Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Giving Youth a chance...

I really can't understand why we are not using some of our youth players (Chambers and the like) for these few remaining games. I mean we are safe and have nothing really to play for (apart from pride) and the supporters would appreciate seeing some of our most promising prospects!!

If now is not the time when is?

At the start of the season? No too much to play for.

At the half way stage? No might be scrapping for safety or a promotion/playoff spot!

At the end? No THE most important part of the season!!!

C'mon Kelly give some of the kids ago!!!!

It ain't happening. Rob Kelly said that players who play deserve to play - he's not going to give the kids a chance just because we have nothing to play for. Players have to earn the right to wear the shirt, not be given a free opportunity because we can afford to.

I like his way of thinking. He wants to win the final 2 games and so do I. Players should play based on merit, not anything else.

It ain't happening. Rob Kelly said that players who play deserve to play - he's not going to give the kids a chance just because we have nothing to play for. Players have to earn the right to wear the shirt, not be given a free opportunity because we can afford to.

I like his way of thinking. He wants to win the final 2 games and so do I. Players should play based on merit, not anything else.

If that's the case how come Joey's playing 'cause he don't deserve it on his last few performances!!! But obviously if they aren't good enough fine, but surely anyone is a better Right winger than we have at the mo'!!!!! :angry:

I think Sheehan should be given a chance, because of the fact we've had no one comfortable in the left back position all season. Then if he performs well we may be able to save some money in the Summer and spend it on a left/right winger which is essential.

Kelly says he owes it to the fans to play the strongest team and try to win the remaining games. He doesn't owe it to the fans. He should experiment now (but just a little), because he's saved this club from relegation. What more could we ask for this season? We need to look towards next season now, and stop persisting with playing Hughes and Maybury (and surely Stearman would be a better option) out of position on the wing.

I really can't understand why we are not using some of our youth players (Chambers and the like) for these few remaining games. I mean we are safe and have nothing really to play for (apart from pride) and the supporters would appreciate seeing some of our most promising prospects!!

If now is not the time when is?

At the start of the season? No too much to play for.

At the half way stage? No might be scrapping for safety or a promotion/playoff spot!

At the end? No THE most important part of the season!!!

C'mon Kelly give some of the kids ago!!!!

i've been saying this for weeks, people want to say how great our prospects are but dont wanna give them a chance

I've been saying they should play on merit all season so why doesn't it happen?. We have played our strongest team once and we've finished 17th in the table. Better than I expected but hardly inspiring.

How come, if people are picked on merit, Sylla has clocked up 24 League appearances this season, Johansson 36, Hughes 26, Tiatto 10 and Brevett was on the bench today?. Tiatto has still not started a League game that we've won all season under Kelly or Levein.

I suppose you'd argue City played well today against that team of golden oldies who weren't a patch on Preston. And that we played well against Preston.

We've taken five points out of our last 15 so by what logic do you believe this team would win our last two. What is so special about them that makes you so protective?.

If Kelly thinks selection should be on merit and he never drops people who are playing badly will you explain how anyone gets the chance to make their mark?. In the feeder teams? Dodds scores every week in the reserves which is more than Hammond does, for instance.

Oh yes, the team is fighting and working hard. But if you're satisfied with what we're serving up as football you're easier pleased than me.

What Kelly has got is not a meritocracy. It's a clique.

No wonder the club is skint with such a short sighted attitude.

Would you perhaps wish to close the Academy and save a chunk of money because, believe me, if you don't consistently bring players through beyond Reserve level it is an utter waste of resources.

Stearman came through last summer but since then only O'Grady has blossomed. We need three players through per season. And with people like Sylla, Hughes, Johansson, Hammond and Brevett in our squad if we cannot bring three players through to our team then someone should be asking why.

I've been saying they should play on merit all season so why doesn't it happen?. We have played our strongest team once and we've finished 17th in the table. Better than I expected but hardly inspiring.

How come, if people are picked on merit, Sylla has clocked up 24 League appearances this season, Johansson 36, Hughes 26, Tiatto 10 and Brevett was on the bench today?. Tiatto has still not started a League game that we've won all season under Kelly or Levein.

I suppose you'd argue City played well today against that team of golden oldies who weren't a patch on Preston. And that we played well against Preston.

We've taken five points out of our last 15 so by what logic do you believe this team would win our last two. What is so special about them that makes you so protective?.

If Kelly thinks selection should be on merit and he never drops people who are playing badly will you explain how anyone gets the chance to make their mark?. In the feeder teams? Dodds scores every week in the reserves which is more than Hammond does, for instance.

Oh yes, the team is fighting and working hard. But if you're satisfied with what we're serving up as football you're easier pleased than me.

What Kelly has got is not a meritocracy. It's a clique.

No wonder the club is skint with such a short sighted attitude.

Would you perhaps wish to close the Academy and save a chunk of money because, believe me, if you don't consistently bring players through beyond Reserve level it is an utter waste of resources.

Stearman came through last summer but since then only O'Grady has blossomed. We need three players through per season. And with people like Sylla, Hughes, Johansson, Hammond and Brevett in our squad if we cannot bring three players through to our team then someone should be asking why.

:clap::thumbup:

Archived