Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TAFKA Castroneves

18 Games to Save Season

Leicester City have 18 games left to rescue their season - and tomorrow's home clash against Cardiff is the first opportunity to climb out of the bottom three.

It will be the third meeting between the clubs this season, with honours even so far.

The Welsh side won the Championship clash at Ninian Park in September but City dumped them out of the Carling Cup a month later.

Neither of those previous matches was as important as the significance assumed by tomorrow's Championship game.

Boss Craig Levein, though, is not going to get sucked into a "must-win" scenario just yet.

He said: "I am always wary about that. There are 18 games left and you can't make this the be-all and end-all.

"That heaps more pressure on, and my job coming into this game is to make sure the players understand exactly where we are.

"I have to try to lift any pressure, especially on the younger players, and to give them confidence because we don't want anyone to be scared to play.

"The supporters have a part to play in that. A lot of them are frustrated and fearful of the situation we are in but the last thing we can afford is to have splits in the set-up.

"People have gripes and complaints, but that should be kept outside the 90 minutes.

"By and large, I have no complaint about the fans because the majority of them have been very good and we need them to help us as they did in the FA Cup tie (against Tottenham)."

The fans will be eager to see new striker Matty Fryatt in his home debut and, while Levein again does not want to put too much pressure on the newcomer, he is confident the 19-year-old's ambition will pull him through.

Levein said: "I think he is happy to make the next step in his career. Ultimately, he wants to play in the Premiership.

"The expectations will be there but, for any player who wants to achieve that ambition, you have to be able to handle the step up and I am sure he will."

Ryan Smith is available again after suspension, Richard Stearman will have recovered fully from his dead leg but Joey Gudjonsson is serving the last of a two-match suspension.

The big question will be who partners Fryatt up front, with top-scorer Mark de Vries, Elvis Hammond or Iain Hume all in the frame.

Just a small part of a recent interview but this really worries me, if Levein doesn't see some games as must wins how are we going to improve? We do need to win every game we can now and with this attitude I can't see us winning any.

What is it going to take for Levein to go, this single interview has finally pushed me over to beyond hope that we will survive under him. When are the must-win games going to happen Craig? When it's too late?

I cannot demonstrate how worried I am about this, if only I could get myself to the Walkers in the near future with a banner :(

Of course he believes it's a must win, he's just trying to take the pressure off himself, the players and to lesson the tension in the crowd which could affect the players.

It's not unique for a manager in his position to say those things in public, in fact it's pretty much par for the course. Why do people believe that the stuff they publish is what is said behind closed doors.

The man is a cock. I suggest you don't read his interviews. He doesn't care and he's just contemplating which club to ruin next.

I dunno, seems to me he's just saying what's expected of him to say when talking to the media.

But, let's be honest shall we? Whatever CL says right now will draw criticism from some people. The majority on this forum seem near to apoplexy that he's breathing let alone actually speaking...

:rolleyes:

I agree entirely what your saying..but leicester will stick by him even when we are relegated...just watch this space..they wont pay out to get rid..they'll chance it...lose out ..and we'll be following football in the 1st division next season and all will be lost.!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

yes CL would like a nice long lucrative stay at a club rather than being on the dole.

strange how other clubs with less resources , struggling financially too can do equally as well if not far better.

i guess its admirable that you still have faith in the guy but im certain his rebuilding plans didnt involve fighting to get out of what is effectively div3 :blink:

CL did say this will take 3 or 4 years for us to rebuild... im sorry to say but i am still on his side.

Craig Leveins blue and white army :D

I'm no longer on his side if he continues to use Kisnorbo after Sheff Wed game, and many other poor performances this season.

Archived