Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Darth Fox

So If Man For Man England Have A Squad That's...

I think it's irrelevant that there are no English players in the last 8 and it's not strictly true as Arsenal do have some English players they are just either injured or too young.

I know your a sweaty and you can't accept that we are a superior nation when it comes to sport, but even you have to admit that we have a decent chance of winning the World Cup.

I still think Brazil are too much for us, but anything can happen in a game. Spain and Italy are massive under-achievers abit like England. Holland are a mystery and France are on their way out.

Argentina are due some revenge on England, but out of all the top nations we seem to have the armoury to beat them when we play them.

Man for man on paper we have one of the best squad of players, we have the 2nd best player in the world according to the World Player of The Year Award. We have the best youngster in the world in Wayne Rooney and several other world class players, but I have to admit England are bottlers at most sports and it will take a special team with mental resolve to win us the World Cup. I can't see any reason why this lot can't but there are probably 4 or 5 other nations who think that aswell.

I think it's irrelevant that there are no English players in the last 8 and it's not strictly true as Arsenal do have some English players they are just either injured or too young.

I know your a sweaty and you can't accept that we are a superior nation when it comes to sport, but even you have to admit that we have a decent chance of winning the World Cup.

I still think Brazil are too much for us, but anything can happen in a game. Spain and Italy are massive under-achievers abit like England. Holland are a mystery and France are on their way out.

Argentina are due some revenge on England, but out of all the top nations we seem to have the armoury to beat them when we play them.

Man for man on paper we have one of the best squad of players, we have the 2nd best player in the world according to the World Player of The Year Award. We have the best youngster in the world in Wayne Rooney and several other world class players, but I have to admit England are bottlers at most sports and it will take a special team with mental resolve to win us the World Cup. I can't see any reason why this lot can't but there are probably 4 or 5 other nations who think that aswell.

I think we will have an outsider win it like Greece did at Euro 2004!

Ashley Cole, Theo Walcott and Sol Campbell are all part of a squad that've reached the last 8 of the quarter finals!! :P

We have a very good chance of winnign the world cup and IMO the only team we need to stop is Brazil.

No English players involved in the Last 8 of Champions League. Don't you think the press are bigging u up yet again?

That's a ridiculous statement to make!

If Rooney or Owen were playing for Liverpool last night, they would arguably have gone through and Manchester United are only missing a world class midfielder like Lampard or Gerrard to be one of the best in Europe.

Club success has never guarenteed international success and visa versa.

So go and see a doctor about having that chip on your shoulder removed, Stop be bitter, get behind and enjoy watching the only home nation side in the tournament :rolleyes:

I never said you weren't superior to Scotland at Sport. As nations Scotland and England have both been far more succesful over history than they should have. Both nations are skilled at certain sports. You have to remember Scotland is only a mere 4.5 million people and for Celtic to once win a European Cup with only home grown players, Aberdeen win ECWC against real Madrid, Dundee Utd having a 100% record at the Nou Camp. Rangers also achieved a lot this season in Europe and actually went out battling unlike the millionaire ponces of Chelski. I'm just saying be realistic with your hopes at the World Cup and don't get mad if you lose. Yes England have some cracking players but already some of them are looking tired with our 50+ game season in England so it might be a tall order. You need to have the team spirit of the Greeks or Northern Ireland and overcome.

That's a ridiculous statement to make!

If Rooney or Owen were playing for Liverpool last night, they would arguably have gone through and Manchester United are only missing a world class midfielder like Lampard or Gerrard to be one of the best in Europe.

Club success has never guarenteed international success and visa versa.

So go and see a doctor about having that chip on your shoulder removed, Stop be bitter, get behind and enjoy watching the only home nation side in the tournament :rolleyes:

Answer honestly Allen. Do you think Scots, Welsh, Irish people are inferior to English? No dodging the question just a Yes or NO.

Well as a Scotsman living in Wales married to a Welshwoman my answer would be NO

Okay no probs. We'll just have to wait and see what the world cup brings. Hopefully more exciting football than Barca vs Chelski on Tuesday.

So England are a immeaserably worse side than last year when we had the Liverpool and Chelsea players in the Champions league semi-finals are we?

Rooney, Beckham, Terry, Lampard, Cole, are bad players because their club sides lost a couple of games in Europe? :blink:

Lets get realistic here. England are not the best side in the world player for player. That is unquestionably Brazil. However, we have every right to claim our palce int he second tier of 4 or 5 teams that can say they may not be favorites but winning ti wouldn't be considred a shock. We can equate ourselves with the lieks of Argentina, Italy and perhaps Spain and France.

