Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Craig

I'm Sorry...

How is it damaging the team? Should we tell them they are doing well and that poor results are acceptable?

No, but the problem is that if fans get on players' backs, particularly after they have only recently joined the club, it is likely to have an effect on their performances. For example, I'm convinced that De Vries' confidence was undermined by fans getting on his back from an early stage. The same seems to be true of players like Hammond and Kisnorbo. Added to this is that when other players (most of them recently acquired) see this happening to their team mates it is likely to make them panic for not wanting the same treatment. The same can be said of fans getting on the manager's back - it undermines confidence and is in effect a significant factor it what is our continuing downward spiral.

Put simply, a player is likely to have little heart for a club where from almost day one they are derided by the fans and the fans are on the back of the manager.

Fortunately, most of our fans seem to realise this but the problem is they often aren't the most vocal.

No, but the problem is that if fans get on players' backs, particularly after they have only recently joined the club, it is likely to have an effect on their performances. For example, I'm convinced that De Vries' confidence was undermined by fans getting on his back from an early stage. The same seems to be true of players like Hammond and Kisnorbo. Added to this is that when other players (most of them recently acquired) see this happening to their team mates it is likely to make them panic for not wanting the same treatment. The same can be said of fans getting on the manager's back - it undermines confidence and is in effect a significant factor it what is our continuing downward spiral.

Put simply, a player is likely to have little heart for a club where from almost day one they are derided by the fans and the fans are on the back of the manager.

Fortunately, most of our fans seem to realise this but the problem is they often aren't the most vocal.

Ok, so a player (i.e Stephen Hughes) joins the club, get lauded up what ever he does, now seems to think he's better than any player here and only put half the workrate required.

Ok, so a player (i.e Stephen Hughes) joins the club, get lauded up what ever he does, now seems to think he's better than any player here and only put half the workrate required.

This is also a good point. Im sure getting barrated by fans has had an effect on De Vries Hammond ect, as well as being lauded has probabley ( as well as injury ) had an effect on Hughes.

When it comes down to is it's the managers job to turn those players around, give them confidence, or bring them down a peg or two. It's not ours. If CL was doing his job properly he would be able to make each player perform to the best of their abilty most of the time.

This is also a good point. Im sure getting barrated by fans has had an effect on De Vries Hammond ect, as well as being lauded has probabley ( as well as injury ) had an effect on Hughes.

When it comes down to is it's the managers job to turn those players around, give them confidence, or bring them down a peg or two. It's not ours. If CL was doing his job properly he would be able to make each player perform to the best of their abilty most of the time.

:thumbup:

Good point but I think it's one of the most difficult jobs in management trying to improve a player's confidence. MON was/is probably one of the most successful at this. Take Heskey for example; he's a confidence player and it was only O'Neill that could get the best out of him. Houllier failed and so has Bruce.

For a manager, trying to raise the confidence of, what is effectively the whole team, is a monumental task and I'm afraid there are very few managers capable of doing this on a consistent basis.

Thing is Frenzied, that other PEOPLE do pay there hard earned money to watch Leicester and are entilted to voice there opinions weather its Levein out or not, You or anyone else telling someone to shut the fock up for voicing that opinion is out of order.

Thing is Frenzied, that other PEOPLE do pay there hard earned money to watch Leicester and are entilted to voice there opinions weather its Levein out or not, You or anyone else telling someone to shut the fock up for voicing that opinion is out of order.

But I didn't tell anyone to shut up - I said I felt like telling them to shut up.

Archived