Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
C-man

We Are In Serious Trouble

Right, before this post, i'd like to point out that im 'anti-Levein' however i think it is now too late for a new manager to come into the club and get at least 25 points from our last 17 games with the shower of shit Levein has. Therefore i feel we have an equal chance of going down with or without Levein. Maybe we should see if levein can pull us out of this mess, and then sack him in the summer.

Okay, having lost at home to Cardiff, a game i expected we'd get 3 points from, we're still only 2 points away from safety, so we're by no means dead and buried. However, if worst does come to the worst and we do get relegated, i can't see us ever getting back up into the top flight. :o

Here's why:

- We'd have to sell our best players, i.e. Gudjohnsson, Williams, Stearman, and obviously we'll have to release Smith whether we stay up or not.

- Even then, we'd still have NO money to spend, and we'd have a thin squad, and i would expect a mid table finish.

- At this point, most of our remaining fans would want rid of that manager for not getting an immediate return to the championship. A new manager would come in, having to get a comletely new team and establish ourselves as a League One team.

So, us fans can do one of two things for the rest of the season:

1) Moan, boo, and shout for levein's head, which will do nothing to help us survive. or we can...

2) Turn up in mass numbers, home and away, and create a fantastic atmopshere much like we did against Spurs.

Believe it or not, number 2 would help the team survive more than number 1. :o

All this talk of boycotting games... its wank. Really, what good would it do? One of the reasons the board hasn't sacked Levein is the fact we'd have to pay him off. And with loss of revenue from tickets, they're not likely to do that.

If we do follow number 2, we could have it all:

1) A team in the Championship.

2) A new manager at the end of the season.

3) New players to replace the garbage we have currently

Just think about it. As much as i want Levein out, i still want what is best for the club, and at the moment, that is supporting the team through thick and thin, and not boycotting games. Because, we have ewual chance of getting rid of Levein both ways.

So what do you think?

You're talking like you think relegation is inevitable. I don't.

What I see is a squad of players with the ability to pull us out of this mess but a manager who is incapable of choosing the right people to put on the pitch and get them playing to their strengths.

We've all seen how well City can play this season, why have we stopped doing that over the last 4-6 weeks? I believe that if a new manager came in that the team would respond and performances would improve.

Most importantly, if a new manager came in then the fans would be much more willing to get behind the team. It would be a new start. It would muster a "we're all in this together, so let's pull together" atmosphere at the ground that has been so sadly lacking recently.

What I see is a squad of players with the ability to pull us out of this mess but a manager who is incapable of choosing the right people to put on the pitch and get them playing to their strengths.

We've all seen how well City can play this season, why have we stopped doing that over the last 4-6 weeks? I believe that if a new manager came in that the team would respond and performances would improve.

Most importantly, if a new manager came in then the fans would be much more willing to get behind the team. It would be a new start. It would muster a "we're all in this together, so let's pull together" atmosphere at the ground that has been so sadly lacking recently.

That's a very good point. However if Levein is given 3 or 4 games more, and he getrs sacked then, i do think relegation is inevitable. :(

Thanks for replying too, i thought it would have been a waste of time making that post.

Agreed :thumbup:

This was Levein's quote after the match;

It's difficult but I'm determined. It's not something I shy away from so we'll get our heads down and work hard.

"From my point of view we need to continue doing the things we've been doing and things will turn for us.

"Anybody who has watched our matches recently will be of the same opinion as myself, that on a lot of occasions we're doing 90% of things right."

OK, I have 2 problems with this.

1. I've been hearing this rubbish for the last month now -"things will turn for us" - maybe but when?! :dunno:

2. 90%! I don't know where to start with that one, it says it all. :banghead:

I'd rather he stop droaning on day in day out and get on with things. Maybe even try and get another player in!

[..] "From my point of view we need to continue doing the things we've been doing and things will turn for us.

"Anybody who has watched our matches recently will be of the same opinion as myself, that on a lot of occasions we're doing 90% of things right." [..]

No, no, no.

Isn't it obvious that what we did yesterday was NOT WORKING!?! The long ball to MDV was just too easy to predict and defend. We didn't do anywhere near 90% right yesterday.

:mad:

Right, before this post, i'd like to point out that im 'anti-Levein' however i think it is now too late for a new manager to come into the club and get at least 25 points from our last 17 games with the shower of shit Levein has. Therefore i feel we have an equal chance of going down with or without Levein. Maybe we should see if levein can pull us out of this mess, and then sack him in the summer.

Okay, having lost at home to Cardiff, a game i expected we'd get 3 points from, we're still only 2 points away from safety, so we're by no means dead and buried. However, if worst does come to the worst and we do get relegated, i can't see us ever getting back up into the top flight. :o

Here's why:

- We'd have to sell our best players, i.e. Gudjohnsson, Williams, Stearman, and obviously we'll have to release Smith whether we stay up or not.

