Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Fan

Spurs match analysis and ratings

Hammond impressed me no end with his strength last night, I never really noticed how much strength he actually has to go with his speed.

I may be wrong, but I think I would put him with the better signings that Levein has made now.

Extract from the mercury's ratings:

Hamill - Did well enough early on but was withdrawn as City went to a more familiar 4-4-2 just after the first goal.

Did well enough? What game were they watching? He hardly touched the ball!!!!

Hammond impressed me no end with his strength last night, I never really noticed how much strength he actually has to go with his speed.

I may be wrong, but I think I would put him with the better signings that Levein has made now.

I dunno about that, but he and de Vries certainly put the effort required in last night.

Elvis needs to start scoring more goals.

The last few times I've seen Hammond he has impressed me - he's got the speed, but he's also got strength and determination, he won't let the defenders have an easy ride. He's not got that killer instinct when it comes to shooting but he gives his all and he'll give the opposing defences different problems to our other strikers.

He still needs to improve his positional play and movement at times but he's a useful player to have in this league.

The last few times I've seen Hammond he has impressed me - he's got the speed, but he's also got strength and determination, he won't let the defenders have an easy ride. He's not got that killer instinct when it comes to shooting but he gives his all and he'll give the opposing defences different problems to our other strikers.

He still needs to improve his positional play and movement at times but he's a useful player to have in this league.

He might be used as a right winger more now?

He might be used as a right winger more now?

I'd like to see that to be honest. He puts the effort in and can run at people well enough. Strength and pace is obviously there.

Certainly something I would be looking at, especially with Sylla off in Africa.

Archived