Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Teaser...

signing Fowler and Piper may well get the fans off Leveins back till after the Sheff Wed game

yeah true , would give the fans a lift and raise hopes again

Who would pay fowler's wages?. I think he would want lots and lots of cash!!

I think Man City would part pay his wages. I don't think we could pass up on Fowler if he is a viable option. He would give the place a lift and certainly boost morale. If he really gives it one last go, he could be dynamite. Similarly, he could be a big sack of bigh-headed poo, who storms out when he is dropped for De Vries. It's a hell of gamble, but one I would like to see happen.

I would hope though that we bring in another striker alongside Fowler in case things don't work out.

We'll probably end up with McDuff McDougal McNeil and McRubbish tho

:D:D:D

can't see this happening though aren't Fowler's wages so extortionate that Leeds are still contributing as part of the deal taking him to Man City in the first place?

Would be a great signing as someone said before just to lift the crowd a bit more than anything else.

yes Leeds are still paying a big part of his wages!!!!! :laugh:

all beacuse they had and idiot chairman who thought it would be great to offer him something stupid like £60000 per week! :doh:

Fowler's had an awful time with injuries for a good few years now, but started to show some form last season. Make no mistake about it, should the option of Robbie Fowler arise, we should take it with both hands. He is still one of the best finishers around, although he's lost a lot of pace. That doesn't really matter though. We need someone who just has that instinct in front of goal.

i know this won't be popular, but my north west contacts (my stockport supporting uncle) tell me that luke beckett was knocking them in for fun in stockports relegation from division 1 (as was) with no real chances being made for him. we are creating goal scoring chances for fun at the mo, he could be a cheap and cheerful alternative to fat boy fowler :ermm:

edit: thats if oldham don't want to much for him!

These premiership strikers we just cant afford, I mean;

Loan deal - yes

Wages - no

We just couldnt afford their wages as a club, and that is such a shame really because we need a big name, a recognised player, and also recognised manager too.

But sadly, we wouldnt be able to pay Fowler's £35,000 a week

The man's a legend and what's to lose in the scheme of things. Ric Flair's image of a pissed up Fowler cracking goals for fun while waddling round outside the area like a holidaymaker is the only thing that's cheered me up these last few miserable days.

Arthur Rowley scored loads of goals and he was more like a tank transporter than an athlete. Fowler would find chances in a convent and would still have the instincts to take em. :)

Did nothing at Leeds and even less for Man City. In fact he's done nothing since MacManAboy wibbled and wobbled his way to the Galacticos.

Nothing apart from a few threesomes and a cool £30 milion from his property portfolio...

A former prem ref who now officiates in the lower leagues has told me that sunderland are trying to loan out matty piper and we have first refusel. All i can say is that over the weekend he was speaking to somebody very close to pipes lets just say he's 50% responsible for why he is on gods green earth!!!

But is he not injured again??

Hello Wilcox.. I'm guessing your mate knows mark (Matty's Dad) through the lower league refereeing then? I've not seen him in a fair while, but he used to train the football team I played with. Would very much like to see Pipes back at leicester, and Levein was talking about bringing in a wide midfield player so it's not totally beyond possibility :)

Who would pay fowler's wages?. I think he would want lots and lots of cash!!

No way...Fowler has got more $$$$$$ than he knows what do with. I think that has been one of his main problems in motivating himself. Can you imagine being the richest player in the premiership with it not mattering if you get paid £1 or £100,000 a week and then having to play for a mid table team, with no real ambition?

If Fowler comes to us, it will have nothing to do with money. I think he might be up for a relegation battle and the simple thrill of hitting the back of the net and being worshipped again.

Archived