Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Milky

More interest in McAuley

Interesting. There is no doubt of our interest. McCarthy, Kisnorbo and McAuley should see us well set at centre-back. McAuley carries a goal threat and that would be a bonus. Gerrbrand would doubtless be shed because I cannot see him serving a useful purpose.

I really don't think we need another centre back. In Maybury, Stearman Kisnorbo, McCarthy, Johansson, Gerrbrand and Sheehan, with the possibility of Mattock as back up. I don't think there is any need for another centre back unless we get rid, but I think Gerrbrand is adequate cover. All of defenders are versatile and they can all play more than one position across the back line so I don't think we need to concentrate on this, we need a new midfield and a target man and that should be sufficient.

I really don't think we need another centre back. In Maybury, Stearman Kisnorbo, McCarthy, Johansson, Gerrbrand and Sheehan, with the possibility of Mattock as back up. I don't think there is any need for another centre back unless we get rid, but I think Gerrbrand is adequate cover. All of defenders are versatile and they can all play more than one position across the back line so I don't think we need to concentrate on this, we need a new midfield and a target man and that should be sufficient.

I see only McCarthy and Kisnorbo as effective centre-backs.

Gerrbrand and Nils could be offloaded for me. Stearman's a right back not a centre-back because he finds it hard to defend the near post left alone the centre and Sheehan doesn't get anywhere near the team and if he did it would be at left-back.

If we got rid of Gerrbrand then I could see it happening, he is 6 foot 3 and looks like a unit so he might gives us some desperately needed muscle.

That's my thinking. I think Kelly wants to make us a bit more authorative at set pieces - at both ends - and McAuley might be his best option.

if we are in for McAuley then dosent anyone esle think that a bid has been made for Mcarthy or Kisnorbo.

i can see either of them being looked at by clubs tbh

no i dont think they will be leaving but we do need another centre back as gerrbrand is not the player we all hoped he would be.

I think we should look to play wingbacks next season so we need 3 competent centre backs.

Unless we can get in 2 players who are comfortable and effective on the wing then we'll be a one dimensional team.

But with our current set of players, we could play wingbacks with the addition of a new left sided wingback unless Kelly starts to play Sheehan. Stearman or Maybury are good enough on the right.

Wesolowski, Williams/Hughes and a new box to box central midfielder. Makes sense.

Paddy Mac has held our house move up for 4 weeks more than it should've been. The reason being is work was being done on his new house, which is just up the road from ours when we move in. He didnt want to move till the season had finished, and then he moves in and then goes back home to Ireland for 3 months. So i think that says he's staying.

Paddy Mac has held our house move up for 4 weeks more than it should've been. The reason being is work was being done on his new house, which is just up the road from ours when we move in. He didnt want to move till the season had finished, and then he moves in and then goes back home to Ireland for 3 months. So i think that says he's staying.

What's his new house like.

Archived