Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shipman Out

Levein as manager problems in future

Even if Davies decides to keep Levein and we manage to stay up, the future will remain GREY.

Look to Sunderland, they won the Championship playing negative football, winning every week mind but by 1-0. Wigan and West Ham went up playing attacking pressing powerfull football.

This positive attitude has carried on into the Premiership and served them well, whilst Sunderland sit on 6 POINTS having won the championship.

Can you imagine what Levein would do if he managed Leicester in the Premiership! Boring shut up shop, we will have no hope against that quality.

Obviously we wont be going up but even if we did under Levein we are DOOMED.

Even if Davies decides to keep Levein and we manage to stay up, the future will remain GREY.

Look to Sunderland, they won the Championship playing negative football, winning every week mind but by 1-0. Wigan and West Ham went up playing attacking pressing powerfull football.

This positive attitude has carried on into the Premiership and served them well, whilst Sunderland sit on 6 POINTS having won the championship.

Can you imagine what Levein would do if he managed Leicester in the Premiership! Boring shut up shop, we will have no hope against that quality.

I think you've been looking away when we've played Premier League oppo with Levein in charge :whistle: Strangely enough our boys seem to be better suited to Prem football than Championship...

I think you've been looking away when we've played Premier League oppo with Levein in charge :whistle: Strangely enough our boys seem to be better suited to Prem football than Championship...

We started every game 4-5-1 and i was at Blackburn and we went out with a wimper, i was there my first doubts about Levein came when i heard his post match interview, he was happy with the performance!

Charlton was a good performance, Spurs was when he changed it.

Levein's style of play leaves me with no hope for our future even if we weren't in trouble.

Anyone can win a one off cup tie

I disagree, the prem is more defensive tactically and more successful teams have possesion and passing which is what craig is trying to do here, his problem is the championship doesnt work like that and requires more direct football. Our team does well against premiership teams.

Why is it that just because we've played 4-5-1 a few times everyone seems to think CL has the team playing 'negative' football? The only time we've started with a 4-5-1 has been against tough opposition - Charlton, Blackburn, Wolves, Reading and Spurs if I remember correctly.

Given that I can count the numbers of times we've played this formation on one hand it's hardly accurate to say that it's indicative of the season as a whole. The vast majority of games I've watched we've played 4-4-2 and have continued to attack for the majority of the game.

Playing attacking football will keep you in the premier league. hmm. Remind who scored more away goals then Manchester United and still got relegated a couple of seasons ago.

I do agree with you in sorts but it's not as cut and dry as that. Everton managed a champions league spot by just grinding out reasults.

Why is it that just because we've played 4-5-1 a few times everyone seems to think CL has the team playing 'negative' football? The only time we've started with a 4-5-1 has been against tough opposition - Charlton, Blackburn, Wolves, Reading and Spurs if I remember correctly.

Given that I can count the numbers of times we've played this formation on one hand it's hardly accurate to say that it's indicative of the season as a whole. The vast majority of games I've watched we've played 4-4-2 and have continued to attack for the majority of the game.

Very true Chimp. I can't see why so many people keep getting so hung up about systems. You can play any system you like but if the players don't perform you'll still lose.

There's no doubt it would be an improvement if he played ANY system effectively.

But, in the end I don't see his general approach, either tactically or communicatively, as being what's wanted at Leicester.

I suppose CL can be criticised for playing 'defensively minded' players (e.g. Kisnorbo and Maybury) in positions where a player with a more attacking mideset (i.e. Williams and Sheehan) would offer us more options going forward.

good call, we do have the players to play good, attacking football

We have the players but not the manager!

When he has LET his team play attacking and free football it has worked, (sheff utd) we make way to many mistakes to be a shut out team. Ive been to far to many away games this season where nothing positive happens at all.

The team is reflecting the manager grey, dull, un inspiring and ugly.

Archived