Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Strokes

Weso could feature tonight

Well at least he came on at half time :)

Thracian may have went, hopefully he'll be able to report back

I don't think he would have gone to the Palace :)

From the OS:

Wesolowki Features In Win

James Wesolowski continued on the comeback trail as Leicester's reserve side kicked off 2006 in fine style with a 3-2 victory over Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park.

The Australian midfielder had completed his first action on the pitch since breaking his leg in the summer for the under 18s last Saturday.

And Wesolowski would get a further 45 minutes under his belt as the second string recorded their third win of the campaign to date.

The Foxes raced into a 3-1 lead with goals from Chris O'Grady (2) and Max Gradel, and although Palace got one back as the game came to a close Leicester were always in control.

Coach Kenny Black said: "It was a great performance from the lads and we are very pleased to have secured the victory following on from the success of the first team against Spurs on Sunday.

"It was also good to see young James Wesolowski continuing his comeback from injury. He was understandably rusty for the first 10 minutes after he came on, but he soon got going and was his usual competitive self.

"Chris O'Grady had a great chance to complete a hat-trick in the second half which would have made it 4-1, but we slackened off ever so slightly and allowed Palace to get a goal back.

"But in all fairness we never looked in any danger and the lads can take great credit from the way that they played."

City: Henderson, Magunda, Norval, Sheehan, Mattock, Gradel (Chambers 75), King, Porter, Muggleton (Wesolowski 46), O'Grady, Dodds

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~767097,00.html

O'Grady sounds like he's sharp at the moment, I wonder if he'll get any chances in the first team here or if we'll be loaning him out again.. A couple more reserve games and maybe Weso will be ready to sit on the bench.

Coach Kenny Black said: "It was also good to see young James Wesolowski continuing his comeback from injury. He was understandably rusty for the first 10 minutes after he came on, but he soon got going and was his usual competitive self.

Oh that is music to my ears :) I think hes looking good for a bench place v southampton.

In his interview on World CL says that Weso still has a limp but that that's psychological rather than physical. He says he should be back for selection in early Feb.

Excellent news! Although I had perhaps hoped he'd be available abit sooner, but broken shin's aren't a minor injury.

Archived