Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lush

Team v QPR

Maybury is suppousidly two footed.

Maybury is more two footed than most we have, if not the best.

Maybury hasn't got an eye for a quick intelligent pass though lush

What defensive midfielder that we have, has this?

he just likes banging the ball towards De Vries

Who else doesnt do this?

he's also a naturally wide player. He's also a full back

Hes naturally defensive.

Wesolowski's game is all about crunching takles

Not all, just part of. Its about breaking down the opposition and driving forward, which is exactly what we need, but he aint up to it at mo, else he`d have played saturday. Craig was desperate, thats why he played v plymouth.

You think he should play a attacking midfield role? he's more likley to get injured recieving a crunching tackle then dishing one out

So you cant get injured tackling yourself? Hes young and quick enough to skip round potential challenges, and if like you say hes fit enough to go into crunching tackles, he`ll be ok if there coming the other way. Its about preserving the guys strengths for now manwell.

I'd rather Kisnorbo there then Maybury any way at least his a central player.

That explains why your captain of the tizwas crewe ;)

Id rather have Williams

Well theres no pop idol right now ;)

Gudjohnson ( say what you want player of the season :rolleyes: ) playing there as well.

Joey has improved, but not good enough, were 3rd BOTTOM, mainly because we cant score, because were scared to get forward, because we cant break down the oppositions play, because we lack confidence, because players like joey cant tackle well enough, show hunger and desire, create motivation, be a general, inspire our play, because the others dont feel confident in him, because because because.

I think you should let go of this HR Maybury idea, it's never going to happen.

Funny you say that. Kiso gets droped, maybs doesnt play LB or LWB, but instead plays right midfield (not righ wing), second half comes in more, to a more central position, stearman drifted more wide. Due mainly to the fact time was a ticking, and it was about not having a replay. We needed to control the game more, gets things a moving. Just seemed like a natural thing to do.

Lush, i've put this back on here for you but I don't know why i've bothered. Please can you post properly like other people instead of messing up quotes and stuff. Plus stop talking bollocks about Maybury it's boring.

Douglas

Stearman

Dublin

Mcarthy

Sheehan

Weso

Hughes

Williams

Smith

Fryatt

Hume

Subs : Henderson,Gerrbrand,Hammond,Nissa,O,Grady

what do you rekon ?

No problem if you tuck Williams between Weso and Joey and leave Smith free. But I'd rather play two recognised strikers and have Hume in that hole because Smith seems mentally knackered and we will need lots of energy and determination at QPR. O'Grady has that. He's a better centre-forward than Hume and Hume can create havoc backing the front two.

What we'll probably have is the usual suspects like Maybury, Nils and DeVries either slowing everything up and passing to nowhere.

No problem if you tuck Williams between Weso and Joey and leave Smith free. But I'd rather play two recognised strikers and have Hume in that hole because Smith seems mentally knackered and we will need lots of energy and determination at QPR. O'Grady has that. He's a better centre-forward than Hume and Hume can create havoc backing the front two.

What we'll probably have is the usual suspects like Maybury, Nils and DeVries either slowing everything up and passing to nowhere.

Spot on Thrac. Kelly is of the school that will stick to 'experienced' players, the ones that got us in this whole pile of shite.

henderson

nils gerrbrand

smith hughes williams joey

hume hammond devries fryatt

subs douglas dublin kisnorbo stearman maybury

haha :)

Very novel a 2-4-4 a team to salvage a point I see! CL thought of some barmy ideas but throwing Stearman upfront vs Plymouth was like falling on his sword.

Lets try this for all out attack with a 0-6-4 formation:

henderson

smith hughes williams joey dublin weso

hume hammond chambers fryatt

subs douglas kisnorbo stearman nils gerrbrand

---------------------------------------Rab

---------------Gerrbrand------McCarthy----------Nissa or Dubs (I don't actually rate either of them)

Stearman------------------------------------------------------------Sheehan

-------------------------------------Weso

---------------Hughes-------------------------------Hume

-----------------------------------MDV

-----------------------------------------------Fryatt

So does it strike you that maybs plays LB instead of stearman, meaning hes a better player. Most players are one footed, putting a right footed player at LB, is way out of position.

dennis irwin was right footed but played left back for many years, he even did it at international level, so bang goes your argument

Maybury is more two footed than most we have, if not the best.

when ever he uses his left foot he either gives it straight to the oppersition or shanks it into touch, stearman in the 15 mins when he swaped to left back was far better and was comfortable using his left peg, probly because as a left back he is used to using both feet so would be comfortable in the HR, weso is a defensive player and if he is scared of putting his foot in after the injury, he shouldnt be on the pitch in the 1st place, he would of been wary to start with (i speak from personal experience) but after the 1st wack u recieve on it your confidence rises immiediatly and you almost instantly forget it ever happened.

by now that will have happened to weso, so play HIM in the HR no-one else, maybury is currently the 2nd best RB we have so shouldnt be on the pitch unless stearman isn't (or is at CB)

dennis irwin was right footed but played left back for many years, he even did it at international level, so bang goes your argument

when ever he uses his left foot he either gives it straight to the oppersition or shanks it into touch, stearman in the 15 mins when he swaped to left back was far better and was comfortable using his left peg, probly because as a left back he is used to using both feet so would be comfortable in the HR, weso is a defensive player and if he is scared of putting his foot in after the injury, he shouldnt be on the pitch in the 1st place, he would of been wary to start with (i speak from personal experience) but after the 1st wack u recieve on it your confidence rises immiediatly and you almost instantly forget it ever happened.

by now that will have happened to weso, so play HIM in the HR no-one else, maybury is currently the 2nd best RB we have so shouldnt be on the pitch unless stearman isn't (or is at CB)

Just leave it mate, you know ur just going to get one of her stupid replys where she wraps her whole post in a quote, picks apart your post bit by bit with poor structured arguments. Lush will put Alan Maybury in a holding role in her team posts from now till we sell the useless *&(*&%(*% , unless theres another post about the African cup of nations :devil: , what do they do there again Lush?

It doesn't matter what you say, he's not fast enough "he's quicker then most" he hasn't got the abilty to knock a quick ball "but better then most" he's got no left foot "better then most" he's crap in the air "better then most" he's playing absloutley crap and should be dropped on form because he is the main hoof ball culprit along with Nissa. " no he should't hes the bestest player ive ever seen in a Leicester shirt, well better then most"

This coming from somebody who thinks we have a potential fan base of up to 2 million, thought Kisnorbo was going to set our midfield alight, when I told her he was rubbish it just made her like him even more, until it became quite clear he was no midfield player ( which was when this Maybury madness started) :rolleyes:, Oh yes not to mention the post claiming that Niles Eric Johanson was our best player this season around Novemeber time :smile:.

Just ignore.

team tonight

douglas

stearman--macarthy--kisnorbo--johanson

maybury--williams--joey--hughes

--------------hume--fryatt

well atleast kiso is in defence, his better position. no sheehan, which you kind of expect. should be good enough for a draw, but is it a solid team? no weso, no thrust, no desire, little passion in the middle.

no natural wingers, no quality width.

Archived