Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
willy37

we need to keep rob/mike

surely with 2 wins in a row(for the 1st time this season) and with another realistic 6 points within the next week wouldnt it make sense to keep rob kelly til the end of the season?? i mean i dont know hes done or how, but they look like a changed team to me, that guys done wonders for their confidence and hes gotta be the man to keep us in this league. My only worry is the board dont feel the same.

My only worry is that if Rob Kelly is given it until the end of the season it will feel like a massive anti-climax. My brain is going in to overdrive at the possibiity of a new manager and if it ends with them saying 'we're pleased to announce that Rob Kelly will be appointed as manager unti, the end of the season' then i'll feel deflated and pissed off.

I'm not saying that Kelly shouldn't get it, but it's like being linked with a new striker a really good one, but he doesn't sign, then your linked with another one and he doesn't sign, so in the end you decide to give your current striker a few more quid and see if that sorts the situation out.

Boring.

surely with 2 wins in a row(for the 1st time this season) and with another realistic 6 points within the next week wouldnt it make sense to keep rob kelly til the end of the season?? i mean i dont know hes done or how, but they look like a changed team to me, that guys done wonders for their confidence and hes gotta be the man to keep us in this league. My only worry is the board dont feel the same.

Its ALL about R Kelly

This job should not be about experience, its about PASSION for LCFC and helping the players dig deep. Its also about picking the right players for the right games. I want Kelly in!! Then Lennon in the close season!!

Looks like the best choice i'd say. Keep them on until the end of the season!

Has anyone noticed it says for the time being to do with newell? maybe he is waiting till we are safe as he doesn't want to have a relegation on his CV?

and what happens if we lose our next two games and we end up back in the drop zone.

I can see alot of people deciding they want Kelly gone as quickly as they decided that they wanted him in.

What if we gat a new manager and the same thing happens?

i say we keep them atleast to the end of the season! he has done something to give us and the players hope, he and the team have won games which gives us hope then theres what he has done with the players, we wont know what that is but he has done something special and i beleive he has made them beleive in themselves and realise they must play for the fans who love them!! can another manager come in and do that?? we keep rob and mike we save money!! we could get in a new manager who may be the complete and utter downfall for us this season!!

What if we gat a new manager and the same thing happens?

we do what Leicester City do best and sack him. :rolleyes:

I didn't say I didn't want Kelly in. I was pointing out certain fickle suppourters will want a long term replacement for him installed ASAP in we lose two in a row. The same ones that want to offer him a three year deal now.

we do what Leicester City do best and sack him. :rolleyes:

I didn't say I didn't want Kelly in. I was pointing out certain fickle suppourters will want a long term replacement for him installed ASAP in we lose two in a row. The same ones that want to offer him a three year deal now.

Fair play!!!

I think kelly is quickly becoming our only option, the last thing we now want to do is get in a management dinosaur like the Monkey heads of this world, I think if Kelly keeps doing what he is doing, and then we look at the manager role again in the summer, I think we will be a bit more of an attractive option if we have kept our championship status, rather than the spector of relegation which hangs (less and less I may add) over us at the moment .

and what happens if we lose our next two games and we end up back in the drop zone.

I can see alot of people deciding they want Kelly gone as quickly as they decided that they wanted him in.

A very good question.

I also wonder if the Kelly situation has affected the thinking of either Cotterill or, particularly, Newell.

Keep the existing staff or replace them - in both cases, there's a serious danger we'll hit the rocks, hard, and slip back into the relegation zone.

So don't give me this cr*p about being worried about our form slipping - it's always a worry, management doesn't have that much to do with it really.

I think, so far, what's made Kelly's job a lot easier is the 'keep guessing' situation of his position - am I in charge for Brighton? Derby? etc. He's 'taking each day as it comes' to use the old cliche, and that probably removes a whole ton of pressure from him. So perhaps look at recruiting a highly experienced coach to work alongside Kelly/Stowell to give them support (two coaches is a bit slim I'd have thought) - all the while not letting on to Kelly that he's going to remain until the end of the season.

Keep the existing staff or replace them - in both cases, there's a serious danger we'll hit the rocks, hard, and slip back into the relegation zone.

So don't give me this cr*p about being worried about our form slipping - it's always a worry, management doesn't have that much to do with it really.

I think, so far, what's made Kelly's job a lot easier is the 'keep guessing' situation of his position - am I in charge for Brighton? Derby? etc. He's 'taking each day as it comes' to use the old cliche, and that probably removes a whole ton of pressure from him. So perhaps look at recruiting a highly experienced coach to work alongside Kelly/Stowell to give them support (two coaches is a bit slim I'd have thought) - all the while not letting on to Kelly that he's going to remain until the end of the season.

Give Kelly two more games and see what they bring before we panic. I'm all for keeping Kelly. If we are so desperate to bring in someone let it be someone to help him till the end of the season.

You have to ask... could a new manager do any better. It may have an unsettling effect especially now Newell has turned us down. The players will start to think whoever is appointed is second or third best. Fryatt wants Kelly and I suspect so do a lot of the other players. If stays till the end of the season and keeps us up he should be offered at least a one year contract.

Give Kelly two more games and see what they bring before we panic. I'm all for keeping Kelly. If we are so desperate to bring in someone let it be someone to help him till the end of the season.

You have to ask... could a new manager do any better. It may have an unsettling effect especially now Newell has turned us down. The players will start to think whoever is appointed is second or third best. Fryatt wants Kelly and I suspect so do a lot of the other players. If stays till the end of the season and keeps us up he should be offered at least a one year contract.

Unsettling? Maybe, maybe not.

Think about it from this perspective: the team has been turned down by a manager. Does this mean the team itself isn't good enough? Time to prove yourselves, lads. It probably works both ways - well we got turned down, but we'll show that pr*ck we're better than he thinks.

I was interested to read Fryatt's opinion regarding Kelly - suprised me a little. But then again, Kelly has been the manager for most of Fryatt's time here. :thumbup:

Archived