- Even then, we'd still have NO money to spend, and we'd have a thin squad, and i would expect a mid table finish.

- At this point, most of our remaining fans would want rid of that manager for not getting an immediate return to the championship. A new manager would come in, having to get a comletely new team and establish ourselves as a League One team.

1) Moan, boo, and shout for levein's head, which will do nothing to help us survive. or we can...

2) Turn up in mass numbers, home and away, and create a fantastic atmopshere much like we did against Spurs.

All this talk of boycotting games... its wank. Really, what good would it do? One of the reasons the board hasn't sacked Levein is the fact we'd have to pay him off. And with loss of revenue from tickets, they're not likely to do that.

Just think about it. As much as i want Levein out, i still want what is best for the club, and at the moment, that is supporting the team through thick and thin, and not boycotting games. Because, we have ewual chance of getting rid of Levein both ways.

So what do you think?

you truly are a clubs dream fan, how bad does it have to get, we are bootom, yes bottom of the form table, below crew. under the current muppet we will lucky to win a couple of games before the end of season, look at the last couple of games, hoof to MDV is all we have got. all this crap about cheering the team, we need something to cheer about and cheering does not make ashyte team good. we can either keep levein and accept league one footy for many years as joey, hume, fryatt if he catchs the eye, williams, mccarthy etc will go, and we will be left with a team of rabs, kisnobs and hamills. alternatively we can make a change, and while it wont garentee safety, we will at least put up a fight! cant believe some fans, like levein and the club are just burying there heads in the sand and hoping it goes away! toothless!

This was Levein's quote after the match;

It's difficult but I'm determined. It's not something I shy away from so we'll get our heads down and work hard.

"From my point of view we need to continue doing the things we've been doing and things will turn for us.

"Anybody who has watched our matches recently will be of the same opinion as myself, that on a lot of occasions we're doing 90% of things right."

OK, I have 2 problems with this.

1. I've been hearing this rubbish for the last month now -"things will turn for us" - maybe but when?! :dunno:

2. 90%! I don't know where to start with that one, it says it all. :banghead:

I'd rather he stop droaning on day in day out and get on with things. Maybe even try and get another player in!

I agree. Sad thing is we've had this same rubbish right from the beggining of the season. I was just on the website and came across a peices with nissa saying how our first eight games were poor, but that we are better than that, it's a tough league... etc... etc... We've been hearing the same excuses all season and although we can play some nice football we've still lost our last 5 league matches.

Getting rid of levein might work but only if he goes now so that a new manager has a week or two to find at least a one or two polayers they feel would benefit the squad. But if he doesn't go soon we might aswell keep him for the rest of the season, then get rid of him in the summer.

C-man, intersting post but I think you ought sit back and clear your thoughts as they seem somewhat contradictory.

Surely if we've got an:

"equal chance of going down with or without Levein" and "we're still only 2 points away from safety, so we're by no means dead and buried"

then it's not "too late for a new manager to come into the club and get at least 25 points from our last 17"

It's a simple choice as to whether you believe replacing CL gives us a better or worse chance of survival, judging by the poll most people on here, that have voted believe a change gives us the best option, although I do suspect the a proportion of the Levein out voters just want rid of him, whatever it brings, which is their right of course because they have simply lost all faith in the guy to the extent that some now despise the guy.

Bloody hell, do not prepare for Relegation. We are only two points of safety, but it could become more serious with this muppet in charge. Get someone in, scrap the long term policy for 6 months, and save us from the drop. Then see if the new man has done enough to extend his contract, or get in a replacement.

I know people will react, but Basset is the man for me. Not on a lot of money, and has the know how in this division. He would keep us up I have no doubt.

Agree with you a 110%.

Under Levein we're passionless , we dont want the ball as much as the opposition does. This has to change if we want to remain in this league.

Under Levein I cant see us staying up , we dont want it enough , he's obviously not installing enough passion into the first 11.

As Chimp says , I think if a new manager was too come in , It would kickstart the team and the fans and we would survive just. Obviously im no Mystic Meg , but thats my views.

Keep Levein and we're down.

Here's why:

So what do you think?

I've never been one for sitting back and letting things happen.

I've been as guilty of supporting Craig Levein as lots of others. I still think he's been of service to this club in some ways. But in no way, from the start really, do I believe he's been a good tactician and manager of men.

One thing's for sure. I bet he doesn't use the Listening Bank.

Consequently you have to assume that if he remains things will go on as before.

The answer is not easy or guaranteed. But bearing in mind there's no time for any newcomer to waste weeks assessing his best course of action I'd act on Monday morning by giving Dion Dublin a call.

We will stay up no matter who is manager its not good to think negative. We just need to get behind our team

are you implying the fans havent been backing the team all year?

and you think craig can achieve a 1.5 points avg between now and the end of the season when he is averaging 0.25 at current?

Archived