Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thin_King

Give kelly till The End Of the Season

In light of recent events:

-Newell turning us down

-Cotterill turning us down

-Blackwell turning us down

-Billy Davies turning us down

I hereby declare that, whilst Kelly and Stowey are doing the business, we leave them in charge till the end of the season, IT SURELY MUST BE BETTER THAN BRINGING THAT CRAP IAN HOLLOWAY IN!!! QPR REJECT,

I agree with you Thin_King.

IMHO the players seem to be responding well to the Kelly/Stowell partnership and with two wins from two league games, what more can you ask?

Bringing someone else in now might unsteady the lads for a couple of games - we haven't got a couple of games to waste at this stage of the season whilst another manager 'finds his feet'.

Leave it alone now. Nobody knew for certain which way it was going to go once CL was removed and nobody knows what would happen if a new guy was appointed. We can only go on the fact that nobody could have done as well as Messrs Kelly and Stowell in the last two games.

I'm fully behind LCFC whatever they do but at this stage I would like to see us stick with the current set-up for the remainder of the season and then take stock of the situation in May (once we've seen our way through the play-offs :D ). If the board feels that a new man is required in May then try to get someone in as early as possible to give them pre-season to sort the wheat from the chaff.

So much depends on the game at Brighton tomorrow. Win and I reckon they'll appoint Kelly.They can always look for some experienced short term support over the following couple of weeks.

Lose and they may well be tempted to to panic into going for Holloway in the face of general opposition from many fans as we'll be back in the bottom three.

Draw and probably nothing more will happen before the Derby game when the result of that one becomes all important.

Ther's no way now that any of the up and coming managers in Division 1 will be tempted to come here before the summer (if we stay up) until their respective clubs' fortunes are decided.

Let's face it.

Forget past history - recent or otherwise, we are sitting at the bottom of the Championship with very little in the way of money, what better a time to TRY out an inexperienced manager?

Bigger clubs have tried it in the Premier League and have been successful. You never know, Kelly could be the best manager in the country, unless we give him the opportunity we'll never know.

I too agree. Rob Kelly is in my opinion the perfect transition boss, and should be given a fair go. Ok, luck could change any second, but he has changed the attitude and confidence of the players tremendously, and is one of the few men that could make an impact on the players with such short notice and with so much on the line.

Who knows what will happen in close season (Penney? Holloway? Heath?), but in the meantime, the nice, composed form the team seems to have at the moment suits me just fine.

I love that picture of Rob Kelly, it's like he's never seen a camera before.

A childlike curiosity mixed with surprise.

Hehe. No, it is a common expression for him to have...

I'd say "childlike" is a very fitting adjective there.

Let's face it.

Forget past history - recent or otherwise, we are sitting at the bottom of the Championship with very little in the way of money, what better a time to TRY out an inexperienced manager?

Bigger clubs have tried it in the Premier League and have been successful. You never know, Kelly could be the best manager in the country, unless we give him the opportunity we'll never know.

Frankly, I cannot see any reasons against letting him have a good go at the manager job!

Keep him in!

Archived