Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jonbluefox9

Pre-season friendly

Sorry if someone has already mentioned this but I've been told by a good source that we will be playing PSV at Filbert Way in July as our "big" pre-season home fixture. The date hasn't been confirmed, the 25th is an early suggestion, but it is all but confirmed that we will be playing them. Of course, as we found out last pre-season, anything could happen between now and then that may force the game to be called off but at this moment in time it would seem that it is PSV who will be coming to town in July.

Because I might be getting a Saturday or Sunday job, so I can't fit in the football and a job. How I'm going to cope with not knowing the score will be a bit of a problem :cry:

Get yourself a job that you can work 6-1 or 7-2 etc!!

Because I might be getting a Saturday or Sunday job, so I can't fit in the football and a job. How I'm going to cope with not knowing the score will be a bit of a problem :cry:

stuff the job :thumbup: do whats closest to your heart

Surely dont need a season ticket to see the pre season friendly? PSV would be good though. i havent been to a friendly since the brawl in the Athletico Bilbao matcha few years back. That was FUNNY.

Surely dont need a season ticket to see the pre season friendly? PSV would be good though. i havent been to a friendly since the brawl in the Athletico Bilbao matcha few years back. That was FUNNY.

Their small but lively group of fans were funny too depending on whereabouts you were sitting for that game. There was someone with a really high pitched voice who was starting off some of the Bilbao chants. Sounded like a cat being strangled.

Anybody have any memories of "big" pre-season fixtures we've had at home in the past? The first one I remember going to was Fiorentina at Filbert Street when Roberto Mancini came back as their manager but I have heard some of my family members talking about a game against Borussia Monchengladbach at Filbert Street before. Must have been 80s or early 90s I'm guessing.

I won't get too excited yet. Even when its "officially annouced" I won't be too sure.

Anyone remember last year's farce? Inter Milan? It was annouced originally on lcfc.com as a "Pre Annoucement" or something, it then took months (Literally - I'm sure) for them to finalise this friendly, then Inter Milan cancelled, LCFC threatened legal action (I think) and Milan sent a youth squad instead.

I know most of that was probably Inter Milan's fault (i.e...Finalising the Freindly/Milan pulling out) but was there any need for the "Pre Annoucement"?! What was the point in that?

Ahh the pre season friendly ... I'll deffo go :D

Might see that idiot who had a go at me last year at the Celtic game, because I said that Deep freeze was crap, told me he to fing shut up ... said that his goals were gonna get us up and it was the views of so called fans like me who make home games a nightmare to attend :D

Archived