Anyone that says England WILL win the world cup are over confident and denying the fact that Brazil exist. However, we have every right to say that we are as liely to win it as any other side that isn't Brazil. Taking that into cosnideration what shoudl our aim be? To win it!

Would Quarter finals represent a failure? If we play Brazil, Argentina or Italy and it is a close game where we are unlucky to lose then it wouldn't be. If we scrape through the group and then lose to Germany or Holland then I have no problems saying we could ahve doen better. (realises that these games may not be possible but i don't knwo how the draw works)

So England are a immeaserably worse side than last year when we had the Liverpool and Chelsea players in the Champions league semi-finals are we?

Rooney, Beckham, Terry, Lampard, Cole, are bad players because their club sides lost a couple of games in Europe? :blink:

Lets get realistic here. England are not the best side in the world player for player. That is unquestionably Brazil. However, we have every right to claim our palce int he second tier of 4 or 5 teams that can say they may not be favorites but winning ti wouldn't be considred a shock. We can equate ourselves with the lieks of Argentina, Italy and perhaps Spain and France.

Anyone that says England WILL win the world cup are over confident and denying the fact that Brazil exist. However, we have every right to say that we are as liely to win it as any other side that isn't Brazil. Taking that into cosnideration what shoudl our aim be? To win it!

Would Quarter finals represent a failure? If we play Brazil, Argentina or Italy and it is a close game where we are unlucky to lose then it wouldn't be. If we scrape through the group and then lose to Germany or Holland then I have no problems saying we could ahve doen better. (realises that these games may not be possible but i don't knwo how the draw works)

England will more than likely play Polan or Germany the way the draw pans out in 2nd phase. I never said England couldn't win it, I mean if Greece can win a tournament who knows what might happen I even reckon USA might do well as they have that good team mentality. It boils down to Wayne Rooney. If he stays calm and focussed you should do well, if he get's wound up and turns to the dark side so to speak you are capable of losing to anyone as Northern Ireland proved. I think your opponents may set out to niggle and wind Shrek up and he can either be the hero or villain.

Tenner to anyone says England won't win the World Cup. It just won't happen under Sven. Tactically, in a major tournament, he just hasn't shown a consistent degree of bottle and know-how.

That said, the reason for England's failings is, in my opinion, tactical and mental and not the product of under-experience from the players. If you honestly believe Rooney or Owen's performance this season has majorly suffered purely because they're not playing a couple of games every few months in the Champions League; you're seriously, seriously stupid.

The chances of England winning the World Cup will only decrease in time withn the Premiership being about 75% foreign players. Eventually like Scotland you'll be forced to choose players from the championship as your domestic clubs sign big money foreign talent. It's a fact unless UEFA sort out a new foreigner rule. Why are people so agressive when I only state facts.

The chances of England winning the World Cup will only decrease in time withn the Premiership being about 75% foreign players. Eventually like Scotland you'll be forced to choose players from the championship as your domestic clubs sign big money foreign talent. It's a fact unless UEFA sort out a new foreigner rule. Why are people so agressive when I only state facts.

That's not strictly true. How many current or past England players have started off at a lower league club? I know what your saying and I agree something needs to be done, but quality always comes through and if they did have to go to a lower league club to start off then that's great for lower league football aswell!

That's not strictly true. How many current or past England players have started off at a lower league club? I know what your saying and I agree something needs to be done, but quality always comes through and if they did have to go to a lower league club to start off then that's great for lower league football aswell!

Yeah so good in some ways and personally I prefer watching lower league club football in some ways. Leicester, Hinckley Utd or even that Hamilton vs Dundee match on Sky Sports last night showed plenty of passion and entertainment value. At least my views of the England squad aren't as harsh as monkeyface Noel Gallagher who today described them as G@yboys. He also thinks he is the best singer in the world though so what the hell does he know(almost worth adding this comment to the Oasis hater thread on Music)

Tenner to anyone says England won't win the World Cup. It just won't happen under Sven. Tactically, in a major tournament, he just hasn't shown a consistent degree of bottle and know-how.

That said, the reason for England's failings is, in my opinion, tactical and mental and not the product of under-experience from the players. If you honestly believe Rooney or Owen's performance this season has majorly suffered purely because they're not playing a couple of games every few months in the Champions League; you're seriously, seriously stupid.

Agree with the first paragraph - Sven will not lead us to any sort of glory. Semi-finals at best, if that. He doesn't have the balls to make the tough decisions and is far too loyal to his 'favourites'.

Archived