Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dandannieldanok

Phil Parkinson

He does indeed have an impressive record at the U's, whose current league position is the highest in their history.

They also won at Bramall Lane recently, something else that CL has failed to do.

But it speaks volumes about how dire we have been, when it's quite possible he may have to drop a division to join us!

Get Phil Parkinson of Colchester in as new gaffer now!

He deserves a chance in this league though it looks like he is already in a promotion race!

Colchester play exiting and a passionate style of football under Parkinson and have recently beat forest at home!

Levien cannot boast this yet! parkinson-phil.jpg

Having said that he's just signed Tony Thorpe. So i'll pass.

So the scenario is, we've sacked our manager because we're in desperate fear of relegation and are sure that he can't turn it around. To save us we spend money bringing in a manager who will not only have to cope with a new squad, massively low on confidence, trained with different tactics, new training ground, possibly new back room staff, maybe moving house, but who also has no Championship experience.

:huh:

So the scenario is, we've sacked our manager because we're in desperate fear of relegation and are sure that he can't turn it around. To save us we spend money bringing in a manager who will not only have to cope with a new squad, massively low on confidence, trained with different tactics, new training ground, possibly new back room staff, maybe moving house, but who also has no Championship experience.

If Levein goes then , Who would you want in?

My first choice is Martin Allen , good managers adapt to there surroundings.

I keep seeing Bassett's name floating around , it makes me want to puke :cry:

But he has played and coached at this level.

He also took over at Colchester when they looked likely for the drop, and took them to safety.

His man-management skills are obviously a lot better than Levein's. I'd feel more confident about our survival prospects if he was in charge.

But at the moment, that scenario is completely hypothetical! :(

How I feel about the whole situation at the moment. New manager or not I think its going to be a hard few months. Levein showns no signs of turning it around and any new manager will need at least a small amount of time to change our fortunes. Somthing we don't have the luxery of giving them.

If Levein goes it will be because we are in serious danger of going down, therefore I'd want the best manager we could get (on a possibly limited budget) who has a decent record, managed in the Championship and is a good motivator. Do I have any particular names? No. Other than Basset and maybe some people now working as pundits. As I don't want Levein out I don't feel under any particular pressure to come up with names :P A lower league manager is a nice idea but if we're in such serious trouble that we've sacked Levein I wouldn't feel comfortable with someone with no experience at this level...sure they could get lucky, but then so could Dublin or Walsh and they'd be cheaper.

I'd want the best manager we could get (on a possibly limited budget) who has a decent record, managed in the Championship and is a good motivator.

how does craig fit in then?

his only record in the championship is with us and it doesnt make pretty reading.

the fact that the players are up for cup glamour games like spurs and not for the league shows us his motivational skills. ;)

how does craig fit in then?

his only record in the championship is with us and it doesnt make pretty reading.

the fact that the players are up for cup glamour games like spurs and not for the league shows us his motivational skills. ;)

I kinda feel like I've already answered that, but ok... He fits in because there is no point in changing like for like and spending money doing it, it will just put us in an even worse position thant we're in now (as the new manager with have to contend with a new squad and all the other problems mentioned previously). There is no reason to do it.... Apart from the fact that you don't like him.

I kinda feel like I've already answered that, but ok... He fits in because there is no point in changing like for like and spending money doing it, it will just put us in an even worse position thant we're in now (as the new manager with have to contend with a new squad and all the other problems mentioned previously). There is no reason to do it.... Apart from the fact that you don't like him.

Well the reason is he cant motivate the players, doesnt know his best 11, has fallen out with a number of first teamers, we are in our lowest league position for 14 years, we have a 0.25 pts avg for last 8 games, have won 1 away game all year, havent won 2 games on the bounce all year, he blames everyone except himself.

A bit more then a "I dont like him" I'm afraid.

