Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lush

Team v QPR

Whilst he may be 'adequate' elsewhere, we do have options in the holding role

Those options have failed, and failed miserably. We need change.

napalm, stearman is a decent shout, if we were doing ok, but we need someone with age.

why? stearman is quicker, stronger, better on the ball, can kick with his left foot and can actually shoot.

he is just plain better than maybury however you compare them

I agree. Stearman is easily one of the best players in the team imo. Plus he's young and much more hungry to win than many other players.

Henderson

stearman

kisnorbo

mcarthy

sheehan

hume

joey

weso

smith

fryatt

o'grady

Apart from swapping Kisnorbo for Dion or Gerrbrand then Id go witht this team. I'm not convinced about Hughes on the right though, however there is no one else. When is Sylla back? I don't know how he's doing ion Africa. I'd like to see the new manager come in and get the best out of him, like CL did, in the short term, with Gillespie; because on his day Sylla is the best right winger we've got.

why? stearman is quicker, stronger, better on the ball, can kick with his left foot and can actually shoot.

But we need someone that the other players can look up to, a leader, as much as possible. Its not just about the individuals ability, its what others gather from his all round personality of play. I dont think stearman could motivate our play, better than maybs.

But we need someone that the other players can look up to, a leader, as much as possible. Its not just about the individuals ability, its what others gather from his all round personality of play. I dont think stearman could motivate our play, better than maybs.

maybury isnt a leader though, i seriously doubt smith, williams, hughes or anyone else would listen to a single word he had to say about midfield play, he is a muppet that lost the respect of levein for a recless lunge which earned him a straight red-card.

end your fixation with him, we dont need a holding player as we are at our best when we go all out for the win, a holding player would bring a negative mind set

maybury isnt a leader though, i seriously doubt smith, williams, hughes or anyone else would listen to a single word he had to say about midfield play, he is a muppet that lost the respect of levein for a recless lunge which earned him a straight red-card.

end your fixation with him, we dont need a holding player as we are at our best when we go all out for the win, a holding player would bring a negative mind set

The best teams have a holding role player, keane (man yoo) viera (arsol) Who is our midfield general? We havnt got one, and until we find a leader, we`ll run around like headless chickens like joey and hughes did saturday. Williams does in every game. Your not thinking of maybs ability to do the job, your side tracked by his poor performances when WAY OUT OF POSITION. The HR position is not too disimilar to RB.

Someone tell me a better player for the role, and explain why in footballing and personality terms?

The best teams have a holding role player, keane (man yoo) viera (arsol) Who is our midfield general? We havnt got one, and until we find a leader, we`ll run around like headless chickens like joey and hughes did saturday. Williams does in every game. Your not thinking of maybs ability to do the job, your side tracked by his poor performances when WAY OUT OF POSITION. The HR position is not too disimilar to RB.

Someone tell me a better player for the role, and explain why in footballing and personality terms?

left back and right back are hardly worlds apart in fact most full backs can play either (though not always equally). so he isn't exactly WAY OUT OF POSITION as you put it.

a holding player needs to be strong in the tackle (which he is), a good passer (which he isn't) and comfortable kicking with either foot (which he definitely isn't). he is a decent right back but stearman is better. he should not be used in any other position. IF we must have a holding player use either stearman or wesolowski other wise dont bother as no one else is good enough, with the possible exception of tiatto (if he were more disciplined)

Stearman is doing well in his position, and still learning. I'd leave him there. Maybury is fine in his tackling, he might not have the best distribution but with decent attack-minded defenders behind him (Stearman, Gerrbrand and even Kisnorbo, if he get's played back where he's at his best) that's good enough for where we are. Right midfield and left back are more of a worry.

Gosh, this thread reminds me of how much we miss somebody like Billy McKinlay :cry:

If we had someone of his calibre at the minute we would look a much better side , he was a tremendous player in the time he played for us , worked so hard and did'nt get as much praise as he should have.

Oh Billy Billy!!

------------------- Douglas ----------------------

Stearman - McCarthy - Gerrbrand - Sheehan

Elvis ------- Joey --------- Weso ------- Smith

------------- Fryatt ---------Hume -------------

That's the team that's going to give us the best options going forward while still offering a defensive edge.

Okay, so there's very little 'maturity' in there, instead there is a bucket load of skill, arrogance and guts. This is what I think we need to start pulling things back around. Just the amount of pace in the front six should put most teams on the back foot if we play to the strengths of that selection of players.

Douglas

Stearman -- Gerrbrand -- McCarthy

Hammond -- Hughes -- Weso -- Williams

-- Hume --

Fryatt -- O'Grady

I'm no expert on Williams' abilities - could he be played on the left, I don't know personally, but I think if Smith is ineffective, he shouldn't continue to play - not from the go anyway.

