Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Team v Millwall

With Fryatt, McCarthy, Kisnorbo, Douglas and Sylla all doubtfull plus Sheehan and Wesolowski definately out there might be one or two changes, not good!

Hopefully if the doubtful ones make it then my team would be as follows:

Henderson

Stearman

McCarthy

Kisnorbo

Nissa

Maybury

Williams

Gudjonsson

Welsh

Fryatt

Hume

Subs: Gerrbrand, O'Grady, Elvis, Hughes, Brevett.

I think we will need 2 strikers and 2 defenders on the bench as Hume was also carrying a knock along with Fryatt, McCarthy and Kisnorbo earlier in the week.

With Fryatt, McCarthy, Kisnorbo, Douglas and Sylla all doubtfull plus Sheehan and Wesolowski definately out there might be one or two changes, not good!

Hopefully if the doubtful ones make it then my team would be as follows:

Henderson

Stearman

McCarthy

Kisnorbo

Nissa

Maybury

Williams

Gudjonsson

Welsh

Fryatt

Hume

Subs: Gerrbrand, O'Grady, Elvis, Hughes, Brevett.

I think we will need 2 strikers and 2 defenders on the bench as Hume was also carrying a knock along with Fryatt, McCarthy and Kisnorbo earlier in the week.

Can't argue with that, i think we need welsh in the team and if Fryatt is unavaliable then O'Grady will get his first start :thumbup:

I'd probably go for the same.

It's a shame we haven't really got much choice but to stick with Johansson at left back again (Brevett is not an option :D). I fear he's got another massive task on his hands trying to deal with the pace of Marvin Williams.

Can't argue with that, i think we need welsh in the team and if Fryatt is unavaliable then O'Grady will get his first start :thumbup:

Reading between the managerspeak it seems that Fryatt might well be given the chance to rest (groin injuries aren't worth taking a risk with) and that O'Grady will get his big chance. I cannot see this would be a big problem because O'Grady is a combative player, just made for the Den.

The danger at Millwall though is trying to play them at their own game. We have to be competitive to win the ball but we should concentrate on doing so calmly and then playing a bit ourselves. I'm just hoping Mccarthy recovers because he will be a key man, together with Welsh.

can't really argue with that team, although if williams starts then he must perform becuase on saturday we wont be allowed to have players that dont get stuck in. We will need all 11 players playing their hearts out and if williams doesn't do this then i fear it could be the end for him becuase alot of fans (not so much on this board) are getting anoyed with his half hearted performances. Hopefully he has a cracking game because i think he could be a really good player for us if he gets his act together and plays consistantly, if he does not tho then hughes should be brought on becuase i feel he can offer just as much going forward as williams does.

:clap2: ROB KELLY'S BLUE ARMY!!! :clap2:

Reading between the managerspeak it seems that Fryatt might well be given the chance to rest (groin injuries aren't worth taking a risk with) and that O'Grady will get his big chance. I cannot see this would be a big problem because O'Grady is a combative player, just made for the Den.

The danger at Millwall though is trying to play them at their own game. We have to be competitive to win the ball but we should concentrate on doing so calmly and then playing a bit ourselves. I'm just hoping Mccarthy recovers because he will be a key man, together with Welsh.

Yeah, there's no point risking him. Perhaps put him on the bench just incase we are struggling, Fryatt's a tough lad though and will be desperate to play.

If everyone is fit it will be a test of RK to see if he will make the tough decisions. As everybody has said Hughes has been in poor form recently, whereas Welsh (shooting aside) has done well coming on. RK surely cannont justify playing Huges ahead of Welsh on the left any longer.

Kisnorbo and Douglas have both trained today - so Kisnorbo will probably continue in defence. From the OS

McCarthy and Fryatt seem to be the only touch-and-go players at the minute. So I imagine he may start Gerrbrand if McCarthy is rested, and Fryatt will be on the bench with O'Grady getting his place to start.

These are the two most likely changes based on the injury situation, and there's a chance (in my opinion) that Welsh will get the nod ahead of Hughes on the left. Although I think I would prefer Williams dropped, Hughes moving to central mid and Welsh taking left wing.

Its pretty simple, If all are fit Rob kelly wont make any changes.

I think if Fryatt isn't completely fit he'll rest him. As Thrac said above, Groin strain is not something to take lightly (it's kept Sheehan out for several weeks, if I recall) and Fryatt is a key member of the team - I think it would be best to rest him for one game, or most of it, rather than risk losing him for 2 or 3 games. We're a little thin on the ground for attackers, whereas we've a fair bit of cover at the back - and since our strikers have run themselves into the ground for the last few weeks, they're more likely to be rested.

Otherwise the team will be your standard lineup - I doubt any of us will be suprised with the lineup come Saturday :thumbup:

Here's the team I'd like to see, assuming Fryatt is rested (he'll make the bench) but McCarthy is fit enough.

Henderson

Stearman

Kisnorbo

McCarthy

Nissa

Maybury

Hughes

Joey G

Welsh

Hume

O'Grady

Subs:

Fryatt

Gerrbrand

Douglas (if ready, Logan if not)

Hammond

Williams

I've replaced Williams with Welsh, and moved Hughes in the middle. O'Grady straight swap for Fryatt, and nothing else is different from the Luton game as far as the starting 11 go.

Archived