the board are not keen on giving him the funds he would dearly love.

yes babs , the money can go towards yet another levein signing.

nothing wrong with signing a player , barely playing him and then selling him while that position remains

unfilled. oh wait , didnt craig say that gilbert was our answer to that position , a proper defender.

:whistle:

yes babs , the money can go towards yet another levein signing.

nothing wrong with signing a player , barely playing him and then selling him while that position remains

unfilled. oh wait , didnt craig say that gilbert was our answer to that position , a proper defender.

:whistle:

Very true indeed.... I would say Leveins transfer record is about 50/50 at the minute so you do have a chance of them being ok though.

People are saying that Gilbert is playing well, but up until today Wednesday have been below us all season. I'm not so sure he has been doing that well!!!

We will see when we play them I suppose!

why didn't radio leicester ask either CL or TD about this? i never saw the bloke play for us, but sheff wed seem pretty happy with him.

today just gets better :rolleyes:

The times I saw him he looked pants to be honest.... but haven't most of the team this year. They have all had second chances.... or 25 in some cases!

The times I saw him he looked pants to be honest.... but haven't most of the team this year. They have all had second chances.... or 25 in some cases!

the difference is we never saw gilbert play when he was match fit, levein put him in KNOWING he was unfit, he played badly (for obvious reasons) and was never used again

haha, the club becomes more of a joke everyday

no smith or gudjonsson for sheff wed game, alls looking good

although mr levein

We are struggling a little bit at the moment
nothing more

nothing major

Gilbert always seemed a strange signing to me. Given we have a promising young left back in Sheehan and several others (Johansson, Maybury, Kisnorbo, Tiatto) who can play or at least provide cover then signing another young left back seemed weird and a waste. Personally I think Gilbert might end up being an ok player, its just we probably shouldnt have gone for him in the first place. Perhaps instead of signing all these players for the future it might have made some sense to buy a couple of players with some championship (and not just SPL) experience?

Anyway I assume thats a left back added to the transfer window shopping list, unless we're selling off a couple of players to fund a huge gamble on a striker :smile:

Anyway I assume thats a left back added to the transfer window shopping list, unless we're selling off a couple of players to fund a huge gamble on a striker :smile:

There's no need when we can just as well play people out of position there like Maybury and Johansson :unsure:

I'd be interested in what you would have all said if the headline had read Gilbert returns to the Foxes, after all most of you couldn't wait to see him go.

It's obvious that any rational thought re Levein has now disappeared out of the window, what ever he does you'll condemn him - he's damned if he does and he's damned if he doesn't - whatever it is.

I'd be interested in what you would have all said if the headline had read Gilbert returns to the Foxes, after all most of you couldn't wait to see him go.

It's obvious that any rational thought re Levein has now disappeared out of the window, what ever he does you'll condemn him - he's damned if he does and he's damned if he doesn't - whatever it is.

i was just typing something similar to that to be fair. I got a lot of questions asked when i and a couple of others stuck up for gilbert, yet now he is an unwelcomed release?

i hate using the word fickle ever since that chandler or whoever kept using it but still, it's true with too many

Archived