The bench would consist of Sheehan, De Vries, Henderson, Smith and Kisnorbo.

I'd hope this was a far cry from a defensive/cautious line up.

It's time to throw caution into the wind, we clearly can't defend any more, so we've gotta send every man and his dog racing for the opposition goal

:yesyes:

As it's QPR, the priority is to pick players that have a good chance of still being there on the pitch at the end and don't succumb to the dirty underhand tricks that are the trademark of Holloway, why anyone would suggest him as our next manager, and some have I don't know! He sums up all that is wrong with modern day football.

plus he's all mouth and speaks like a feckin farmer. i dont want that

Defeatist :):):)

Has it not yet been noticed where our wise, older journeymen have led us.

The better players of our season so far have all been young: Stearman, McCarthy, Gudjonsson, Smith and Hume. Now we've got Wesolowski and Fryatt who I am sure will join them, and perhaps O'Grady and Sheehan given chance and from what I've seen of them.

Our board have already cocked up choosing Levein and Kelly (cos he's been a part of the shambles these last 15 months) and now they've got Cotterill supposedly near the top of their managerial list. It beggar's belief.

Is there no-one with any faith left in youth and adventure.

It shouldn't take a bloke of my age to have to champion them but for what it's worth I'd love to be boss of that side.

Look Thrac at the minute we need points and it doesn't matter how we get them. Steve Cotterill is one of the most promising up and coming managers in England. Just because he's played 4-5-1 a few times vs Leicester ( which by the way is down to his lack of strikers more then it is his defensive attitude )Doesn't mean he's a bad manager. Right now I don't care how we win just as long we do. I know you love you're entertainment, but unfortuantley we can't lose 4-3 every week like you want to. Otherwise we will be going down.

For a such a boring manager his teams seem to score quite alot of goals, alot more then us thats for certain.

Coterill is too good for us and we would be extremly lucky to have him. Unfrotuantely we wont get him

left back and right back are hardly worlds apart in fact most full backs can play either (though not always equally). so he isn't exactly WAY OUT OF POSITION as you put it.

a holding player needs to be strong in the tackle (which he is), a good passer (which he isn't) and comfortable kicking with either foot (which he definitely isn't). he is a decent right back but stearman is better. he should not be used in any other position. IF we must have a holding player use either stearman or wesolowski other wise dont bother as no one else is good enough, with the possible exception of tiatto (if he were more disciplined)

So does it strike you that maybs plays LB instead of stearman, meaning hes a better player. Most players are one footed, putting a right footed player at LB, is way out of position.

Your saying the HR should pass like a macalister or a hoddle, lets be reasonable here. Not even lennon or savage passed the ball great. Maybs should only need pass it 3,5,10 yards or so.

Who else have we got to play HR, who can kick with two feet the best?

So now your saying maybs shouldnt play. Thats ridiculous.

Weso has just come back from a nighmare injury, you can expect him/risk him to go into crunching chalenges just yet, hes not old enough or experienced enough right now. In 1/2 months time, if weve gained our confidence and look certs to stay up, and hes looking good injury wise, then yes, play him there, hes not jesus you know.

So does it strike you that maybs plays LB instead of stearman, meaning hes a better player. Most players are one footed, putting a right footed player at LB, is way out of position.

Your saying the HR should pass like a macalister or a hoddle, lets be reasonable here. Not even lennon or savage passed the ball great. Maybs should only need pass it 3,5,10 yards or so.

Who else have we got to play HR, who can kick with two feet the best?

So now your saying maybs shouldnt play. Thats ridiculous.

Weso has just come back from a nighmare injury, you can expect him/risk him to go into crunching chalenges just yet, hes not old enough or experienced enough right now. In 1/2 months time, if weve gained our confidence and look certs to stay up, and hes looking good injury wise, then yes, play him there, hes not jesus you know.

Got a good point at the top, although as I have said before, Maybury is suppousidly two footed. Looks like a bit of a myth however.

Maybury hasn't got an eye for a quick intelligent pass though lush, he just likes banging the ball towards De Vries, he's also a naturally wide player. He's also a full back :huh: . Wesolowski's game is all about crunching takles :unsure: you have to remember he wouldn't be allowed to play until there was as little risk of a reccurance as there ever will be, It's his natural positon he should be allowed to play there, You think he should play a attacking midfield role? he's more likley to get injured recieving a crunching tackle then dishing one out :doh: . I'd rather Kisnorbo there then Maybury any way at least his a central player. Id rather have Williams or Gudjohnson ( say what you want player of the season :rolleyes: ) playing there as well. I think you should let go of this HR Maybury idea, it's never going to happen.

Archived