Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Should be a nice little Earner

<h3 class="headline">Walkers To Host Heineken Cup Quarter-Final </h3> 0,,10274%7E271141,00.jpgThe Walkers Stadium will provide the venue for Leicester Tigers' Heineken Cup quarter-final match against Bath on Saturday, April 1.

The Foxes are away at Norwich City that weekend in the Coca-Cola Championship.

The agreement between the two parties comes almost a year after the Tigers used the modern 32,500 arena for their semi-final clash against Toulouse in the same competition.

City Chief Executive Tim Davies said: "We are extremely delighted that the Walkers Stadium has been chosen to stage such a high profile match between two of rugby's top teams for a second successive season.

"We wish the Tigers the very best of luck."

<h3 class="headline">Walkers To Host Heineken Cup Quarter-Final </h3> 0,,10274%7E271141,00.jpgThe Walkers Stadium will provide the venue for Leicester Tigers' Heineken Cup quarter-final match against Bath on Saturday, April 1.

The Foxes are away at Norwich City that weekend in the Coca-Cola Championship.

The agreement between the two parties comes almost a year after the Tigers used the modern 32,500 arena for their semi-final clash against Toulouse in the same competition.

City Chief Executive Tim Davies said: "We are extremely delighted that the Walkers Stadium has been chosen to stage such a high profile match between two of rugby's top teams for a second successive season.

"We wish the Tigers the very best of luck."

I'm all for it, we're not using the Walkers so why not?

There were lots of different things attatched to the ground share tho, like painting half the seats green!

The groundshare would make complete sense. Why should Tigers build another 20,000 + stadium when there is a fantastic stadium already built? Madness! The funds for the City would be really useful to invest in the side and then move us up the league to safety and upwards.

Also why did they have to play both games at home today at 3pm? I follow both and would have gone to both games. As an egg chaser first went to Tigers but I am gutted that we lost to Saints today. :blush:

The groundshare would make complete sense. Why should Tigers build another 20,000 + stadium when there is a fantastic stadium already built? Madness! The funds for the City would be really useful to invest in the side and then move us up the league to safety and upwards.

Also why did they have to play both games at home today at 3pm? I follow both and would have gone to both games. As an egg chaser first went to Tigers but I am gutted that we lost to Saints today. :blush:

I'm surprised Tigers and City were allowed to both play at home on the same days...normally City have to move :rolleyes:

But its never "Due to the Tigers game" the Police and Club try to fob it off with the excuse of "Police Advice" basically they don't have enough lazy coppers on duty to cope with 2 games.

It might be reversed next season...Tigers buy the ground we rent of the Tigers :cry::thumbdown:

If I were Tigers, I would tell us to piss off. I can see us playing at either Welford Road or the Marstons next season! :smile:

There were lots of different things attatched to the ground share tho, like painting half the seats green!

So would you rather sit in Green seats in the Championship, or Blue seats in League One? I know which one I would prefer.

Good to hear constructive, positive opinions on the groundshare. I'm just waiting for the dinosaurs to turn up (Lisasaurus is a pretty uncompromising beast - it flies into a rage at the thought of sharing with anything).

One or two little inaccuracies though. The majority of fans when polled actually backed the groundshare (Lisasaurus was away hunting at the time). As this board is Lisasaurus territory, many of the native primitive life forms chose to go along with this dominanat species.

It was the Rugby Football Union which veteod the scheme on the grounds that ultimately the Tigers had to have 'primacy of tenure.' This is, I admit, a puzzle to me as Harlequins, Wasps and Saracens use association football stadia for ALL home fixtures where tenure is held by the association football club.

As a result:

1) Both clubs lose out on 'crossover' audiences through joint season ticket sales

2) Both clubs remian burdened with expensive administrative/marketing structures

3) Both clubs lose out on additional income streams that could be generated by increased stadium usage

4) Tigers have to find around £25m to increase Welford Road capacity from 16,500 to only 25,000

5) Leicester City continue as tenants indefinitely at Walkers

6) Opportunity to increase stadium capacity to 40,000 with a double decker east stand lost

7) Opportunity to host Olympic and World Cup football lost

8) Opportunity to raise capital against the stadium lost

Well, at least Lisasaurus won't be driven mad by the thought of all that green livery...

wow lisa! i never realised you had so much sway at the club! has tim davis been in touch with you regarding this matter?

for what its worth if its a choice between teachers calling in the debt or the tigers moving in i know which i'd choose

Archived