Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theboywillmott

Question & Answer Evenings

Biggest failure  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who deserves to take the award for biggest failure of the season?

• Craig Levein
    • The Board
    • Mark De Vries
    • Rab Douglas
    • Patrick Kisnorbo
    • Momo Sylla
    • Gareth Williams
    • Dion Dublin
    • Danny Tiatto
    • Elvis Hammond
    • Lee Morris
    • Jason Wilcox

I see there are no proposed Q&A Evenings proposed before the end of the season down at the Walkers. I thought they usually did 3 or 4 a season. I don't believe in coincidence but :whistle:

However the players award evening is on May 4th this year - note for diary. I would like to present an award for "biggest failure of the season". The 'trophey' will be a manilla envelope containing the shreaded contract of the winner mounted on a mahogany plinth.

The all important list of nominations has been released and voting closes on 4th May 2006 at 18:00.

Of course the award should go to CL for his performance so far this season, he's failed in leading the team to complete their primary task, i.e. get results, so it has to go to him.

That said, I wouldn't be dissapointed if at the end of the season we could say otherwise. Doesn't look likely though atm.

I see there are no proposed Q&A Evenings proposed before the end of the season down at the Walkers. I thought they usually did 3 or 4 a season. I don't believe in coincidence but :whistle:

They did one with Elliott not long ago. Unless you're talking about with the current manager, or playing staff, which they certainly don't do 3 or 4 times a season.

levein of course is the obvious candidate.

i voted for sylla though, he promised so much in the pre season games like celtic with his trickery and flair, yet all he has done is laze around the pitch. very disappointing.

what for, suffering a potentially career ending injury in the 1st few months of being here, or getting another (less serious) knee injury at the start of this season, we have never seen a full fit wilcox which we may, after his loan spell

what for, suffering a potentially career ending injury in the 1st few months of being here, or getting another (less serious) knee injury at the start of this season, we have never seen a full fit wilcox which we may, after his loan spell

Yes, but define faliure - non sucessful, has he been sucessful?? No, so he is a faliure.

I don't think you can blame any one player, simply because we've all seen they can play on their day so they are not really bad players but as a team they look bad individually-if that makes sense!

You have to say the biggest failures have been Craig Levein and his coaching staff because he ultimately signed the players and the coaching staff are responsible for the training of the players!

I'm sure 90% of our squad would be welcomed into most of the top teams in our division!

I've voted for the board and for one reason only - selling Connolly - With him playing, I could see us being in a top ten position, maybe even the playoffs.

The board may have done many things wrong but they had little choice over the Connolly sale - the simple fact is that he wanted to go, there isn't a football manager in the land who would willing hang on to a player who wanted to leave.

So how can you justify what you are saying?

Besides he wasn't that prolific and I didn't see us maintaining a top ten position in the league last season, so you last statement is nothing but wishful thinking.

I'm sorry but that was a good bit of business.

I didn't think it did at the time. selling our best striker to a club with a portion of the fee dependent on them staying up but now they're almost guaranteed to stay up £3mill does seem pretty good. wonder how that extra million will be spent in the summer.................... :whistle:

I'm sorry but that was a good bit of business.

So good piece of business that we have still to find a forward that has been able to command a starting spot in the team week in week out. Hopefully hume and fryatt will become good, cos they certainly have promise. But how much would you give for a proven goalscorer now?? How much would relegation cost us?? Its all very good me saying this in hindsight though.

So good piece of business that we have still to find a forward that has been able to command a starting spot in the team week in week out. Hopefully hume and fryatt will become good, cos they certainly have promise. But how much would you give for a proven goalscorer now?? How much would relegation cost us?? Its all very good me saying this in hindsight though.

2.5 Mil PROFIT on a player who never really turned it on, and i believe we have a better player in hume. So actually excellent bit of business, hopfully we can use the extra Mil from wigan staying up to pay CL compo.

Connolly? A proven goalscorer? Some people have short memories...

:rolleyes:

Connolly? A proven goalscorer? Some people have short memories...

:rolleyes:

What are you on about ? 17 goals in 48 game isn't to be sniffed at!

Ok he had an abysmal first 6 months, but that was due to an injury and his fitness.

After he scored against Watford last year he never looked back and scored 11 goals in 13 games if you include the first 2 games of this year.

Wins against Derby, Millwall and Leeds and draws against Brighton, WHU and Watford in which he scored in all six games probably saved us from relegation last season!

I'll take a bit of that now!

6 or 7

Make that 3 but does it matter how many are penalties he scored?

The facts are that he scored in vital games at the end of last season which kept us up!

Can't you all remember the end of last season? We were almost in as much shit as we are now!

Connolly's goals saved us last season, whose goals are going to save us this season?

Make that 3 but does it matter how many are penalties he scored?

The facts are that he scored in vital games at the end of last season which kept us up!

Can't you all remember the end of last season? We were almost in as much shit as we are now!

Connolly's goals saved us last season, whose goals are going to save us this season?

Hopefully Fryatt's :thumbup:

Archived