I’m not so sure. From what I’ve heard from friends who work at the club, is that a majority of the players don’t like Levein (nothing new there) so the knock on affect would be your not going to give your boss 100% ,whether that’s the right or wrong attitude, it’s still human nature. Now if the New Man comes in ( I hope soon) and hit’s it off with the squad from day one and treats them with a bit of respect, (something C L isn’t doing, just look at Hume, reportedly has a barny with C L and oooo look I don’t seem to be playing very much) then we may start to see better performances from the off, also whoever the new man is will not be suffering from the “You’re my blue eyed boy(s) from Scotland syndrome†so the likes of Kis’useless’ Douglas etc hopefully will be dropped, yet another plus, I have always said the players we have in the squad if correctly picked, motivated, and given correct tactical instruction are a match for any team in the division and I don’t see why we can’t get ourselves out of the mess we are in and pretty quickly.

as we need points, if CL & his team don't earn any in the next 4 matches, we should get rid. Any manager (even Kermit the Frog) always has a honeymoon period and any points would be a blessing. However, knowing our luck, Kermit would still play Kisnobbo, Cilla & Hamshite.

The Board just got it wrong recruiting CL - he never delivers. I agree that ideally we'd get someone experienced but the thought of Bassett only pisses me off more! Someone hungry like Allen, etc would help to restore some pride at this club

as we need points, if CL & his team don't earn any in the next 4 matches, we should get rid. Any manager (even Kermit the Frog) always has a honeymoon period and any points would be a blessing. However, knowing our luck, Kermit would still play Kisnobbo, Cilla & Hamshite.

The Board just got it wrong recruiting CL - he never delivers. I agree that ideally we'd get someone experienced but the thought of Bassett only pisses me off more! Someone hungry like Allen, etc would help to restore some pride at this club

Personally I think we need a respected and experienced manager, someone who is ‘nearing’ the twilight of his career, who will come to Leicester, and we can get on a 2 year contract with a view to an extension if all goes well ( CL was only on a 3 ½ so 2 years isn’t too bad)

Up and coming managers are well and good bit an experience manager with tactical sense and motivational skills is needed to do the most important thing, KEEP US UP, let him do that , give us some much needed stability and then look at building in the 2nd year and in the contract extension if given

Personally I think we need a respected and experienced manager, someone who is ‘nearing’ the twilight of his career, who will come to Leicester, and we can get on a 2 year contract with a view to an extension if all goes well ( CL was only on a 3 ½ so 2 years isn’t too bad)

Up and coming managers are well and good bit an experience manager with tactical sense and motivational skills is needed to do the most important thing, KEEP US UP, let him do that , give us some much needed stability and then look at building in the 2nd year and in the contract extension if given

Stan Ternant? :D

:D

Well the reason is he cant motivate the players, doesnt know his best 11

Firstly, all of these points are 'in your opinion', they are not facts, don't present them as such.

Players should be able to motivate themselves, they used to be able to. The 'lack of motivation' angle I don't completely buy, most of them are grown men, they should have some personal pride. I've done courses in teambuilding and the little I've learnt from that overanalysed crap is that motivation comes from everyone, not just one person. There are a handful of managers out there that can 'motivate'/read as scream and shout, properly. Maybe Levein doesn't think the best form of motivation is shouting at players low on confidence who are at least trying, if not succeeding. Surely there comes a point when it has to come from the players, not the manager. Anyway, don't you think it would be easier for Levein to 'motivate' if certain players weren't getting booed before they'd even kicked a ball?

Ask any two fans and they will have a different opinion on what our best 11 is. People complain that he changes his team too much then call for Douglas, Sylla, Kisborbo and de Vries to be dropped. A little contradictory wouldn't you say? I'm sure Levein has an idea in his mind what his best 11 is, unfortunately suspension, injury and some poor performances have led him to change things around (his preferred CB two are McCarthy and Gerrbrand. At the start of the season Gerrbrand was injured, then McCarthy was suspend, then Gerrbrand was injured again. That seems to be the same throughout the team). Maybe that isn't the right thing to do in your opinion, but people would probably be even more angry if he kept in players that were constantly underperforming. Its a lose-lose situation unless the team start performing.

has fallen out with a number of first teamers

How do you know that? Message board rumours? I hate to tell you but those things aren't always true. Williams we know he had a problem with - and lets face is most of us did - because he was a lazy bastard. I suppose if he did nothing about it he'd be accused of 'lack of discipline'. Johansson I saw no evidence of him falling out with, he dropped him because he had a poor game at left back - which most people agreed - and he told that to the media when asked why Johansson was dropped. Craig is an honest guy, I suppose that goes against him as well though.

we are in our lowest league position for 14 years, we have a 0.25 pts avg for last 8 games, have won 1 away game all year, havent won 2 games on the bounce all year, he blames everyone except himself.

