Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Birch'sLeftBoot

Connolly to Direby?

Do we know if we get the extra million just by Wigan staying up?
Yes, and we also get the extra million if Wigan are relegated then promoted within two or three seasons, or something. Probably the best bit of business this board has done.

If you had Connolly alongside either Hume or Fryatt you would be witnessing something quite spectacular. No player works harder at his game than Connolly and no player in recent years worked harder for the Club.

I too doubt that he'd go out on loan.

Agreed! I didn't know up until a while ago that Connolly used to get to training before all the other players and would also stay on and do extra work on his finishing and other stuff well after all the other players went home.

He was a little disappointing last season, but I still thought he was our best player and his scoring ability shone through towards the end of the season and at the start of this season. I'm sure he scored something like 11 league goals in his last 15 matches, which was pretty impressive. It was just that it took him 11 games before he got 1 goal and then that didn't really set him off.

Not worth £3 million, but definately quality at this level.

Yes, and we also get the extra million if Wigan are relegated then promoted within two or three seasons, or something. Probably the best bit of business this board has done.

Thanks Lisa (and MONreborn), the deal seemed too good to be true so I was suspicious. That being the case then I have no feeling about him getting loaned out or not - I never really warmed to him when he was here.

If you had Connolly alongside either Hume or Fryatt you would be witnessing something quite spectacular. No player works harder at his game than Connolly and no player in recent years worked harder for the Club.

I too doubt that he'd go out on loan.

We've got Chris O'Grady now and Ashley Chambers/Louis Dodds/Eric Odhiambo coming through. Let's go forward and be glad we got the reported £3m for him, assuming, as louise says, that the extra million really is due to us.

So, you wouldn't want Connolly back?

Connolly's best postion would of been behind the front two. Whilst he was a good player, he was never going to score us 25+ goals a season.

I think Fryatt looks capable of that at this level though.

Archived