Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lush

Team v QPR

--------------------douglas

stearman--macarthy--gerrbrand--sheehan

-----------------maybury

hammond----------------weso------smith

------------------hume

---------------------------fryatt

Subs: henderson, johanson, hughes, deep freeze, hamill.

Until we start calming our play, we will continue to suffer mass lack of confidence. We need cool heads, footballing thinkers. I dont see one starter there that hasnt got that in his locker. Free flowing, like minded individuals. Youth in the right places (wide areas), experience/quality in the right places (holding role, centre back, goalkeeper and attack).

We are nothing special, but we CAN be.

Maybury in CM again :D Please explain what on earth he offers to merit this thinking every week.

because he is to lush what kisnorbo was to levein, he was useless on the wing yesterday, so why the hell would he be any better in the holding role

Henderson's injured and has been for a number of weeks, besides I doubt whether now is the time to change the goalie, we need some consistency in the team selection somewhere.

because he is to lush what kisnorbo was to levein, he was useless on the wing yesterday, so why the hell would he be any better in the holding role

the wing and the holding role are fairly different roles! listening to rob kelly yesterday i was impressed with the fact he wanted to play as many players in their correct positions as he could (something CL failed to do) and the right wing was a problem area with sylla being away (it a problem area when sylla isn't away! :ph34r: ) but he obviously doesnt fancy hammond there.

maybury can be good, we saw that last season.

---------------------rab

------gerrbrand mccarthy kisnorbo

-stearman-------------------------sheehan

----------williams (if fit) joey wesso

-----------------hume fryatt

having said that maybury still isn't in my side!

smith has been a lazy twonk for the last few week, strolling over to take corners etc when we needed urgancy!

Smith must be rested,his confidence has visibly drained out of him.It is an absolute tragedy to see how he has deteriorated in recent weeks.If I was Wenger I'd try to recall him before we ruin him forever.Trouble is who to play instead,how long before Tiatto's fit?

-------------------- Douglas

------ Stearman - McCarthy - Johansson

------------------ Gudjonsson

- Wesolowski - Hughes - Williams - Smith

----------------- Hume - Fryatt

Subs: Henderson, Gerrbrand, Dublin, Hammond, O'Grady

Two efforts on goal yesterday, we need to start creating from midfield. So if we went 3-1-4-2, our two most creative midfielders can play together while Joey can sit just behind them. Weso can play all across the midfield and right back, so he can drop back when under pressure and make it a 4 at the back, which gives us this.

-------------------- Douglas

Wesolowski - Stearman - McCarthy - Johansson

Hughes -- Williams -- Gudjonsson -- Smith

----------------- Hume - Fryatt

May work, may not, but nothing's working at the moment and that looks good to me.

Smith must be rested,his confidence has visibly drained out of him.It is an absolute tragedy to see how he has deteriorated in recent weeks.If I was Wenger I'd try to recall him before we ruin him forever.Trouble is who to play instead,how long before Tiatto's fit?

Agreed. I'm surpsied the Whingeing One at Arsenal hasn't intervened. Smudger clearly in need of some tactical and technical refuelling. Not to mention a few days off.

Agreed. I'm surpsied the Whingeing One at Arsenal hasn't intervened. Smudger clearly in need of some tactical and technical refuelling. Not to mention a few days off.

I thought they all had saturday off, well only a couple of them turned up ;)

Douglas;

Stearman, McCarthy, Dublin (if fit), Sheehan (if fit);

Gudjonsson, Williams, Wesolowski;

Hume, Fryatt, O'Grady.

Subs: Maybury, Kisnorbo, Morris (if fit) or Hughes, Smith (to use second half), Chambers.

Apart from Dublin's old head and his ability to control the back line the team goes with youth from one end to the other and ditches the tedious journeymen that have stifled our development for too long.

That team has nine or 10 attack-capable players. It has genuine wing backs, it has speed and mobility and it has strike power.

No-one would be playing out of position and there are young, fit replacements.

Not only would I play this team. I would probably stick with that squad for the rest of the season unless there were any genuinely better loan players to come in.

So now you want to just play the youngest and most inexperienced players?

Can't do any worse admittedly,but whoever plays we will lose.

Defeatist :):):)

Has it not yet been noticed where our wise, older journeymen have led us.

The better players of our season so far have all been young: Stearman, McCarthy, Gudjonsson, Smith and Hume. Now we've got Wesolowski and Fryatt who I am sure will join them, and perhaps O'Grady and Sheehan given chance and from what I've seen of them.

Our board have already cocked up choosing Levein and Kelly (cos he's been a part of the shambles these last 15 months) and now they've got Cotterill supposedly near the top of their managerial list. It beggar's belief.

Is there no-one with any faith left in youth and adventure.

It shouldn't take a bloke of my age to have to champion them but for what it's worth I'd love to be boss of that side.

I'm a realist sadly.

Agree with Dublin at the back as QPR are a team of big strong players that Gerrbrand & McCarthy will struggle to deal with.

Can't see any of our strikers getting a sniff at the other end either with the long balls that will be pumped up to them.

As it's QPR, the priority is to pick players that have a good chance of still being there on the pitch at the end and don't succumb to the dirty underhand tricks that are the trademark of Holloway, why anyone would suggest him as our next manager, and some have I don't know! He sums up all that is wrong with modern day football.

Theres simply no difference between the 2 positions you mention :rolleyes:

As i tried to explain to cobbo last night, we have little motivation, but some players can provide it if their given the chance. Maybs in the HR, can do that. Weso will soon i hope, but until then, we desperately need maybs to feed some LIFE into our play.

As i tried to explain to cobbo last night, we have little motivation, but some players can provide it if their given the chance. Maybs in the HR, can do that. Weso will soon i hope, but until then, we desperately need maybs to feed some LIFE into our play.

he was appauling yesterday, if you must paly a right back there use stearman, he is far better on the ball

I have seen nothing in Maybury's game, even when he was playing well, to suggest that his best position is anything other than right back. Whilst he may be 'adequate' elsewhere, we do have options in the holding role - if we even choose to use one. I can see the point of playing someone out position in an emergency, or for a specific one-off tactical ploy.. I just don't buy the idea that Maybury is worthy of a place in the side as a midfielder. I'd almost sooner have Tiatto - and he's a liability.

Henderson's not an option but I don't think Kisnorbo's a bad centre-back and that's not a bad team. Plenty of attacking potential.

why is henderson "not an option"? rab just doesnt seem mobile enough at times

he was on the bench yesterday

He's only there for emergencies; Kelly said he's got a mysterious ankle injury, obviously not crippling but enough to prevent him being considered for a starting spot.

Archived