Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Teaser...

"Craig does have people working with him that know the English game you know, he`s been mentioned a few times in other threads but do you think Fowler would be worth a gamble ?"

From Mad Biker on another forum... is he teasing us or does he know something!!

"Craig does have people working with him that know the English game you know, he`s been mentioned a few times in other threads but do you think Fowler would be worth a gamble ?"

From Mad Biker on another forum... is he teasing us or does he know something!!

Wouldn't surprise me if we went for him. Levein and the club aren't stupid they know they need something big to win the crowd round even if it just buys time.

Fowler is the best finisher in the country but managers struggle to get the best out of him now his fitness is questionable. Could you honestly see Levein motivating Fowler? I can't see it myself, having said that I think Fowler could score 20 goals in this division even if he was pissed up and had the shits.

Better question: When was the last time Mad Biker was wrong????

The man's a legend and what's to lose in the scheme of things. Ric Flair's image of a pissed up Fowler cracking goals for fun while waddling round outside the area like a holidaymaker is the only thing that's cheered me up these last few miserable days.

Arthur Rowley scored loads of goals and he was more like a tank transporter than an athlete. Fowler would find chances in a convent and would still have the instincts to take em. :)

Have any Man City strikers been injured recently? If so then Fowler could well be the player Levein is trying to sign as he said in his pre-match interview against Palace that he was all set to sign someone but the team have someone injured and it's held things up or something to that effect.

Have any Man City strikers been injured recently? If so then Fowler could well be the player Levein is trying to sign as he said in his pre-match interview against Palace that he was all set to sign someone but the team have someone injured and it's held things up or something to that effect.

Made me think we'd been trying to get somebody from Newcastle. Only striker I can remember getting injured at the weekend was Michael Owen. Could've been trying to get Ameobi/Chopra. Is Chopra still at Newcastle? Dunno

I'm really not sure about Fowler, on a good day he can be a good finisher but on a bad day...

Also, he's not the kind of signing that I think CL would make. It would totally go against his ethos of building for the future.

Made me think we'd been trying to get somebody from Newcastle. Only striker I can remember getting injured at the weekend was Michael Owen. Could've been trying to get Ameobi/Chopra. Is Chopra still at Newcastle? Dunno

could be...

Or looking at it in depth maybe he's not been allowed any funds so had to make up an excuse? :D

I'm really not sure about Fowler, on a good day he can be a good finisher but on a bad day...

Also, he's not the kind of signing that I think CL would make. It would totally go against his ethos of building for the future.

He's a tried and tested goalscorer with boundful confidence. He'd score hatfulls in the first division, mate. I'm not saying he'd be a bad signing - he'd be good, I jut can't see it.

I reckon he'd be a good signing and as SosbanFach said, he's a player that brims with confidence - exactly what we need at the moment. A player like that would give both the fans and other team members a lift. And at 30 he's still got a good few years left in him.

He's a tried and tested goalscorer with boundful confidence. He'd score hatfulls in the first division, mate. I'm not saying he'd be a bad signing - he'd be good, I jut can't see it.

On a good day yes, but, Fowler's problem was that he could never reproduce this on a consistent basis, it was always his downfall.

I just don't see Fowler fitting into LCFC nor do I think he'll want to come here.

A former prem ref who now officiates in the lower leagues has told me that sunderland are trying to loan out matty piper and we have first refusel. All i can say is that over the weekend he was speaking to somebody very close to pipes lets just say he's 50% responsible for why he is on gods green earth!!!

But is he not injured again??

A former prem ref who now officiates in the lower leagues has told me that sunderland are trying to loan out matty piper and we have first refusel. All i can say is that over the weekend he was speaking to somebody very close to pipes lets just say he's 50% responsible for why he is on gods green earth!!!

But is he not injured again??

The poor lad only went to help us out, he so didnt want to go. Come back Pipes!

The poor lad only went to help us out, he so didnt want to go. Come back Pipes!

I'd love to see Matt Piper back at City... imagine Smith down the left, Piper down the right.

Big problem though is his fitness, we can't afford to gamble on bringing in a player that's never going to be fit to play. Is it a gamble that CL will take given that we've already had another right-sided midfield player (forgot his name) in for trials recently?

Archived