Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
andyb92

Lennon Banners

With all this talk of fans wanting Neil Lennon in charge why not use the Levein out banners from this thread....

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=15503

And change them to read 'Lennon In' and take them to the southampton match....at least that way the banners will get used, the board will see them and even Lennon might get to hear bout it.....just an idea. :)

With all this talk of fans wanting Neil Lennon in charge why not use the Levein out banners from this thread....

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=15503

And change them to read 'Lennon In' and take them to the southampton match....at least that way the banners will get used, the board will see them and even Lennon might get to hear bout it.....just an idea. :)

Err how would they get used? they'd be different banners, or do you mean print them out and change them with a marker pen? :whistle:

While I really would like Lennon to come here, I'm not sure showing banners like that would really be fair to Rob Kelly. He played for us too remember and seemed so happy when he got a job here under Craig, I'd imagine he'll fancy keeping the job as manager too if he can and although that looks unlikely I think it would be just a bit unkind to ask for other managers - in the form of banners - while he's managing his first couple of games in charge.

OK. Well make the banners a little different then...

Lennon IN

(but as player/coach to give R. Kelly a fair go)

:P

Seriously tho - we only have two members of the coaching staff, Kelly who's now acting manager, and a goalkeeping coach - so wanting Lennon to join as a player/coach shouldn't be an issue.

That way, Kelly can remain as manager for a while, and Lennon will rejoin in a playing and coaching capacity - tis the best of both worlds ;)

I didn't mean to particularly bring people down. I'd consider a Lennon In banner myself if I wasn't so lazy...but I was just thinking how it might seem to Kelly, his first game in charge, to see people suggesting managers on the terraces.

I didn't mean to particularly bring people down. I'd consider a Lennon In banner myself if I wasn't so lazy...but I was just thinking how it might seem to Kelly, his first game in charge, to see people suggesting managers on the terraces.

He must know that something will happen though.Even if there just a few songs of' theres only 1 Neil Lennon' He probably knows that he has little chance at getting the job !

I can create a Lennon In banner if there's enough interest?

Go for it!!!! :thumbup:

Unfortunatly i wont be at the match but it will be good if we could.

It would be very beneficial as Gary would give a bit of banter on motd when the City match is played on tv sat night.

While I really would like Lennon to come here, I'm not sure showing banners like that would really be fair to Rob Kelly. He played for us too remember and seemed so happy when he got a job here under Craig, I'd imagine he'll fancy keeping the job as manager too if he can and although that looks unlikely I think it would be just a bit unkind to ask for other managers - in the form of banners - while he's managing his first couple of games in charge.

I think thats a fair point. For all we know Rob Kelly could be a diamond in disguise. I think appointing him on a game by game is a good idea. Saturday is another game where there isn't really any pressure on and it will be nice to see what happens now with a new man in the main seat.

Archived