Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cobbo

Reserves tonight

Stowell was in the stands, but Kelly wasn't. Beaglehole was the coach tonight.

Louis Dodds scored two good goals in the first half, followed by King, with Mornar scoring twice for Pompey one which was a definite handball in the run up to the goal making it 3-2 at half time. Leicester just dominated the first half and could have had 5 goals. Second half was dominated by Pompey but Max Gradel made it 4-2, and then Pompey scored two late on to make it 4-4.

The lads played really well, I was well impressed by Dodds because he just showed what a great finish he has. All the scouts that turned up (there were quite a few) will no doubt be reporting back to their teams to sign Doddsy after todays performance. Gradel impressed me with his skill, but his final balls lacked quality. Sheehan wasn't that great, just kept hoofing it up to the strikers and more often than not just booted it out of play, showed again why he isn't quite ready to play in the first team. Hamill was unbelievably shit - if he is "one for the future" (as CL said), then god help us.

And it was bloody cold!

We all see things differently I suppose. Sheehan made City's first goal with a precision long pass, I believe he had a hand in one of the next two, City led 3-2 at the break and could easily have been 5-1 ahead what with the chances they had and Portsmouth's goals being decidedly suspect. Sheehan then got injured and Pompey pulled back to level in the closing stages.

Archived