Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Craig

I'm Sorry...

i dont think this present board could care less what the fans think.

the only time they would act would be if it was hurting them.

when oniell was here the marketing side was seen has being more important than the playing side and it caused a lot of friction at the club.

i doubt things have improved greatly.

The mistakes at boardroom level are often following the influence of fans. For example, the removal of good Leicester managers such as Bloomfield and Milne after campaigns by some of our fans is evidence of this.

Fortunately for us, the idiotic behaviour of some of our fans during the early part of O'Neill's tenure was ignored by the board.

By what criteria do you judge Bloomfield and Milne as "good Leicester managers"? During their time we underachieved massively in comparison with regional rivals such as Forest and Derby.

Also the board of the time did NOT ignore the views of the fans. It's well documented that if MON had not gained promotion that season, he'd have been out in the summer.

I used to respect your opinions before but the last few days I haven't agreed with a word you've said.

You partly blame the fans for our current predicament because they shouted "Levein Out"? That's absurd. What about Levein's role in this mess, after all he's the one getting paid to do the bloody job. Yes fans shouting 'Levein Out' may have a negative impact on the players - but I'd say Levein himself has done more damage to the team and the club than a thousand fans criticising Levein.

As for the fans being the reason for us not winning the League or FA Cup - what's that all about? Since when did the blind faith or ignorance of the fans have anything to do with winning trophies?

I hadn't read what you put before I posted my last comment but I think I explain that getting on the backs of players and management alike saps confidence is a part of our problems. Of course other aspects are involved, including Levein's and the players actions and decisions.

With respect to our under-acievement over the decades, I think I need to elaborate. The problem lies deeper than just our fans and is a part of the mentality of a significant number of Leicester people. I've lost count of the literally hundreds and hundreds of times that I've heard Leicester people, who aren't fans, say to me, "why do you want to watch that bloody crap?". This attitude comes out in the attitude and behavior of many of our fans. Added to this is the fact that the expectation of many fans is that we should automatically be successful - we're not a big club and patience is needed for us to be successful. There are reasons why Forest, Derby, Birmingham and Coventry have been more successful than us in terms of trophies. I for one think that is due to some of the points I've listed above.

By what criteria do you judge Bloomfield and Milne as "good Leicester managers"? During their time we underachieved massively in comparison with regional rivals such as Forest and Derby.

Also the board of the time did NOT ignore the views of the fans. It's well documented that if MON had not gained promotion that season, he'd have been out in the summer.

You prove my point then.

As for Bloomfield and Milne we were in the old Div one and with respect to the former played some of the best football the club has ever seen.

But what trophies did we win?

Here's a list of some of the teams that won major trophies during the period 1971-1986

Derby

Stoke

Wolves

Southampton

Ipswich

Forest (who also won 2 European Cups)

West Ham

Oxford (yes, OXFORD!)

Why is OUR name not among that list? We had the resources and the fan base to match any of the above clubs then, as indeed we do now.

As for Bloomfield, while his teams played occasionally like world-beaters, they also produced more than their fair share of cack. I know cos I saw it!

But what trophies did we win?

Here's a list of some of the teams that won major trophies during the period 1971-1986

Derby

Stoke

Wolves

Southampton

Ipswich

Forest (who also won 2 European Cups)

West Ham

Oxford (yes, OXFORD!)

Why is OUR name not among that list? We had the resources and the fan base to match any of the above clubs then, as indeed we do now.

As for Bloomfield, while his teams played occasionally like world-beaters, they also produced more than their fair share of cack. I know cos I saw it!

Our name isn't among that list because we got rid of successful managers such as Bloomfield and Milne as a partial result of pressure put on the board by a number of impatient fans. In the case of Bloomfield we had the disaster of McLintock - a fan's former favourite. It's similar to the idea that many fans have in wanting Walsh as manager.

I considered telling the couple of "Levein out" fools behind me to "shut the f**k up" but managed to control my anger. These people don't realise the kind of effect that can have on the players. It's partly the actions of these idiots that has led to our current predicament. It's a sad state of affairs that some Leicester fans are part of our under-achievement problems over the decades - it's the single consistent factor for why a club of our size has never won the league nor FA cup. Will they ever learn? I doubt it.

:thumbup: haha of dear

Any chance you could explain why you found it so funny; or do you lack the intelligence and maturity for reasoned debate?

Maybe beacuse it was bo llocks. Blaiming the supporters for the clubs lack of sucsess. Its a good job you did keep your mouth shut at palace because if someone had told me to 'shut the f**k up' beacuse i was airing my views i would of probably took my anger out on their hooter.

Everyone has their right to express their views. Who are you to tell people to shut up??

Maybe beacuse it was bo llocks. Blaiming the supporters for the clubs lack of sucsess. Its a good job you did keep your mouth shut at palace because if someone had told me to 'shut the f**k up' beacuse i was airing my views i would of probably took my anger out on their hooter.

Everyone has their right to express their views. Who are you to tell people to shut up??

Clearly you didn't read my post - I said they have to accept SOME responsibility.

Again you didn't read my post - I told no one to shut up, I considered it. And if I had, surely that would be me expressing my views. You can't have it both ways.

I'll ignore you thinly veiled threat, as you have the luxury of a computer screen to hide behind.

PS it's "have probably..." not of.

Clearly you didn't read my post - I said they have to accept SOME responsibility.

Again you didn't read my post - I told no one to shut up, I considered it. And if I had, surely that would be me expressing my views. You can't have it both ways.

I'll ignore you thinly veiled threat, as you have the luxury of a computer screen to hide behind.

PS it's "have probably..." not of.

Telling someone to shut up isn't expressing your veiws, it is rubishing someone else's

Archived