Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Palace Man

Hughes to Palace for 250k?

I honestly don't know why you all rate him so highly. He is too weak. I take the money and get a centre back in Williams and Gudjonsson and Wes are all better players. You are kidding yourselves if you think we are gonna get more for him than that.

he is potentially our best player.

I honestly don't know why you all rate him so highly. He is too weak. I take the money and get a centre back in Williams and Gudjonsson and Wes are all better players. You are kidding yourselves if you think we are gonna get more for him than that.

I wonder if he'd beat Joey in an arm wrestle?

That is a good question!

Come on though! He's not even fully fit and he ran the show! He is a bit lightweight though

Totally agree with that assessment of Hughes. He's been either injured or playing while recovering from an injury ever since he came here.

IMO, we really haven't seen anywhere near the best he can produce, if he can get a good run of games together, get his fitness and sharpness back together I think we'll see him shine.

YES, i agree with that. hes certainly showed pottential, and we have loads of that with several players, even deep freeze.

I'm not talking about his worth, i'm talking about what we would sell him for. We would just not sell him for 250k it wouldn't be worth it.

What some people seem to forget was how well Hughes played towards the end of last season. He's had his injury problems this season, and has never been in a position to show his true form because of numerous setbacks along the way. I don't think he was brilliant against Spurs, but that was his best performance of the season. His showed in patches that he's a quality player at our level, and he can only get better with further games.

What some people seem to forget was how well Hughes played towards the end of last season. He's had his injury problems this season, and has never been in a position to show his true form because of numerous setbacks along the way. I don't think he was brilliant against Spurs, but that was his best performance of the season. His showed in patches that he's a quality player at our level, and he can only get better with further games.

AGREED

there are a few of our current crop(and one on loan!) that just look VERY "classy" on the ball going forward, the few decent touches that Hughesy had were better than most players on the park..

I think if he has a decent run, people will be thrusting greatness on his shoulders a la Mustafa.

:)

Hughes was our best player in the closing months of last season, even at right wing. He's had major injury problems this season and selling him for £250k is pointless unless Levein feels the lad is going to be injured for the whole of his career.

At 22/23 he's still got many years ahead of him to become the player his talent should allow him to be. I think he's over his injury problems now (touch wood) and he'll get better and better as the season goes on.

I know we have been very inconsistent this season and one win doesn't change anything but with Hughes, Wesolowski and Fryatt all coming in to the fold we should be at our strongest since the season started and therefore we have our best chance yet of making a move up the table. We have too many good players for us to go down, but with the wrong attitude we will do. Get the attitude right and the quality will come through, Hughes will be one of them.

Archived