Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
C-man

Play-off challenge?

How many new signings to challenge for the play-offs next season?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Number of Signings

• 1-3
    • 4-6
    • 7-8
    • 9-11

How many new signings do you think we'll need to be challenging for the play-offs next season?

Personally i think we need 6 good new signings.

- goalie

- left back

- 2 wingers

- centre midfielder

- striker

Opinions

How many new signings do you think we'll need to be challenging for the play-offs next season?

Personally i think we need 6 good new signings.

- goalie

- left back

- 2 wingers

- centre midfielder

- striker

Opinions

I think we definately need a right and left winger next season and a new goalkeeper to replace Rab. In the centre of midfield we will have weso, hughes and williams so we proably need another CM then we need a striker just as good as hume and fryatt incase one gets injured. Freddy eastwood? :P

It's all about priorities. We don't need a new left back. Our defence (Stearman/Maybury, Kisnorbo/Gerrbrand/McCarthy/Johansson/Stearman, Johansson/Sheehan) does not need our already limited resources wasting on it. We also don't need a goalkeeper. Douglas & Henderson are adequate for this level.

We need a couple of wingers, a defensive midfielder, and a striker.

yeah good point, we're well covered at the back easily and don't forget we'll have some youngsters coming through, i think we'll be fine with strikers and i think its the midfield we need to look at

i think we needanother goalie and a couple of players to boost our squad and back up any injuries we may pick up but as proven under kelly our squad is more than capable of beating any team in this league. if we played this well under levein we would be promoted so under kelly i think next year our aim will be to get into the play offs.

:cool:

i think we will seriously miss joey :(.

joey is so influential and i think we should match his wages at that danish club or whatever it is as he could gain us a couple of places on his own because he is our linkage play.

i think we needanother goalie and a couple of players to boost our squad and back up any injuries we may pick up but as proven under kelly our squad is more than capable of beating any team in this league. if we played this well under levein we would be promoted so under kelly i think next year our aim will be to get into the play offs.

joey is so influential and i think we should match his wages at that danish club or whatever it is as he could gain us a couple of places on his own because he is our linkage play.

Problem, AZ Alkmaar (currently second in the Eredewise (sp? - the Dutch league)) can offer higher wages. They can also offer top flight football. And since they're flying high in the Dutch league, he'll be getting Champions League football, or UEFA cup at least. Can we offer higher wages and european football?

We need 2 minimum, up to 4.

No goalkeepers needed.

No defenders needed.

2 wingers would be handy - Sylla's not up to it, clearly.

Possibly a central midfielder (defensive type) to cover for Weso (as Hughes and Williams aren't really suited to the defensive role).

Possibly another natural-goalscoring striker - we've got Hume and Fryatt, they're the first choice. O'Grady is decent cover, but we might do well to have a better goalscoring option than Hammond to provide cover. Perhaps one of the academy/reserve players will get a chance?

2 wingers, and possibly 1 striker and 1 defensive midfielder.

I don't know if he's actually that influential, but he chips in with very vital goals and assists. Hughes and Williams can fill that void if they keep mostly injuryfree and in form for next season, with Weso being used here too. They are 3 central midfielders who have proven that they have the ability to compete in this league.

Joey has already signed a pre-contract agreement with AZ and I think he's greatly looking forward to going there. He's had a succesful stint in the Netherlands already, and at his age he realises that the offer of European football might never present itself again.

1 striker

3 midfielders (2wingers and 1 defensive)

It would be nice if we could sign Welsh. I think a proven striker is needed, preferably someone who is a little older (i.e. late 20's) as Fryatt and Hume are 19 and 22 (i think), so if we are going to push for the playoffs a little experience up front could'nt hurt. Could also perhaps do with similar experience in a defensive mid. Apart from that I reckon at least one winger is needed, and then probably one or two more decent squad players, although that might be a luxury we can't afford.

1 striker

3 midfielders (2wingers and 1 defensive)

It would be nice if we could sign Welsh. I think a proven striker is needed, preferably someone who is a little older (i.e. late 20's) as Fryatt and Hume are 19 and 22 (i think), so if we are going to push for the playoffs a little experience up front could'nt hurt. Could also perhaps do with similar experience in a defensive mid. Apart from that I reckon at least one winger is needed, and then probably one or two more decent squad players, although that might be a luxury we can't afford.

Yeah i'd bring Dion back :P

i would bring deano back, was a great player for us. could be a good influence off the field, not much use for playing a full 90 though. :D

What about Heskey if Birmingham go down? At the moment he looks a shadow of the player I remember at Filbert Street, so perhaps no premiership club would want him and back at his natural home he might be re-born??? Not totaly convinced myself though, as I doubt he'd come and I'm not sure if he'd be anyway near as good as he was.

Archived