Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
smallen

Smith for U21'S

Ryan smith is talented young player and should in a few months be called upto the England U21'S. he destroyed the tottenham defence and was a massive influence. his swirving and dipping cross put us back into the game. he deserves a chance to show himself to the world for them to see what real footballing qualities he has got. peter taylor has got a dilemma on his hands and should call the youngster up for hs debut in a few months.

Except neither defend so our full-backs would be horribly exposed

They'll learn with experience and guidance. You can play wingers like that, providing that they have two battlers to win the ball in midfield. However, as for Smith, I think there's been an over reaction to his lack of tracking back. He's not as bad some make out. Granted, he doesn't support the full back as much as Hamill for example, but it doesn't matter who we play on the left, that full back position has been a problem position all season.

Ryan Smith is on loan from Arsenal - do you think they are stupid enough to release him??

Back on topic, Smith for the u21's makes a lot of sense IMO

Who knows - they did release Upson!

Anyway, about the U21s Smith will probably face competition from Kieran Richardson for a spot on the left. Stuart Downing should be back from injury sometime soon - not sure if he's still 21 though!

Other than that, I can't think of any other young English left wingers.

Who knows - they did release Upson!

Anyway, about the U21s Smith will probably face competition from Kieran Richardson for a spot on the left. Stuart Downing should be back from injury sometime soon - not sure if he's still 21 though!

Other than that, I can't think of any other young English left wingers.

Sold.

Joe Cole learned to defend I guess. Aaron Lennon may just be TOO small though.

i think lennon can go far. lennon making the world cup squad may be a good outside bet. his pace late in the game could be a good impact substituiton.

Archived