A bit more then a "I dont like him" I'm afraid.

Blames everyone except for himself? I haven't seen him blaming anyone else specifically. He has said that the players need to realise where we are in the league. Don't you agree with that? He's said that the fans have every right to be angry with him but please don't take it out on the players during a match. Agree?

You're right, it's not a good league position. But you seem to want to make it worse because all you want is Levein out, you don't care who comes in instead. It simply isn't the case that anyone will do because Levein is the worst manager ever.

I’m not so sure. From what I’ve heard from friends who work at the club, is that a majority of the players don’t like Levein (nothing new there) so the knock on affect would be your not going to give your boss 100% ,whether that’s the right or wrong attitude, it’s still human nature. Now if the New Man comes in ( I hope soon) and hit’s it off with the squad from day one and treats them with a bit of respect, (something C L isn’t doing, just look at Hume, reportedly has a barny with C L and oooo look I don’t seem to be playing very much) then we may start to see better performances from the off, also whoever the new man is will not be suffering from the “You’re my blue eyed boy(s) from Scotland syndrome†so the likes of Kis’useless’ Douglas etc hopefully will be dropped, yet another plus, I have always said the players we have in the squad if correctly picked, motivated, and given correct tactical instruction are a match for any team in the division and I don’t see why we can’t get ourselves out of the mess we are in and pretty quickly.

To be honest, the same comments come out of every struggling club. Oh they don't like the manager, oh this player has been spreading rumours, oh so and so has fallen out with oojamaflip, he didn't play last week so they must have fallen out (Hume btw, has started in 7 of our last 11 games, he was cup tied for one of the 4 he didn't start in and played as sub in 1 of the other 3, and of the two games he didn't play in he was a sub. So out of the last 11 games he's only been out of the 16 once, and that was in the League Cup when he was cup tied...doesn't sound like he's fallen out with the manager to me). I wouldn't believe it because that would indicate to me that we have a squad full of idiots more intent on showing off their huge egos than getting us out of this mess... Oh hang on, they are professional footballers. I honestly don't see that they can have fallen out with him, 99% of them are his signings or players that he has brought through.

Well he did fall out with johannsen that made the news, the hume may be romours but funny how the player isnt starting games now. There are other signs as well that seem to indicate the 1st team isnt behind the manager. Motivation we will continue to disagree with each other on, in all fields of work self motivation isnt sufficient this is why we have people called "foremen" "supervisors" "managers" to keep the workforce buzzing and doing their job, some evidence of motivation kicking in is when brian little tookover and made few changes to the playing personel but had a huge difference in league position, the new coach at real madrid has had a motivational impact as well, millwall seem to be also benefiting from a new manager. Their may be a stage where a manager needs to do very little like a 20+ winning run and the team is so brimming with confidence they can work it out as they go along, but their needs to be a manager to start it all off at the very least and if you think any manager could have got leics promoted in the promo season I defenitly disagree. The reason adams got us promoted is because he was positive, played direct football and wanted goals, yes he was helped by having experienced prem players but they still needed motivating and the wage defferal didnt kick in until later in the season. Of course he carried on his goal scoring success in the premier but his weakness kicked in with a lot of late goals been conceded, but at least his record in this division was very respectable. I dont take any of this crap where the manager is blameless for what the players do on the pitch, if they dont do the job he can stick them in the reserves, sell them etc. He is also the one who brought them in, this is his team so if his own team doesnt respect him enough to put their full effort in again its his own fault. In any other line of work if the crew doesnt perform the director doesnt bypass the manager and give the crew a rollocking the manager takes the punishment, I am failing to see why craig should be an exception in this case.

Yes I want Leics to win, with or without craig, but my reason for wanting craig out is that I fail to see how we can avoid relegation with him in charge.

I agree Martin Allen is the man for the job. Everyone get emailing tim davies

I wanna see martin allen as next manager, did anyone see him on soccer am this morning, thats the sort of manager we need!!!!!

Martin Allen is the man

Archived