Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Craig

I'm Sorry...

But i'm going to have a real dig at some fans that were at selhurst today.

I want Levein out, many people want Levein out, many don't. But Arguing amongst ourselves is not the answer!!

I saw three instances of fans being abused for voicing their views, some pro levein, some anti.

It's just not good enough, we all support Leicester City, we all want what's best. Why argue? It's really quite embarassing and sad.

Reminds me of Adams final few games...

i didnt see that, mind you i was right at the front, and they guys singing levein out seemed to be at the top!!

I was at the front tooooooooo :thumbup::thumbup:

Was one bloke just behind me who was arguing, then in the concourse at H/T, then on the way out.

It's not surprising.

For decades there has been a school of thought, led by the local tabloid, which argues that Leicester managers should be treated like the Pope, ie their judgement should be accepted without question and that they should remain in their position for life, no matter how inept or inadequate they may prove to be.

It's therefore not surprising that a significant number of FOXES, including some on this forum, have absorbed those sentiments and will continue to cling to the belief that the manager will lift us out of the dire predicament into which he has placed us.

However there are also those of us who expect a slightly higher rate of return for the time, money, effort and emotion we put into following our club. We have a right to expect a better quality of football than what we have witnessed to date this season. If the present squad is incapable of giving this to us, we have every right to express our dissatisfaction with them and in particular with the person who brought them together.

On Sunday we play Spurs, a team with which we have had many close, hard-fought encounters of the years. Sadly the forthcoming match will not be an addition to that list. When the draw was made, many FOXES clung to the hope that we could give a good account of ourselves against one of the Premiership's leading lights. But events since that date have killed that hope except for the most optimistic diehards. If we can keep the margin of defeat to below three, it will be regarded as a relief. Is it any wonder that the Way is likely to be half-empty, even with 5000 visiting fans?

We survived Pleat and Taylor, and the divisions they wrought among fans, so dumping Levein might not be the terminal blow that some may appear to believe.

If we bring in someone who can restore confidence, passion and self-belief to our club, then the spirit of the fans may be strong enough to withstand even relegation.

Three years ago, Micky Adams literally brought this club back from the dead.

Surely there must be someone out there who can do a similar job now?

There were plenty at the back chanting for Levein's head - I was one of them.

That performance stopped a bit short of awful but we had absolutely no goalscoring threat at all. Toothless, toothless, toothless.

How long can this man be allowed to continue? He's not the freaking messiah, he's a beaten man. Get him out.

Some of the Levein Out chants seemed fairly loud from the back. Not sure if Levein would have heard them or seen the banners but the fact is, those wanting him out aren't going to be appeased by performances like that so the shouts will get louder and the banners more numerous.

Mercury should do a 'LEVEIN OUT' sign, like they did the 'STAY MARTIN' one.

As I've said before, the Mercury has NEVER backed ANY campaign to remove a manager, and it won't do so now.

Those of us who want him to leave will have to rely on our own efforts!

I considered telling the couple of "Levein out" fools behind me to "shut the f**k up" but managed to control my anger. These people don't realise the kind of effect that can have on the players. It's partly the actions of these idiots that has led to our current predicament. It's a sad state of affairs that some Leicester fans are part of our under-achievement problems over the decades - it's the single consistent factor for why a club of our size has never won the league nor FA cup. Will they ever learn? I doubt it.

read the mockerys reveiw of the norwich match.

the player ratings i found quite funny.

sylla=

not all of his tricks paid off this time , he got caught in possession too often but always looked likely to produce vital spark.

rab=

solid and safe yet again , he must have felt on the way to a clean sheet before the defensive slip that gave him no chance with the winning goal.

I considered telling the couple of "Levein out" fools behind me to "shut the f**k up" but managed to control my anger. These people don't realise the kind of effect that can have on the players. It's partly the actions of these idiots that has led to our current predicament. It's a sad state of affairs that some Leicester fans are part of our under-achievement problems over the decades - it's the single consistent factor for why a club of our size has never won the league nor FA cup. Will they ever learn? I doubt it.

That's simply not true.

The reasons behind our comparative underachievement have far more to do with mistakes at managerial or boardroom level.

Compare and contrast yesterday's display at Selhurst Park with the one made 10 years ago to the same venue.

Then, as now, many of the FOXES were on the manager's back following a string of dismal results, and let him know about it in no uncertain terms.

But this made him more determined to produce a result. And he managed to cajole, galavanise and motivate his players into producing a victory against the odds. The previously critical fans were persuaded to give him another chance, and the rest is history.

That manager of course was the great St Martin himself. But whereas he and his players rose to the challenges that faced them then, the present bunch buckle under the challenges today.

There's no spirit and creativity under the current regime. And I don't see who will provide it.

If I'd gone yesterday, I don't think I'd have been best pleased either!

there you go you see. frenzied has the answer to our problems :thumbup:

it isnt craig or the players.

its the fans who have from day one been wrecking citys chances of promotion , have in the past stopped us from winning FA cups and becomming a force in football.

sir , i salute you for a post that has brought a smile to my face :thumbup::whistle:

I used to respect your opinions before but the last few days I haven't agreed with a word you've said.

You partly blame the fans for our current predicament because they shouted "Levein Out"? That's absurd. What about Levein's role in this mess, after all he's the one getting paid to do the bloody job. Yes fans shouting 'Levein Out' may have a negative impact on the players - but I'd say Levein himself has done more damage to the team and the club than a thousand fans criticising Levein.

As for the fans being the reason for us not winning the League or FA Cup - what's that all about? Since when did the blind faith or ignorance of the fans have anything to do with winning trophies?

That's simply not true.

The reasons behind our comparative underachievement have far more to do with mistakes at managerial or boardroom level.

Compare and contrast yesterday's display at Selhurst Park with the one made 10 years ago to the same venue.

Then, as now, many of the FOXES were on the manager's back following a string of dismal results, and let him know about it in no uncertain terms.

But this made him more determined to produce a result. And he managed to cajole, galavanise and motivate his players into producing a victory against the odds. The previously critical fans were persuaded to give him another chance, and the rest is history.

That manager of course was the great St Martin himself. But whereas he and his players rose to the challenges that faced them then, the present bunch buckle under the challenges today.

There's no spirit and creativity under the current regime. And I don't see who will provide it.

If I'd gone yesterday, I don't think I'd have been best pleased either!

The mistakes at boardroom level are often following the influence of fans. For example, the removal of good Leicester managers such as Bloomfield and Milne after campaigns by some of our fans is evidence of this.

Fortunately for us, the idiotic behaviour of some of our fans during the early part of O'Neill's tenure was ignored by the board.

If you want to compare results against Palace, and I'm not mistaken we lost 4-1 in the FA cup against them under O'Neill. Levein's not an O'Neill and my belief in him is running low but the next month or so will tell us if he and the team have the spirit and ability to turn things around. Getting on the backs of players and management alike damages the team and undermines players' confidence. Therefore those that engage in such behaviour need to accept some responsibility for our current plight.

Archived