Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Birch'sLeftBoot

Lee and Pleat in Chairman's Box...

Im not sure - mixed opinions. On the one hand, i originally thought Kelly needed a good coach, and maybe a D of F. However, Kelly seems to be handling the media side and everything fine, so i dont think we need a D of F now.

As for Lee, i can only assume we definately need a new coach in as two went with Levein, so we must be short, and Lee would be fine im sure.

What could be good is that I don't think that Lee or Pleat would put any undue pressure on Kelly, and could truly assist the guy as opposed to head-hunting RK for the job. Pleat didn't want to take over Spurs, I think, when Hoddle was canned. He seems more adept at playing an assisting role and being more of an administrator or team boss as opposed to first team manager. A world of knowledge, though, and I think he would be great as a DoF. Lee, both based on his friendship/experience with RK and knowledge of this league and transfer system/scouting could be invaluable. I like the idea tremendously. Don't get much more qualified than those two...

Pleat no thank you not ever in any capacity. If we are talking about Colin Lee, just what credentials does this guy have.

No to both, why are people even considering people that have been round the block more times than the New Kids and have failed time and again.

There's plenty of 'experts' out there that Kelly can get advice from on transfers etc, without forking out £100's grand a year. What he needs is some assistance with the coaching, not some fancy dan DOF. Crappy idea.

Pleat no thank you not ever in any capacity. If we are talking about Colin Lee, just what credentials does this guy have.

No to both, why are people even considering people that have been round the block more times than the New Kids and have failed time and again.

There's plenty of 'experts' out there that Kelly can get advice from on transfers etc, without forking out £100's grand a year. What he needs is some assistance with the coaching, not some fancy dan DOF. Crappy idea.

Pleat is past it, IMO. But still knows the game. I wouldn't be against it if it happened, but I wouldn't be cheering up and down with a pint in hand either. :unsure:

Dunno...I do think we may see Colin Lee here in some capacity, but another name I throw to the forum is Mick Harford, who has been wildly popular as an assistant and generally is good on the training pitch. He was fired as manager at Rotherham, but was popular as an assistant at spells at Forest and Luton before...

Colin Lee - yes ! Rob Kelly has it on record what a good relationship he had with Lee at Wolves when he was Youth Team Coach there and Colin Lee was Manager. I think that counts for a lot - and Rob would welcome help from someone he knows and who has some experience in the game.

No to Pleat in any way shape or form.

The guy is a joke,cannot pronounce the name of most players and has failed at virtually every job he's ever had.

(and he's a dirty ol' perv)

He turns up whenever there is a sniff of a job going. Surely we cant have him back after the way he left before.

I actually agree with you Dave :eek: taking these dinosuars on would be a huge backwards step.

Let's get some coaches in that have experience as coaches and let Rob learn his own way in managment.

Pleat = disaster area. Steer clear at ALL costs. Although he did ring me up once after I sent him a letter describing how we could beat Bristol Rovers (first match of the season). The ex- took the call and said "It's Pleaty on the blower". Couldn't believe it. Mind you after beating the Gas Heads 3-2 we went onto lose 8 in a row I think. He should have signed me up as a correspondent coach, might have gone on to great things then.

Archived