Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theboywillmott

Priceless garbage from Levein!

Absolutely priceless.

The 'wonder goal' from Sheff Weds game wouldn't have been possible if our midfield had closed the guy down a bit earlier.

Levein is a prize ****.

If he can't come up with anything better than that he'd be well advised to keep his head down and his mouth shut.

Tosser.

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~772005,00.html

Its the bit about losing the last 2 games to wonder goals that gets me! He reckons that won't happen every week so we will get results soon. :glare:

It doesn't matter if they're wonder goals or tap ins. We've conceded two goals in each of our last four matches and have gone 14 games since our last clean sheet. It is that he cannot either recognise or acknowledge that things are going wrong which is his most irritating characteristic apart from the blinkers he wears when making his selections and deciding his tactics.

I also forgot to add the bit about restricting the opposition to only 4 chances per game! Excuse me while I roll around the floor laughing my socks off.

I've noticed him doing that sort of thing before. He just doesn't see it as it really is. Times he even says "we played well" and you reflect on the match he was talking about and think when?.

If he can't see things realistically how can he expect to put things right. It shows in his judgement sometimes like bringing non-proven strikers to the club like Hume and Hammond. Before ever you sign a striker you should look at the statistics and say does he do the job and does he do it consistently.

Then you look at him and consider whether he will fit into what you are trying to do with regard to his style, his personal character etc.

If the blokes have no form as strikers then they should get past the initial evaluation stage.

The wonder goal free kick, well from where i was sat B1, you saw the guy line it up, Rab was stood behind the wall. whats the point in having the wall? To protect the keeper? Not saying he would have stoped it but would have had a better chance if he was stood the right place maybe.

I've noticed him doing that sort of thing before. He just doesn't see it as it really is. Times he even says "we played well" and you reflect on the match he was talking about and think when?.

If he can't see things realistically how can he expect to put things right. It shows in his judgement sometimes like bringing non-proven strikers to the club like Hume and Hammond. Before ever you sign a striker you should look at the statistics and say does he do the job and does he do it consistently.

Then you look at him and consider whether he will fit into what you are trying to do with regard to his style, his personal character etc.

If the blokes have no form as strikers then they should get past the initial evaluation stage.

Are we in a position to buy Strikers who are on form though? They're not the players clubs are looking to sell, so you are talking about players from lower leagues (like Fryatt) which is also a gamble. There are no guarantees with the kind of cash we are able to spend.

I really do try to take no notice of or at least take anything seriously that he states publicly because it's all a smoke screen, it would be the same as if we were winning ( in that managers play things down). and also applies to all these so called 'player statements'.

What's more improtant is to reflect on the facts and the way the team and players perform, hopefully in an objective way and not in an emotional follow the herd kind of way. Let's face it there is enough amunition for all to see without even dragging this printed stuff up. It's always been shite and patronising we just happen to notice it more acutely when things are going badly.

It doesn't matter if they're wonder goals or tap ins. We've conceded two goals in each of our last four matches and have gone 14 games since our last clean sheet. It is that he cannot either recognise or acknowledge that things are going wrong which is his most irritating characteristic apart from the blinkers he wears when making his selections and deciding his tactics.

and that comes from a manager who is supposed to have been a defender

Archived