Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yorkshire_Canary

Nigel Worthington

Hi, Norwich fan here. Rumour has it that Worthy is getting increasingly unhappy about the situation at the club what with all of our half-decent Premiership players being sold from under his nose and no money being available to strengthen the squad. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing with Dean Ashton pushes him over the edge. The guy saved us from relegation to Division Two in his first season, then led us to two successive top eight finishes (including a narrow loss on pens in the playoff final), won us the title the year after and was withing a gnat's bollock of keeping us in the Premiership and then Delia and co have suddenly treated him like shit since we got relegated. He considered dropping down a division to manage Sheffield Wednesday a few years back so has a history of a rocky relationship with the board but I fear that the recent shenanigans may see him lose patience once and for all. It's been nothing but idle gossip and whisperings so far but you'll have got yourselves a catch if there's any truth to the rumours I've been hearing about your board wanting to talk to Worthy.

What are your thoughts on this?

Cheers,

Yorks Canary

Hi, Norwich fan here. Rumour has it that Worthy is getting increasingly unhappy about the situation at the club what with all of our half-decent Premiership players being sold from under his nose and no money being available to strengthen the squad. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing with Dean Ashton pushes him over the edge. The guy saved us from relegation to Division Two in his first season, then led us to two successive top eight finishes (including a narrow loss on pens in the playoff final), won us the title the year after and was withing a gnat's bollock of keeping us in the Premiership and then Delia and co have suddenly treated him like shit since we got relegated. He considered dropping down a division to manage Sheffield Wednesday a few years back so has a history of a rocky relationship with the board but I fear that the recent shenanigans may see him lose patience once and for all. It's been nothing but idle gossip and whisperings so far but you'll have got yourselves a catch if there's any truth to the rumours I've been hearing about your board wanting to talk to Worthy.

Cheers,

Yorks Canary

I wouldn't really want him here? seems to have a high turnover of players

WTF are you on about??

Moaning that a manager has got through a lot of players, when we have been through about 40 in 3 years is like 'a pot calling a kettle black' (if you mean this expression, then its just an old saying when pots and kettles were kept over stoves - hence both would be black. If not then sorry for being patronising I don't mean to be.)!! :rolleyes::ph34r:

Worthington is one of the worst managers in the game today imo. It suprised me that Norwich actually took him on after wot he did to Blackpool.

He can't be that bad if he won them the title a few years back - and almost kept them in the Premiership last season. And they could still make the play-offs this season.

Hi, Norwich fan here. Rumour has it that Worthy is getting increasingly unhappy about the situation at the club what with all of our half-decent Premiership players being sold from under his nose and no money being available to strengthen the squad. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing with Dean Ashton pushes him over the edge.

Cheers,

Yorks Canary

Well the player/money situation wouldn't be a lot different, so what would be the point of him coming to Leicester?? None at all. Besides which, look what's happened to Norwich....I don't think we want anymore of that thankyou.

He can't be that bad if he won them the title a few years back - and almost kept them in the Premiership last season. And they could still make the play-offs this season.

I cud'nt care less he wilts under pressure, the bloke is worst than Levein.

Awful appointment. I wouldnt want LCFC playin like them canaries unsportsmanlike pricks. Remember little shit forward who played up front with Ashton when they came to our place? Whats he called?

Yeah... these teams that don't consistently finish bottom of the fair play league... :rolleyes:

Grow up.

Archived