Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mat_j101

Sylla or not

It sounded like Sylla was pretty poor today, and I really dont think he has ever been that good for Leicester. He has a lot of tricks, but only uses them some of the time as he is so lazy, and can't really cross the ball very well. :mad::mad::mad:

I dont see why we dont start Hughes on the right and Smith on the left.

Just wondered what everyone else thinks about it.

Sylla being started could possibly be down to a lack of options.

Maybury suspended and Williams and Smith both ill - if you wanted Hughes to go right, you'd need a left mid and only Smith fit the bill today - and he didn't manage much more than 30 minutes.

If Williams and Smith are well again for Tuesday, and Maybury returns from suspension, it will be very interesting to see if Sylla lines up again.

Maybe we'll see a midfield with four of the following:

Maybury, Smith, Williams, Hughes, Joey

Perhaps we will revert to the middle four used in the previous games with Williams replacing Weso.

Who would you bring in to replace Joey G? And Douglas???

How long is Weso supposed to be out? I know RK said that he was going back to City for evaluation and etc., just curious. Did Smith do anything of note against Brighton?

No, Smithy was ill and had to be taken off fter being a sub himself. Apparently Weso will probably not be ready for Tuesday (Derby).

Sylla is an absolute shithouse. He has done absolutely zilch since joining the club. He completely undermimes what the current team are starting to do recently which is fight for the club and play with passion. He is a disgrace to the shirt. I dont like the guy at all and god knows how he ever got in the celtic side.

:mad:

Who would you bring in to replace Joey G? And Douglas???

How long is Weso supposed to be out? I know RK said that he was going back to City for evaluation and etc., just curious. Did Smith do anything of note against Brighton?

well from what I have been told besides having a go at Kelly after the final whistle, throwing his shirt on the floor and stamping on it while behaving like a child, not really!!!!

Hughes looked massively out of place on the right, I didn't like that at all. The frustrating thing about Sylla is that early on he looked alright. I went to the friendly against Inter at the start of the year and he looked alright - was whipping in some nice looking crosses and that. But his league form's pretty diabolical really.

well from what I have been told besides having a go at Kelly after the final whistle, throwing his shirt on the floor and stamping on it while behaving like a child, not really!!!!

Really? If that's true you have to ask what on earth is going on with Smith and Kelly?

Really? If that's true you have to ask what on earth is going on with Smith and Kelly?

IMO if that's the sort of attitude he has when everyone else is working hard and putting in the effort then I am afraid it has to be :wave: bye bye Ryan Smith great player or not

sylla- no desire or effort

maybury- is a right back. no attacking quality

im positive elvis would be awesome at right wing, hes so fast and likes running at people, he just cant shoot. which is even more of a case 2 put him on the wing :)

Please note that Alan Maybury made his name as a midfielder early on in his career and was also labelled "THE NEW.....(place fantastic legendary midfielder here)...." when he first joined leeds in his teens, I have no idea why though, he doesnt have any quality in there, a bit like Kisnorbo.

Fans have been saying Sylla's a dead loss for ages but Levein/Kelly still seem inclined to pick him.

I was briefly discussing wingers with a local scribe (not BA) and he mocked me for saying City haven't got any wingers and I suppose he was right in a way because I had forgotten about Ryan Smith (but he isn't really ours is he).

The reality is that it is that both of our club wingers, Sylla and Hamill have been awful from what I have seen so far and have barely got a goal or assist between them all season. Smith, talented though he unquestionably is, has not really done much better in terms of effect which baffles me really.

It is a weakness which City need to address and the sooner the better.

half decent against inter meelan. very good against sheff utd at home end of november (maybe?) awfull everywhere else. needs to buck his ideas up if he wants to play for us.

and as for Ryan Smith. before xmas i thought he was a god-send, a legend in the making maybe. since then it hasnt been the same, we've seen nothing from him for a while even when he has played! and if hes stamping on the shirt he should be punished, he doesnt even belong to us and he is disrespecting our club. he might want to remember we are helping him as much as he may help us. i hope the rumuors arent true though.

half decent against inter meelan. very good against sheff utd at home end of november (maybe?) awfull everywhere else. needs to buck his ideas up if he wants to play for us.

and as for Ryan Smith. before xmas i thought he was a god-send, a legend in the making maybe. since then it hasnt been the same, we've seen nothing from him for a while even when he has played! and if hes stamping on the shirt he should be punished, he doesnt even belong to us and he is disrespecting our club. he might want to remember we are helping him as much as he may help us. i hope the rumuors arent true though.

Agreed.

There's no room in our team for anyone as childish as that - it's a team effort, and if you're clearly not playing effectively, you've got to come off the pitch and let someone else play. If you can't accept that, you need to find yourself another club. If the shouting at Kelly and the shirt stamping is true, then he has to be punished somehow - fine him (if that's possible with loan players) or terminate his loan (so he can stew away in the Arsenal reserves).

Archived