Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sparky

leeds at home

Tigers Forced to Change Worcester Date

Leicester Tigers have been forced to switch their Guinness Premiership fixture against Worcester Warriors to Friday February 17th, kick off 7.45pm.

The Grounds Safety Advisory Committee has instructed the club to take this course of action as Leicester City are playing Leeds United at 3pm the following day in a high risk “category c†fixture.

Leicester Tigers managing director David Clayton said: “We have no choice in this matter as it is the opinion of the police that there is a high likelihood of public disorder and a considerable risk to public safety.

“As soon as it became clear that Leicester City would be at home on this date, following their exit from the FA Cup, we asked the police to consider allowing us to kick off at a later time on the Saturday. However, one of their main concerns is that there could be disturbances around the city at the same time as our supporters are leaving Welford Road and this could significantly slow down their response time.

“I’m sorry if this has inconvenienced any of our supporters, but this is due to circumstances outside of our control.â€Â

Tigers Forced to Change Worcester Date

Leicester Tigers have been forced to switch their Guinness Premiership fixture against Worcester Warriors to Friday February 17th, kick off 7.45pm.

The Grounds Safety Advisory Committee has instructed the club to take this course of action as Leicester City are playing Leeds United at 3pm the following day in a high risk “category c” fixture.

Leicester Tigers managing director David Clayton said: “We have no choice in this matter as it is the opinion of the police that there is a high likelihood of public disorder and a considerable risk to public safety.

“As soon as it became clear that Leicester City would be at home on this date, following their exit from the FA Cup, we asked the police to consider allowing us to kick off at a later time on the Saturday. However, one of their main concerns is that there could be disturbances around the city at the same time as our supporters are leaving Welford Road and this could significantly slow down their response time.

“I’m sorry if this has inconvenienced any of our supporters, but this is due to circumstances outside of our control.”

Makes a change the Tigers having to change dates, its nearly always us that has to.

must be a real pride to their club this reputation leeds supporters have. racist thugs who cause trouble where ever , maybe they should be sent to coventry :whistle:

makes me wonder how the decent supporters up there feel about their rep ?

All those L1 wannabes will be soiling themselves because those morons form Yorkshire will be looking for anyone who looks like a chav. People of Leeds don't take kindly to taunts about the 2 boys in Istanbul, which is ironic as they seem to think it is ok to sing the Munich song <_<

Makes a change the Tigers having to change dates, its nearly always us that has to.

:unsure: Normally Plod loves the chance to move this fixture to a 'safer' time and day.

:unsure: Normally Plod loves the chance to move this fixture to a 'safer' time and day.

I think they must fancy a weekend of riot training, get the batons out and crack a few skulls. They love it, that is why there is no complaints from them when you have May Day or G8, a chance to whack some tree hugging soap dodgers :whistle:

But we had to change coventry game for them so it's swings & roundabouts

I think the point Lush is making (Correct me if i am wrong) is that it is because there is trouble expected from football supporters every time, it's never the rugby.

I think the point Lush is making (Correct me if i am wrong) is that it is because there is trouble expected from football supporters every time, it's never the rugby.

absolutely, its a football problem. why should rugby suffer because we/police cannot control some supporters

what was the reason for that?

same reason as this one, it was a category c game so they were expecting trouble. Difference on that occasion was that Tigers were playing a Heineken Cup match (I think), which couldn't be moved so we had to move ours.

and rightly so andy. its beneficial for us to play sunday, as we have a game the previous mid week, and no game until the following saturday.

whos for 6.30pm sunday night lol

I don't know whether you're contrary on purpose or if you genuinely are obstinate.

I don't know whether you're contrary on purpose or if you genuinely are obstinate.

Lush could start an arguement in an empty room. It's just unfortunate that empty room appears to contain a computer with internet connection

Firstly, Lisa isn't intolerant.

Secondly, being a bit intolerant doesn't automatically make you a fascist.

Thirdly, you're a right bitch.

1, shes prooved it many a time, and so in her last post to me.

2, look up fascism :rolleyes:

3, your ingnorant.

Archived