Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Nigel clough

I wouldn't mind seeing nigel clough given the chance to manage us.

Firstly he's not afraid to play football on the deck whoever the opposition (man utd), he's a very passionate manager who will not be afraid to let a player know if he isn't performing.

I think he would like the challenge of getting us back in the prem and i think he could do it.

What are your views?

Needs League experience first. Going about it the right way, same as MON. He took Wycombe into League then built from there. Clough might be tempted by the £1m Burton have just acquired in the FAC, the new ground, showing loyalty to players etc. At least for another season. One to watch out for though. Agree about the style of play he adopts.

Firstly he's not afraid to play football on the deck whoever the opposition (man utd), he's a very passionate manager who will not be afraid to let a player know if he isn't performing.

I think he would like the challenge of getting us back in the prem and i think he could do it.

What are your views?

:laugh: Your joking aren't you. He manages a part time team in staffordshire, My mate managed to get his 5 a side team promotion as player manager, and he's won the premier league with Bristol City on champ. Lets hire him!!! :rolleyes::smile:

He doesn't even have legue experince never mind championship experince. Some people are saying Martin Allen isn't proven enough to manage us I have no idea what that makes Nigel Clough.

There is also no way on Gods green earth our board would be anywhere stupid enough ( the same board that was stupid enough to hire Levein ) to hire a unknown unproven, not even proffesional manager.

Don't get me wrong he could possible do quite well and be another Pearce, ( although Burton have hardly set the confernce on fire ) eventully, I'm not willing to let my club be the guinea pig for his proffesional debut though! It could all go extremly wrong.

I think you from Coalville so you should probabley get yourself down the pirreli at someone point this season, at times, Burton are more then game for a bit of hoof ball.

The fact was he got a better result against the scarlet satans in the first game than our own club has managed in our last TEN attempts!

But I suspect it's still a little too soon for him. He may end up at Derby, once their shambles of a board (even worse than ours!) has been removed.

:laugh: Your joking aren't you. He manages a part time team in staffordshire, My mate managed to get his 5 a side team promotion as player manager, and he's won the premier league with Bristol City on champ. Lets hire him!!! :rolleyes::smile:

He doesn't even have legue experince never mind championship experince. Some people are saying Martin Allen isn't proven enough to manage us I have no idea what that makes Nigel Clough.

There is also no way on Gods green earth our board would be anywhere stupid enough ( the same board that was stupid enough to hire Levein ) to hire a unknown unproven, not even proffesional manager.

Don't get me wrong he could possible do quite well and be another Pearce, ( although Burton have hardly set the confernce on fire ) eventully, I'm not willing to let my club be the guinea pig for his proffesional debut though! It could all go extremly wrong.

I think you from Coalville so you should probabley get yourself down the pirreli at someone point this season, at times, Burton are more then game for a bit of hoof ball.

Very close :olol

I was there when they played peterborough first proper game at the pirelli, seemed to have them playing well i thought.

The fact was he got a better result against the scarlet satans in the first game than our own club has managed in our last TEN attempts!

But I suspect it's still a little too soon for him. He may end up at Derby, once their shambles of a board (even worse than ours!) has been removed.

No he will remain at Burton for quite a few more years yet probabley until they turn proffesional and he shows how is long term management has turned them from a part time top end Confernce North side to one that is fully profesional and pushing for Legue Two. Maybe then he may land himself a job at a average league two side. Quite possible Forest :smile:

Needs League experience first. Going about it the right way, same as MON. He took Wycombe into League then built from there. Clough might be tempted by the £1m Burton have just acquired in the FAC, the new ground, showing loyalty to players etc. At least for another season. One to watch out for though. Agree about the style of play he adopts.

That's something a certain Dave Penney has done. Two consecutive promotions to League 1, and now looking to push on after consolidating last season.

If we could somehow stay up this season, whether that would be by sticking with Levein or bringing in a short term replacement until the end of the season, I think Penney would be a good appointment in the long run.

It would be too soon for him, IMHO.

Look what's happening at Hearts; we brought in a 'world class coach' (with little to no managerial experience) in Graham Rix and he's slowly but surely devolving our team into mediocrity.

We've already kissed the league goodbye this year.

I'm not saying Clough would do as badly as Rixy's doing up here, but, TBH, I think in your situation you need someone with experience. I saw Kevin Keegan mentioned on here a few days ago, he could maybe do it for you?

I'm not saying Clough would do as badly as Rixy's doing up here, but, TBH, I think in your situation you need someone with experience. I saw Kevin Keegan mentioned on here a few days ago, he could maybe do it for you?

He came back from Spain to keep the geordies up, but I very much doubt he'd be willing to do it for us.

He came back from Spain to keep the geordies up, but I very much doubt he'd be willing to do it for us.

Money's money, mate.

If he took over now he would be in a win-win situation; If you stay up he's a hero, if not then it's not his team. Although I think you should stick with CL 'till the end of the season, personally, so you can strengthen in all areas with confidence in the summer.

What are your views?

I agree, as i have said on another website. Its a simple question for me, craig or nigel?

Are you for real Filbertway?

You think Nigel Clough is a chip off the old block? It all depends WHICH block you are referring to. 'Ol' big 'ead' always maintained that young Nigel took after his mother (and like most things he said he didn't mean that kindly). Venting his spleen at the ref on Sky TV does not make this non-league aristocrat a passionate man.

In fact, it was his LACK of passion (and pace) that hampered his playing career (although he had good technique and vision). And as for the alchy's accusation that England managers rarely selected Nigel (mainly Robson) because of his father's undiplomatic statements...

...just look what happened to Nigel's club career when he left F****t.

Archived