Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Strokes

Weso could feature tonight

A young Leicester City squad will travel to Selhurst Park to take on Crystal Palace in the FA Premier Reserve League South on Wednesday night (7pm).

Paul Henderson, Alan Sheehan and Chris O'Grady have been named in the starting line up to take on the Eagles, while 18-year-old midfielder James Wesolowski, who is on the comeback trail after breaking his leg in pre-season, takes up a place on the bench.

The Leicester second string go into the match looking to make amends for their 5-0 defeat at the hands of Charlton at Hinckley FC last month - the Addicks naming a number of international stars in their side on that occasion.

City lost the corresponding fixture 2-0 earlier in the season - with Iain Hume making his first appearance in a City shirt on that night.

City: Henderson, Magunda, Mattock, King, Norval, Sheehan, Gradel, Dodds, O'Grady, Porter, Muggleton.

Subs: Wesolowski, Cisak, Wykes, Chambers, Lycett.

From O/S

City: Henderson, Magunda, Mattock, King, Norval, Sheehan, Gradel, Dodds, O'Grady, Porter, Muggleton.

He must be a couple of weeks away if hes on the bench again. He might play the second 45mins though, which would be an improvement. Having said that, his last appearence was at youth level.

He must be a couple of weeks away if hes on the bench again. He might play the second 45mins though, which would be an improvement. Having said that, his last appearence was at youth level.

I suppose they don't want to throw him straight in at the deep end. I think realistically he will be ready for the first team by the end of the month barring any set backs.

Perhaps the FA Cup 4th Round tie against Southampton. Would be nice!

Perhaps the FA Cup 4th Round tie against Southampton. Would be nice!

I was just thinking it be better if it was a low tempo game, but if you look, there isnt any. Brighton away you might think, but its away, and a six pointer. Southampton does seem like the likely game.

I don't understand peoples reaction to this lad. Yes, he might have looked quite good in pre-season, but he was playing in friendlies. I really wish a lot of people would stop going on about him being the saviour of our season. What if he plays a couple of times and he isn't as good in the league as he was in a couple of friendlies, is he gonna get boo'd by the same people who held so much expectation from him. He's young he might be good for his age and hopefully become a great player for this club, but I can't see it this season.

I don't understand peoples reaction to this lad. Yes, he might have looked quite good in pre-season, but he was playing in friendlies. I really wish a lot of people would stop going on about him being the saviour of our season. What if he plays a couple of times and he isn't as good in the league as he was in a couple of friendlies, is he gonna get boo'd by the same people who held so much expectation from him. He's young he might be good for his age and hopefully become a great player for this club, but I can't see it this season.

Not me mate, i've been watching this lad for 4 years in youth and reserve game and have always known how good he was going to be. The lad was and is the hottest property to have come out of Australia since Kewell and we beat a host of MASSIVE clubs to signing him courtesy of Alan Hill our then academy director.

Until I am proven wrong, James Wesolowski will be our best player within 18 months. Unless he's sold.

what are his strong points then?

From what I have seen he hasn't any weaknesses but i'm sure he'll have aspects of his game he'll want to improve on.

His tackling, passing and physical strength are technically brilliant. He can play the box to box type midfielder just aswell as the defensive midfielder and he's no slouch going forward. I've seen him score some great goals and he's also not bad at right wing or right back.

He's honestly that good. Alot was made of Stearman before he broke through and he's lived up to his billing so far. Wesolowski will aswell.

He is so physically advanced for his age and mentally, there's nothing that fazes him.

He is as good as I say he is, Mr C has seen him as much as me and he'll agree.

what are his strong points then?

Hes got good ball control. His awareness of others is very good. Hes got drive and desire to attack, and thats just what i saw v kettering and celtic. Hes more of a front midfielder, rather than a holding player, but he can tackle well too.

I take it this Alan hill has left leicester then??

Is he responsible for the Chambers Stearman and Sheehans as well??

Is the Acadamy still producing? Can we see more players coming through in the next 3-4 years?

For a club of our size and financial clout, this is one area we need to excell in

I take it this Alan hill has left leicester then??

Is he responsible for the Chambers Stearman and Sheehans as well??

Is the Acadamy still producing? Can we see more players coming through in the next 3-4 years?

For a club of our size and financial clout, this is one area we need to excell in

Hill left when we went in to administration so he was responsible for recruiting Petrescu, Wesolowski, O'Grady, Sheehan, Dawson and possibly Stearman and Chambers. I'm not sure whether i've read that Stearman and Chambers have been here for about 7 or 8 years which would mean they were here before Hill I think.

Levein has said that he was going to make sure the academy produced 3 or 4 players worthy of first team football each season within 3 years and wanted the club to be first in the que for all the talented youngsters within the midlands. Whether he is doing that i'm not sure, but after Wesolowski, Sheehan and Chambers there's only 1 or 2 that i've seen who I think could make it and that's Joe Mattocks (left winger) and perhaps either Louis Dodds or James Graham depending on whether they get a chance as they are about 18/19 now.

Levein has said that he was going to make sure the academy produced 3 or 4 players worthy of first team football each season within 3 years and wanted the club to be first in the que for all the talented youngsters within the midlands.

