Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Graydon's Impressed

Graydon

Incoming Leicester City coach Ray Graydon has hailed the team's "fantastic spirit" after the gutsy Championship draw against Leeds.

Graydon was a spectator as City took a point against their promotion-chasing rivals, despite playing 80 minutes with 10 men.

And the former Walsall and Bristol Rovers boss, who yesterday joined the club as a coach, revealed he was impressed with what he saw.

"If you know anything about football you would have seen fantastic spirit against Leeds," he said. "They went 1-0 up a few minutes in, then a goal against and down to 10 men against a team going for promotion.

"You couldn't back Leicester at that stage but they dug in and if you run the video to the end they had some chances to win it as well."

The Mercury revealed yesterday that Graydon was joining the City coaching staff to give new boss Rob Kelly some much-needed help and experience.

Graydon was immediately involved on the training ground, taking Iain Hume, Matty Fryatt and Chris O'Grady through finishing exercises.

Afterwards, he said that his goal was to help ensure City are playing Championship football again next season.

"I am here to work with Rob and Mike, not to stand on anyone's toes," said the 58-year-old.

"I don't have an ego, I want to help. I have some experience and I will do what I can to help Leicester get to that Sunday at the end of the season where we are kicking off at 1.30pm at St Mary's and making sure we are still in this league."

Meanwhile, City now have a free week in which to recover from their weekend's exertions and prepare for Saturday's trip to Ipswich.

And Kelly has warned his players not to get carried away by the eight-point cushion they have opened up over the bottom three.

"We opened up that gap pretty quickly and it can close just as quickly," he said.

"Ipswich have been doing well recently and will have their eye on the play-offs, so it will be a tough game, as will a few others coming up. It is a really hard run-in."

Richard Stearman and Ryan Smith, scheduled to be in the Football League Under-21 squad to play Italy's Serie B at Hull tonight, have both withdrawn through injury. Stearman has an ankle problem and Smith a thigh knock.

Finishing exercises with all strikers but not Hammond, can anone see or think why not? he hasn't been in the sqaud recently.

Looks like an early morning getting down to Southampton.

Or they've realised that his finishing is woeful beyond help.

:D:D:thumbup::D

Seriously though he really is a poor finisher. Kelly seems to have little time for him or for Sylla or Smith (although both maybe injured). I agree with this as I think they are three of our most disapointing players, especially, so often, Smith and Sylla's lack of effort.

smith hasnt been fit and was playing poorly, as for elvis i think he could make a decent winger and he has good control and bags of pace, am i alone in this?

i'm not so sure about the good control for hammond, though his pace does allow him to cover for a dodgey touch. he's clearly not a natural finisher, and should really have been groomed as a winger many years ago.what were fulham playing at??? With hammond it just seems like a wasted career at the moment. 25 year old striker and has hardly scored any goals or really established himself at any club. i think all he will ever be is a squad player at this club, which is sad, but i would like to see him move on to a club where he will play every week. he should have been shaped as a right winger, the opposite to henry in that respect. shame.

Archived