Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester Lass

Wesolowski

I don't want to put a damper on this (which is clearly great news) but is Wesolowski going to save us when he comes back? More then that will he even make the first team straight away? Before he broke his leg I gathered (and from what I saw) that he is a fantastic talent and will be great for us next year, using this year as an introduction into the team...working him in slowly. We've got to be careful not to put too much pressure on young players as our saviours.

Good to see he's on his way back! But even more encouraging is how all our star youngsters were involved in the goals. Dodds with a 20 yard volley?! Would've loved to have seen that... maybe a place on the bench tomorrow And Porter scoring with Chambers assisting from a corner... At least we know the youths are going in the right direction!

I don't want to put a damper on this (which is clearly great news) but is Wesolowski going to save us when he comes back? More then that will he even make the first team straight away? Before he broke his leg I gathered (and from what I saw) that he is a fantastic talent and will be great for us next year, using this year as an introduction into the team...working him in slowly. We've got to be careful not to put too much pressure on young players as our saviours.

Wesolowski won't 'save us' on his own but he'll bring energy to the side which will hopefully lift the players on the pitch with him. I don't think he'll make the first team straight away but if Williams leaves at some point in January, as has been rumoured, then his chances of getting a game will be greatly increased. I think he'll be a useful player to have on the bench to bring on if our tempo drops. Hughesy hasn't looked anything like he did last season due to injuries he's had and Kisnorbo came with a knee problem and now has a hamstring worry so I feel Wesolowski will be a useful member of the first team squad.

I dont think we'll see him for a month at the minimum.

We dont want too rush him into it , but with Williams or Joey rumoured to be leaving this month , CL might not have a choice and Wesolowski might have too be chucked in the deepend.

Smith Williams Wesolowski Hughes :thumbup:

Good to see he's on his way back! But even more encouraging is how all our star youngsters were involved in the goals. Dodds with a 20 yard volley?! Would've loved to have seen that... maybe a place on the bench tomorrow And Porter scoring with Chambers assisting from a corner... At least we know the youths are going in the right direction!

Chambers wasnt on when porter scored

I think Adidas means whoever wrote the report is wrong. I presume Adidas was either at the game watching or at the game playing and so knows that the report's wrong.

Ooooh snooping around so they can try and sponsor one of our future stars!! :D

James Wesolowski took another major step on his road to recovery when he played the final 25 minutes of City's 3-2 under 18 victory at Watford on Saturday.

The 18-year-old Australian midfielder broke his leg during a pre-season friendly against Celtic in July when it looked like a place in the first team squad was on the cards for the youngster.

But after intensive work in the treatment room Wesolowski is now back on the pitch again - albeit for the Academy side at the time being.

Goals from Louis Dodds, Levi Porter and Scott Lycett sealed the points for the Foxes on the day, who had gone into the game looking to banish any memories of last month's FA Youth Cup defeat at the hands of Huddersfield.

Academy Director Jon Rudkin said: "James' comeback capped a great day for us. At times we played some of the best football of the season to date and it was pleasing to see the lads bounce back after their cup defeat.

"Louis Dodds has hit a fantastic volley from around 20 yards to give us the lead. It really was an outstanding goal.

"Watford then got a goal back, before Levi gave us the lead going into the break with a close range finish.

"We knew Watford would be physical and they muscled their way back to 2-2, but after the introduction of Wesolowski we managed to grab the winner from a set piece - Scott Lycett getting on the end of an Ashley Chambers corner."

City: Pentley, Magunda, Lycett, Norval, Franklin (Mattock), Gradel, King, Wykes (Chambers), Muggleton (Wesolowski), Porter, Dodds.

lcfc.com

Archived