Thats a bold statement of him if he means above villa and birmingham, or did he mean the east mids do you think?

after Wesolowski, Sheehan and Chambers there's only 1 or 2 that i've seen who I think could make it and that's Joe Mattocks (left winger)

Has he got good ball control?

Thats a bold statement of him if he means above villa and birmingham, or did he mean the east mids do you think?

Has he got good ball control?

Mattocks looked quick and strong and easily beats players, did it against Chelsea with some fancy touches. He's only 16, but definately one to watch.

A young Leicester City squad will travel to Selhurst Park to take on Crystal Palace in the FA Premier Reserve League South on Wednesday night (7pm).

Paul Henderson, Alan Sheehan and Chris O'Grady have been named in the starting line up to take on the Eagles, while 18-year-old midfielder James Wesolowski, who is on the comeback trail after breaking his leg in pre-season, takes up a place on the bench.

The Leicester second string go into the match looking to make amends for their 5-0 defeat at the hands of Charlton at Hinckley FC last month - the Addicks naming a number of international stars in their side on that occasion.

City lost the corresponding fixture 2-0 earlier in the season - with Iain Hume making his first appearance in a City shirt on that night.

From O/S

I thought Porter was at Dundee?? :blink::huh:

Is there any reason why Chambers is only on the bench?

He and O'Grady have both seen a bit of action for the first team this season, although admittedly not much. I know we have a few strikers now, but who is the better prospect?

What about Dodds?

Or Doddsy as I've decided he should henceforth be known.

Is there any reason why Chambers is only on the bench?

He and O'Grady have both seen a bit of action for the first team this season, although admittedly not much. I know we have a few strikers now, but who is the better prospect?

What about Dodds?

Or Doddsy as I've decided he should henceforth be known.

i bet dodds is well pissed off at chambers getting a change with the first team, though granted that was a publicity stunt by levein to get people talking about something else and to say that he wants time as he has players coming through.

give dodds a chance.

i bet dodds is well pissed off at chambers getting a change with the first team, though granted that was a publicity stunt by levein to get people talking about something else and to say that he wants time as he has players coming through.

give dodds a chance.

Why?? Chambers is class and im sure he would be one of many to congratulate Cchambers on this. I think at the Blackpool game Dodds(y) was injured (not to say Chambers still wouldn't have got the call) Everyone deserves there chance.

http://www.cpfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Squad...0.html?ptvParm=

Crystal Palace 2-3 Leicester :thumbup:

Despite a spirited display Palace's losing run continued and it is now six games without a win for Kit Symons' side.

Symons had three first team players at his disposal for the visit of the Foxes. Aki Riihilahti started as he continued his comeback from a calf injury while Julian Speroni and Tommy Black also started.

The visitors started the game brightly and had the first chance on goal in the seventh minute. A corner from the right was floated to the far post and but midfielder Ricky Muggleton's header floated harmlessly over.

Palace had been warned and a few minutes later and Max Gradel flashed a shot wide from an acute angle before Louis Dodds did likewise after 12 minutes.

As the half progressed Palace started to get a foothold in the game and in the 18th minute they took the lead. Ryan Hall won the ball in midfield before slotting through a perfect ball for Tommy Black who guided a neat finish past Aussie goalkeeper Paul Henderson.

Leicester rallied and equalised after 26 minutes through Chris O'Grady. The youngster found space on the right-hand side and sped into the box before firing across Speroni into the far corner.

Apart from a long range shot from England youth international Levi Porter there was no goalmouth action until the 54th minute when Gradel beat Speroni from 30-yards with a fabulous strike to give the Foxes the lead.

Palace desperately tried to get back into the game but Leicester continued to surge forward and scored a third after a defensive mix up. The Palace defence failed to clear the ball and O'Grady was on hand to side foot in from about 10 yards.

Tyrone Berry had a shot deflected wide after a good run and then placed a header straight at keeper Henderson as Palace chased a route back into the game. However, it was Leicester who looked the more threatening as the impressive Porter crossed for O'Grady at the far post but instead of sealing his hat-trick he somehow hit the advertising boards from just a few yards out.

In the 72nd minute Palace substitute Tom Welch had a header cleared off the line and a few minutes later fellow replacement Eero Peltonen shot straight at Henderson when well placed.

Palace dominated the game for the final 15 minutes and grabbed a lifeline thanks to Hall's calm finish after a Grabban cross caused havoc in the Leicester penalty area. Unfortunately the Eagles could not find another goal to end their losing run, although Berry was inches away from connecting with a Grabban header in the final minute of injury time.

Palace: Speroni; Fray, Wilson, Straker, Wiggins; Berry, Spence, Riihilahti (Welch 67), R Hall; Grabban, Black (Peltonen 67).

Subs not used: Banks, Starkey, J Hughes.

Leicester City: Henderson; Magunda, Norval, Sheehan; Gradel (Chambers 73), Dodds, King, Muggleton (Wesolowski h-t); O'Grady, Porter.

Subs not used: Cisak, Wykes, Lycett.

Max Gradel's goal sounds a cracker.

Archived