Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Steve Walsh - Legend 1

From todays bluearmy

story

Walshy does his bit to cheer on the latest city heroes in FA Cup

What a game in the FA Cup at Fulham last week - and what a City legend was there as part of the great Blue Army battalion! The face was unforgettable.

Steve Walsh, in all his glory, was jumping, shouting and cheering with the rest of the City faithful at Craven Cottage, having jetted in from his Spanish base.

City chairman Andrew Taylor who, as is his wont on occasions, also joined the fans, eschewing Mohammed Al Fayed's directors' box. And he told me that the main queue at half-time was not for refreshments but for Walshy, the iconic leader of Leicester City in the 1990s, to sign autographs, and to be photographed by loads of fans with mobile phones.

Taylor said: "At one time, there seemed to be more than 30 fans around him. It was great to see."

Today at work i saw the picture in the merc and cut it out and stuck it ip on the window and told everyone that it was the the best pic in the world ever! What a legend! :scarf: :fox:

For those wo don't remember and for those who just miss him like me......

Mr Leicester

5 will never be the same again!

Edited to say this is my favouite part! lol

On the cover of the first programme of the 1986-87 season new signing Steve Walsh is shaking hands with City manager Bryan Hamilton. Walsh, in a snugly-fitting Admiral 'John Bull' shirt and with a big hair-style looks like a strapping lad, but an unheard-of signing from Wigan hardly seemed likely to cause much excitement among a Filbert Street crowd becoming used to an annual First Division relegation battle. In his programme, notes Hamilton welcomed Walsh to the, club adding that:

"He's a defender who is strong, quick and good in the air, and should prove a great asset.."

Hamilton neglected to add that he was:

"A right violent bastard with a short temper who mght break your jaw if you push him too far."

but we (and David Geddis) were to find that out soon enough.

For those wo don't remember and for those who just miss him like me......

Mr Leicester

5 will never be the same again!

Edited to say this is my favouite part! lol

On the cover of the first programme of the 1986-87 season new signing Steve Walsh is shaking hands with City manager Bryan Hamilton. Walsh, in a snugly-fitting Admiral 'John Bull' shirt and with a big hair-style looks like a strapping lad, but an unheard-of signing from Wigan hardly seemed likely to cause much excitement among a Filbert Street crowd becoming used to an annual First Division relegation battle. In his programme, notes Hamilton welcomed Walsh to the, club adding that:

"He's a defender who is strong, quick and good in the air, and should prove a great asset.."

Hamilton neglected to add that he was:

"A right violent bastard with a short temper who mght break your jaw if you push him too far."

but we (and David Geddis) were to find that out soon enough.

You forgot the two Arthurs Rowley and Chandler plus Sepp Smith - all regarded as legends by older fans.

You forgot the two Arthurs Rowley and Chandler plus Sepp Smith - all regarded as legends by older fans.

ok, forgot and not mentioned are two differant things!

I celebrate each and all LCFC legend but mine will always be Walshy just MO as he was me hero when i first started going to the city.

I don't remember the Arthurs or Sep but their place in LCFC history is well deserved obviously as is Walshys :thumbup:

ok, forgot and not mentioned are two differant things!

I celebrate each and all LCFC legend but mine will always be Walshy just MO as he was me hero when i first started going to the city.

I don't remember the Arthurs or Sep but their place in LCFC history is well deserved obviously as is Walshys :thumbup:

I was joking mate i'm not old enough to remember most of the greats either (only 29) but i agree with your list all legends especially Walshy and Lineker.

I was joking mate i'm not old enough to remember most of the greats either (only 29) but i agree with your list all legends especially Walshy and Lineker.

oh good, was gonna tell ya to p155 orf if you went on again! lol

Yes those two were rather good were they not :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All this recent chat about Steve has set me wondering as to where he has disapeared to?

Untill a few weeks ago he was running his golfing holidays just along the coast from me on the Costa del Crime. Even (one of) his girlfriend(s) used to drink in our local bar but now, nowhere to be seen!

He was obviously seen by many at the Fulham game but since then no sign of him, his girlfriend says they are not together anymore and his website is off-line.

Anyone got any info? :dunno:

All this recent chat about Steve has set me wondering as to where he has disapeared to?

Untill a few weeks ago he was running his golfing holidays just along the coast from me on the Costa del Crime. Even (one of) his girlfriend(s) used to drink in our local bar but now, nowhere to be seen!

He was obviously seen by many at the Fulham game but since then no sign of him, his girlfriend says they are not together anymore and his website is off-line.

Anyone got any info? :dunno:

He was at the Midland Pub last night along with Muzzy and Tags for a charity event. Didn't ask what he's up to now :doh:

But I did get a picture with him :wub:

He was at the Midland Pub last night along with Muzzy and Tags for a charity event. Didn't ask what he's up to now :doh:

But I did get a picture with him :wub:

Brilliant, must be taking a break from all this sunshine. Bit worried for a minute though. :thumbup:

Archived